European Union may boycott Thailand if it delays election: Surapong

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, fully agree with the below post. wai.gif

Why is this person even commenting on anything.

He was removed from his position by the courts, and as such, the EU have no reason to contact him. He is simply full of sh1t..!

and then that Surapong Statement:

some insiders saw attempts to have a coup and that it would cause the Thai economy to decline in the next ten years because it would be unacceptable to the international community.

- Some insiders... "the sources" that spoke to the man that saw the man

- Thai economy would decline because it is not acceptable to the international community... Seriously.... Master Degree in Economy???? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Thailand receives less tariffs because they are a democracy, those will certainly go up, right now there is a food export EU tariff that is set to double because Thailand does not have a democratic fully functioning parliament-this was in the Bangkok Post as the exporters were urging the government to get back in session.

• Like 1

I dont believe one minute in that statement .... how can Europe boycott Thailand ..... in which way ? Tourists will still arrive and business will be as usual .... ridiculous

I can speak on behalf of the European Union, we back the General.....wai2.gif

oh really?ermm.gif Then why does the European Union official statement specifically mention early elections rather than simply elections?

“ The priority now is to set a clear timetable for early elections and establish as soon as possible a fully functioning government with democratic legitimacy.”

Edited by Asiantravel

Brunei-being an absolute monarchy, non-democratic, already has less export privilidges to the US and Europe, it's manufacturing sector is pittence compared to Thailand, there is no comparison..

fact is-if Thailand is not democratic, it will pay higher duties to the US and EU, ..they may not kick in the sanctions immediately if elections are only delayed, but if it's an appointed dictator for 2 years-forget it, sanctions will come, especially once the army mows down the reds a few times.

"Under Sharia law, the following is considered criminal behaviour, punishable by fines, jail, amputation of limbs, public flogging or death by stoning: absence from Friday prayer services; becoming pregnant out of wedlock; wearing indecent clothing, and for women, refusal to wear a hijab; employing a non-Muslim babysitter; the use of the word “Allah” by Christians and the discussion of faith by any non-Muslims; publicly eating or drinking during Ramadan; theft; homosexuality; and adultery."

"The Sultan of Brunei, recently announced the implementation of Sharia law in his tiny South Asian nation." Newsone, 'The sex-obsessed world of Brunei'.

No country has commented or impossed sanctions on Brunei for the change of law.

No sanctions for Thailand; sounds as though there are Godfathers. Some countries can get away with anything so long as they have the money and trade connections. Good smokescreen also helps.

Surapong is having a last go, brave man?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Here is a link to the letter : http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/thailand/documents/news/20140520_en.pdf

It's a six line letter .. normal stuff!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So, the usual Surapong rhetoric: stating something different to what was actually written. Lies lies lies.

Seems to be part of the way this whole clan operates; insider trading, blatant knowingly abusing power, and much more.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I dont believe one minute in that statement .... how can Europe boycott Thailand ..... in which way ? Tourists will still arrive and business will be as usual .... ridiculous

I can speak on behalf of the European Union, we back the General.....wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif width=20 alt=wai2.gif>

oh really? alt=ermm.gif> Then why does the European Union official statement specifically mention early elections rather than simply elections?

“ The priority now is to set a clear timetable for early elections and establish as soon as possible a fully functioning government with democratic legitimacy.”

So you believe Thailand should follow What the EU says?

Did you ever consider that the letter / signal whatever is just normal diplomatic speak including the choice of the word early?

I can speak on behalf of the European Union, we back the General.....wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif width=20 alt=wai2.gif>

oh really? alt=ermm.gif> Then why does the European Union official statement specifically mention early elections rather than simply elections?

So you believe Thailand should follow What the EU says?

Did you ever consider that the letter / signal whatever is just normal diplomatic speak including the choice of the word early?

" So you believe Thailand should follow What the EU says? "

Well they give the impression they are at least trying to be mindful of the sentiments of international investors.

Is there a week that goes by when Thailand doesn't declare itself as a “ wanna be hub “ of something? I always interpreted this as being a strong desire to attract more international investment.

The lesson from all the recent events over the past few days is to question whether international investors will be now able to even trust what Thailand tells them going forward.

Even the BBC alluded to this, reminding us that emphasis was put on the fact that martial law was not a coup just a few days ago.

It will be interesting to see how the Japanese react to this news as they were sitting on the fence deciding whether to proceed with another major car plant or choose another country depending on how the politics played out.

What sort of signal did Surapong receive, I wonder? Smoke? Morse code? Flags, perhaps.

His personal psychic told him......"your head is rising up Uranus, I see lands over the water, where the people eat garlic"

tongue.png

there are still sanctions on Thailand's military from the USA, all the army's toys come subsidised from USA. for sure there will be sanctions by democratic counties. 2 times a democratically elected government has been over thrown, its not acceptable in this day and age. Trade barriers will bite hard and Japanese companies said weeks ago they would relocate if things did not change. Think this and the kickback from it will see them depart to neighbours. They must have problems from 10pm curfew presumably effects their night shifts, car transporters etc.

Its all still going to end with a red government with a Shin involved because that's what the vast majority want.

Time for this General to build his retirement fund, good timing for him.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/thai-military-coup-likely-trigger-us-sanctions-1449600

Edited by marstons

there are still sanctions on Thailand's military from the USA, all the army's toys come subsidised from USA. for sure there will be sanctions by democratic counties. 2 times a democratically elected government has been over thrown, its not acceptable in this day and age. Trade barriers will bite hard and Japanese companies said weeks ago they would relocate if things did not change. Think this and the kickback from it will see them depart to neighbours. They must have problems from 10pm curfew presumably effects their night shifts, car transporters etc.

Its all still going to end with a red government with a Shin involved because that's what the vast majority want.

Red dreams..

Shall we make a bet that there wont be trade sanctions in the near future ?

Red dreams..

As you know betting is illegal and you covered the offer with "near future", define what you consider near future, days? weeks? but there will be some reaction, firstly to hit the military which the USA have said already. Personally i am neither red or yellow just support Democracy, probably just like they do in your home country and mine.

Red dreams..

As you know betting is illegal and you covered the offer with "near future", define what you consider near future, days? weeks? but there will be some reaction, firstly to hit the military which the USA have said already. Personally i am neither red or yellow just support Democracy, probably just like they do in your home country and mine.

Near future 6 months.. and yes betting is illegal.

And I support democracy just like in my home country.. only there there are checks and balances and governments operate more honest and according to laws. Here there is nepotism corruption and power abuse. So I don't see this as a real democracy. When there are strict rules in place that are enforced and budgets are transparent and checks and balances there. I would accept the PTP without problem even though I don't like them. But not in the current situation where they can hide and deny losses from a rice scheme.. put it on the budget for 0 baht while it costs at least 300billion bath and with this grossly overspending the fiscal budget.

But not wanting to admit this or economize on other fronts to offset this loss, they love big projects and tablets as its easy to skim money from that. So unless stuff like this is really taken care off I dont see Thailand as a real democracy.

EU needs Thailand more than Thailand needs EU EU needs rice fruits and meat. All thailand get from the EU is place for the poor to go claiming they are rich.

Thailand is in the Drivers Seat