Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

yea right, what about people travelling around the city, country, arriving at/departing from the airport - what are they going to do, arrest everyone? shoot them? have they thought this through? oh, hang on, of course they havent ... this is thailand.

HMMMMMMNIght train leaves Udon about 7:30 Pm. I guess we get about 100 klicks south then stop for the night. Great planning for LOS

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea right, what about people travelling around the city, country, arriving at/departing from the airport - what are they going to do, arrest everyone? shoot them? have they thought this through? oh, hang on, of course they havent ... this is thailand.

HMMMMMMNIght train leaves Udon about 7:30 Pm. I guess we get about 100 klicks south then stop for the night. Great planning for LOS

I mentioned on a thread here after they did martial law all my Thai friends going out to buy gold, stored up on noodles and canned goods as the Thai baht will go down a bunch. I did the same and kept my USD.

Well, wonder what TAT will do now to promote tourism? blink.png

Come to Thailand and get a good nights sleep cheesy.gif

Which may be a very welcome change for most of the semi/permanent tourists who live, err sorry, spend a lot of time here in LOS!!

Better for you than sitting on a bar stool till 0200 every day or later..

• Like 1

All TV channels now blocked. internet will be blocked from 8pm. This is serious stuff. Trouble brewing with Red Shirts.

Not blocked in Chiangmai watching NewsAsia right now & hopefully will continue to do so.

Internet? Will see at 8pm I guess but hope not

probably won't apply to some tourists areas, can't imagine all of them sitting in their hotel drinking beer and watching TV. smile.png They can do that back in their falang country.

No TV either the Military has shut down the broadcast from 1930 hours.

Yeah, I have two weeks left in the country, and I plan on hitting bars... Not bar girl bars, but with friends. F this, we'll see what really happens in CM this weekend.

Get a VIP room in one of these curtain hotels and the party just continues until as long as you want.

They'll supply you with girls and dope as well if that's your thing.

Yeah, I don't need girls, I have a girlfriend and even when I was single dating was never a problem here.

We could always grab beers at our houses, but I would like to catch some live bands before I go.

I doubt they will enforce this longer than 3-5 days, they're too lazy.

Fox News gone as well as all other Thai TV channels

Billions will be lost in revenue I can see the country going into recession within weeks , very sad day for Thailand no doubt Suthep will claim victory the old fool has brought the country to its knees but know doubt he will blame the Shin family I hope the Army see fit to arrest all those involved in the turmoil we have all endured for the last 6 months

• Like 2

Havn't I read across here, everything is safe, now it is officially a coup'etat and curfew all over the country would like to see what tourist travels to a country with his children were life is regulated by armed men?

they have thought it through and also have the required experience... which you obviously lack thumbsup.gif

Agree with you Naam.

For those inexperienced of you who will be out and about as usual; IF you are stopped by army or police during curfew please keep your attitude in check or you very well may find yourself being detained/arrested as per the Law.

• Like 1

Curfew??? Time to leave ASAP!

Grow Up!

Maybe some people should go and muster around various army check points to check out their resolve. No time for armchair critics and know it alls that have never done military service...sh*t'em.

• Like 1

Havn't I read across here, everything is safe, now it is officially a coup'etat and curfew all over the country would like to see what tourist travels to a country with his children were life is regulated by armed men?

I flew out of Thailand 2 days ago. Seems my timing was perfect.

Feel sorry for all the people that are suffering financially because of this. The elite and their puppet Suthep can sit back knowing they got their way but they know in their hearts their time is short. Once you have awakened peoples desire for democracy and given them a taste there is no going back.

When an event i cant mention happens in the very near future their time will be up, even if they have secured a friendly government in power for when it happens. This of course is what this was all about..... corruption?? haha give me a break

Apparently Thailand has a close relationship to USA in that it is termed a non-NATO ally. USA is now legally obliged to impose certain sanctions on Thailand. So it is going to affect them economically

USA said 24 hours ago there would be no coup.

They should bring back Edward Snowden.

At least he seemed to have his finger on the pulse.

The US said "The Thai military has promised there will be no coup and we expect General Prayuth will (sic) hold to that commitment."

They never made a prediction. What a troll.....

biggrin.png

they have thought it through and also have the required experience... which you obviously lack thumbsup.gif

Agree with you Naam.

For those inexperienced of you who will be out and about as usual; IF you are stopped by army or police during curfew please keep your attitude in check or you very well may find yourself being detained/arrested as per the Law.

• Like 1

The Army are real pouplar with my young lady...........why on earth would they not allow TV stations to air soaps?

Thousands if not millions now stay at home looking at 4 walls............

Well I am in Chiang Mai and most TV stations using TOT IP TV are working here for me.

Good night tourism.

I mean how does that even work now?

They've imposed curfews before. We all survived. Even the tourism. And it adds drama to the life of some TV posters who obviously crave it.

You can spend your night at home emailing friends back in farang land about how you're bravely manning the trenches.

WW1_sleeping_arrangements.jpgDear Mom, it's tough going here on the front, but I try to keep a stiff upper lip.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Have to agree with you Naam.

And for those of you with no experience of curfew; IF you are stopped by police or army please keep your attitude in check or you may well find yourself detained/arrested as per the Law.

• Like 1

Curfew??? Time to leave ASAP!

Grow Up!

Maybe some people should go and muster around various army check points to check out their resolve. No time for armchair critics and know it alls that have never done military service...sh*t'em.

probably won't apply to some tourists areas, can't imagine all of them sitting in their hotel drinking beer and watching TV. smile.png They can do that back in their falang country.

No TV channels and at 8 pm all pay TV switched off also....