Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I flew out of Thailand 2 days ago. Seems my timing was perfect.

Feel sorry for all the people that are suffering financially because of this. The elite and their puppet Suthep can sit back knowing they got their way but they know in their hearts their time is short. Once you have awakened peoples desire for democracy and given them a taste there is no going back.

When an event i cant mention happens in the very near future their time will be up, even if they have secured a friendly government in power for when it happens. This of course is what this was all about..... corruption?? haha give me a break

Where have you been since November?

Suthep is part of the blame but the majority falls on the corrupt Government who caused all this mess in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Could not agree with you more.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anybody here knows what bars or clubs will be open ? Wong's ?

Maybe wights?

You have no idea about Thailand. Even the owners of any bar will not know NOW. They just wait and see if anybody will come and try to close their business, I guess. And guess what ? Give the soldiers a drink and they will put their watch in the pocket for later...

Oh, I see! You say BOTH Wights and Wongs maybe. I bet you can walk too!

Channel News Asia still on IPM in Surin and I'm also watching F1 practice from Monaco on 365sort.tv. Guess Bangkok, Chiang Mai will be targeted frst then they will methodically work around the preplanned regions. Had plenty of time to organise, plan and now implement.

What is it that they want to do in Chiang Mai? There's no protests in Chiang Mai?

maybe now the Khmer Red Thai understand that it is now time to talk instead of hording plenty of weapons and guns all over the Country with the plan to create a kind of North Korea. Now it is the time to discuss and create a constitution which cannot every time changed when a new political party has come to power, then this is not a constitution but a joke who supports Dictatorship and criminals in charge. Well done Army.

• Like 2

I flew out of Thailand 2 days ago. Seems my timing was perfect.

Feel sorry for all the people that are suffering financially because of this. The elite and their puppet Suthep can sit back knowing they got their way but they know in their hearts their time is short. Once you have awakened peoples desire for democracy and given them a taste there is no going back.

When an event i cant mention happens in the very near future their time will be up, even if they have secured a friendly government in power for when it happens. This of course is what this was all about..... corruption?? haha give me a break

Where have you been since November?

Suthep is part of the blame but the majority falls on the corrupt Government who caused all this mess in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Suthep would have been a horrible (great?) leader, he lied blatantly and repeatedly (12 times) during the protests.

Good night tourism.

I mean how does that even work now?

Very easy, you can not go out between 22pm and 5am.

If you do, you risk being arrested or shot.

But do not freak , it usually lasts for few days unless there is trouble

So if I have a heart attack at 1am I have to wait until 5am to go to the hospital?

you could try it and see``!

Hmmm. Hopefully this only lasts the next day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you have money deposited at Thai banks you better take it out. This will not be a 2 day coup.

Gee, do you reckon I can keep in TMB? You know, just to be safe.

Hmmm. Hopefully this only lasts the next day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you have money deposited at Thai banks you better take it out. This will not be a 2 day coup.

why would one withdraw their cash? you are panicking.

I have to leave Pattaya at 10 pm tomorrow night 23rd to catch the flight to US at 2:40 am ( 24th)..Please any one can tell me what I have to do if the curfew will be extended further ( tomorrow night ) .....I understand that is not something that doesn't happen often...but please ...if you can give me any information....

Thanks

Your stuck for 3 months in Patts, no way out

The horror. The horror.

• Like 1

well what about all these thai people selling their staff during the night for those who sell at the market during the day?

facepalm.gif

"....these thai people selling their staff during the night ....."

The only people selling their staff will be collecting bar fines well before the 10pm curfew. And many of the people selling at night will now be selling during the day. Just for a short time, while these difficulties prevail that is..

Business as usual

• Like 2

Quote from SMH

"As commanders appeared on television about 5pm Bangkok time (8pm AEST) to declare they had taken over, the leaders of both rival political parties in Thailand were taken away in a vans amid dramatic scenes at the Army Club in central Bangkok, where talks were being held to try to find a resolution to six months of sometimes violent unrest.

A military source said the leaders were told "we will keep you together until you understand and love each other"

Thank you for the very good link. It has a lot more information than is available to the TVF right now, and a few other eye-popppers than the 'love" comment. Rumors are flying like mad here on the net, which is really foolhardy..

Thanks.

Me

children controlling children...how the f^%^& did they get THIS far...is like '''who's on first,no who's on second whats on fiirst,no whats on second,whos on first,i know whos on second.....and on and on and on....stop this thai drama and insanity,please,some one grow up,think out side this thai BOX,and make a f%$%ing decision....stop this insanity...where is the shamwow man when you really need him....he would sort this out

• Like 1

So thats why there are locks on the door from 24 hour supermarkets , they will be closed tonight

Feel sorry for the people working nightshift gonna be losing income and no way getti g compensation

• Like 1

And so the Thai political cycle continues.When are they ever going to learn ? .How many coups has there been over the last few decades ?.What have they achieved after each coup ?.The sooner the thai politicians grow up the better.Enough of all this kindergarden politics.

All you people pointing the finger of blame need to wake up.It doesn't matter who's to blame.One party is as guilty as the next one.They're all big children who can't accept a beating.All bad losers.It's such a shame that you have a beautiful country with wonderful folk but it's all been ruined over and over by the never ending political circus.Doesn't matter who's in charge,they're all corrupt and it's the ordinary thai people who are suffering.

• Like 1

yea right, what about people travelling around the city, country, arriving at/departing from the airport - what are they going to do, arrest everyone? shoot them? have they thought this through? oh, hang on, of course they havent ... this is thailand.

they have thought it through and also have the required experience... which you obviously lack thumbsup.gif

Agree with you Naam.

For those inexperienced of you who will be out and about as usual; IF you are stopped by army or police during curfew please keep your attitude in check or you very well may find yourself being detained/arrested as per the Law.

Agree with you guys. no doubt if it happens there will be no end of 'poor me' thread emerge on. TVF in a few weeks/months time when they are released from detention or hospital.

People need to switch their brain on, I realise for some this may be the first start up for considerable time.

Lets hope that there are not as many idiots out there as we think.. although somehow I feel I will be disappointed..

They do need to realise this is not a 'normal' situation and to keep their mouths shut and follow the rules.

Anybody here knows what bars or clubs will be open ? Wong's ?

Maybe wights?

That wasn't nice,two wongs don't make a wight

Sure, but it was the lesser of two weivels

No television, no nightlife, Thailand is doing its best to shut down the economy. Well at least Suthep and his

supporters will be happy. Be careful what you wish for, you may get it. tongue.png