Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All those who were celebrating Martial Law on another thread, and the down fall of the Shinawatras - welcome to the real world. And next time, be a little more careful what it is you wish for!

Still celebrating Martial law and the down fall of the Shinawatras...curfew will soon pass...as Martial law...to get rid of the Shinawatras family...worth every bit of it...

You don't think they will get elected again once the military allows a new election?

OK now there is no TV

Where are you ?

In Pattaya, with Sophon cable, all foreign channels seems ok. smile.png

Some Thai channels have a fix image with military music on...

It will all depend where you are taking your feeds from, if True they have cut broadcasts, if your taking from Astro or other service from out side of Thailand these are ok.....

Will be interesting to see how this is enforced in Pattaya. Will be a ghost town if they really mean business.

How can that be,with such a beautiful town and wonderful countryside and all those high class tourists with the lovely welcoming Thais

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anybody here knows what bars or clubs will be open ? Wong's ?

Maybe wights?

You have no idea about Thailand. Even the owners of any bar will not know NOW. They just wait and see if anybody will come and try to close their business, I guess. And guess what ? Give the soldiers a drink and they will put their watch in the pocket for later...

Channel News Asia still on IPM in Surin and I'm also watching F1 practice from Monaco on 365sort.tv. Guess Bangkok, Chiang Mai will be targeted frst then they will methodically work around the preplanned regions. Had plenty of time to organise, plan and now implement.

Channel News Asia still on IPM in Surin and I'm also watching F1 practice from Monaco on 365sort.tv. Guess Bangkok, Chiang Mai will be targeted frst then they will methodically work around the preplanned regions. Had plenty of time to organise, plan and now implement.

THai language channels matter

Will be interesting to see how this is enforced in Pattaya. Will be a ghost town if they really mean business.

How can that be,with such a beautiful town and wonderful countryside and all those high class tourists with the lovely welcoming Thais

Pattaya is completely dead during the day giggle.gifwai.gifwai2.gifwhistling.gif

TrueVisions in Udon Thani is out. Black screen.

CTH still seems to be working thank goodness. My little one would be very disappointed if her cartoon channels disappeared.

Here's hoping the army work overtime on brainwashing sufficient people fast. That way the World Cup will hopefully be shown. Unless that competition also comes under the heading of feeding Thai people false information?

Anybody here knows what bars or clubs will be open ? Wong's ?

Maybe wights?

That wasn't nice,two wongs don't make a wight

TrueVisions in Udon Thani is out. Black screen.

CTH still seems to be working thank goodness. My little one would be very disappointed if her cartoon channels disappeared.

Here's hoping the army work overtime on brainwashing sufficient people fast. That way the World Cup will hopefully be shown. Unless that competition also comes under the heading of feeding Thai people false information?

Football, food for the brain dead.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I have been viewing Thai Visa for a few years now but am new to posting comments, so hello to everyone smile.png

My name is Jay and have been living in Thailand for 3 years now.

I am quite ignorant to how this works, in terms of the army taking control. Who controls the army? I always believed that a governent decides what the army can do, so how can the army seize power of government? Who gives them permission?

Cheers

What is true in other countries is not true here.

The Armed Forces are swear loyalty to higher institutions. A little research will tell you more, many books and other material cover it.

• Like 2

I wouldn't make the assumption that this coup or the curfew is in anyway similar to those in the recent past. It's already apparent that a no nonsense approach is being taken here, remember there are armed groups involved here and the army may well be a little nervous...and trigger happy.

• Like 2

probably won't apply to some tourists areas, can't imagine all of them sitting in their hotel drinking beer and watching TV. smile.png They can do that back in their falang country.

there's no TV to watch. it's all been shut down.

As far as I was aware the fighting and demonstrations were confined to Bangkok. So why punish the whole country with a full curfew? Surely only the areas with the unrest need curfews. The army is going too far and will quickly lose the support of the Thais if they treat them badly like this.

If they intend to fight, the Red shirts will need to be on the move.......Now they cannot move at night without detection.

I flew out of Thailand 2 days ago. Seems my timing was perfect.

Feel sorry for all the people that are suffering financially because of this. The elite and their puppet Suthep can sit back knowing they got their way but they know in their hearts their time is short. Once you have awakened peoples desire for democracy and given them a taste there is no going back.

When an event i cant mention happens in the very near future their time will be up, even if they have secured a friendly government in power for when it happens. This of course is what this was all about..... corruption?? haha give me a break

Where have you been since November?

Suthep is part of the blame but the majority falls on the corrupt Government who caused all this mess in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I have to leave Pattaya at 10 pm tomorrow night 23rd to catch the flight to US at 2:40 am ( 24th)..Please any one can tell me what I have to do if the curfew will be extended further ( tomorrow night ) .....I understand that is not something that doesn't happen often...but please ...if you can give me any information....

Thanks