Thai army imposes night-time curfew across country

Lite Beer

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Billions will be lost in revenue I can see the country going into recession within weeks , very sad day for Thailand no doubt Suthep will claim victory the old fool has brought the country to its knees but know doubt he will blame the Shin family I hope the Army see fit to arrest all those involved in the turmoil we have all endured for the last 6 months

TOO LATE. The country is in recession but fudged figures. The army is actually good here and I hope they really sort this mess out to restore this country

• Like 1

decent people sleep at night

Many people have night time jobs. Does that automatically make them non-decent?

If everyone slept at night you'd get a rude awakening due to all the things no longer working!

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.”

Orwell

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good night tourism.

I mean how does that even work now?

Very easy, you can not go out between 22pm and 5am.

If you do, you risk being arrested or shot.

But do not freak , it usually lasts for few days unless there is trouble

So if I have a heart attack at 1am I have to wait until 5am to go to the hospital?

No...of course not...you get in your vehicle...and get shot rushing to the hospital...the is called collateral damage...

And what about late international flights?

Yes, I arrive in BKK on 5 June at 11:30PM.

I have arranged the hire car to meet me at the airport.

I hope the curfew is lifted by then!

Only in thailand announce a curfew 4 hours before it starts. Mickey mouse country

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They should have given a few days notice at least?

They did 2 days ago, when martial law came.

Same as before, curfew only 2-3 days and then will be lifted in most Thailand, but stay in place in certain parts on Bangkok and Thailand. Tourist area's will not be effected after these 2-3 days. Just history repeating itself.

Havn't I read across here, everything is safe, now it is officially a coup'etat and curfew all over the country would like to see what tourist travels to a country with his children were life is regulated by armed men?

Many do every day.

USA - armed police.!

Singapore

UAE

India

too many to mention..

The curfew and martial law will stop many coming to Thailand because travel insurance is voided.

whistling.gif I'm old enough to remember in 1977 when I first came to Thailand.

There was still a one a.m. curfew.

Worked out well in the hotels.

For one thing if a girl was still there at one a.m. she couldn't leave.

No place to go but your room if you were registered there.

You get my drift.

rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Probably those who have to work will be able to go and come back from work. It would be very bad for the economy if the curfew would force everybody to stay at home. What about hospitals, airports etc. They work 24/7.

A few year back I was in Sri Lanka when the military took over there, shortly after the murder of Indira Gandhi in India. There was a curfew and I stayed in a hotel. But I met this guy who still could go wherever he wanted. He had a special pass, which allowed him to do so.

I can believe that this is the same here in Thailand.

It's not April 1 is it?.

I mean, how can the enforce this. If you leave your house at 9pm to go to the airport to catch a late plane, are you in breach of the curfew at 10pm on highway 7 in a taxi.?

I'm also in despair about the TV being taken over completely. Don't watch Thai TV but the principle is very sinister.

I flew out of Thailand 2 days ago. Seems my timing was perfect.

Feel sorry for all the people that are suffering financially because of this. The elite and their puppet Suthep can sit back knowing they got their way but they know in their hearts their time is short. Once you have awakened peoples desire for democracy and given them a taste there is no going back.

When an event i cant mention happens in the very near future their time will be up, even if they have secured a friendly government in power for when it happens. This of course is what this was all about..... corruption?? haha give me a break

Apparently Thailand has a close relationship to USA in that it is termed a non-NATO ally. USA is now legally obliged to impose certain sanctions on Thailand. So it is going to affect them economically

USA said 24 hours ago there would be no coup.

They should bring back Edward Snowden.

At least he seemed to have his finger on the pulse.

The US said "The Thai military has promised there will be no coup and we expect General Prayuth will (sic) hold to that commitment."

They never made a prediction.

biggrin.png

This has to be the dumb id thing they they have done to date. I was going yo watch the news on BBC and they blocked the the channel. Dam stupid. perennially I think it is time they got over this this parinioyea.

Hi everyone. I have been viewing Thai Visa for a few years now but am new to posting comments, so hello to everyone smile.png

My name is Jay and have been living in Thailand for 3 years now.

I am quite ignorant to how this works, in terms of the army taking control. Who controls the army? I always believed that a governent decides what the army can do, so how can the army seize power of government? Who gives them permission?

Cheers

Edited by Jay1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Army said people can travel to airport any time day or night to leave Thailand.

How do we get there...? Are taxis exempt...will buses be running...will they allow private vehicles to operate after curfew...?

Please stand by. Thailand has temporarily lost its sanity....

Temporarily? Me tinks not.

Agreed.

It's about the19th or 20th coup since Thailand became a monarchy in 1932. They have a strong tendency to act not exactly sane.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app