night time curfew throughout Thailand from 10 PM until 5 AM

Asiantravel

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really do know how to <deleted> up thier tourist industry

I would say tourists are not a big concern for them right now. I know we like to feel important, but there are more important matters for them to concern themselves with - like putting a working government in place.

But really, I didn't see much damage to the tourist industry after the 2006 coup, long airport closure and several riots in Bangkok. It will survive this unscathed. They always seem to return in bigger numbers after every "calamity".

Absolutely, the military is not interested in tourists or tourism.

• Like 2

Going to be interesting in Pats about 10pm.... Anyone going to venture out so as to provide a report to the rest of us? Was there a curfew here in Pats the last time after they cleared the red shirt protestors in front of Central World Bkk? I was living in Bkk at that time and it was serious business... The police pretty much took over the streets at 10pm.... All the 7's closed... The first couple of days was kind of cool like being put on restriction like a teenager again... But after that it pretty much sucked! It went on for three weeks or more.. I can't imagine it lasting more then a day or so here in patts

-----------------------------------------

Are you really that blinkered to think the whole of Thailand will come to a standstill but pattaya will be allowed to party on?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by ryro88
  • Like 1

Going to be interesting in Pats about 10pm.... Anyone going to venture out so as to provide a report to the rest of us? Was there a curfew here in Pats the last time after they cleared the red shirt protestors in front of Central World Bkk? I was living in Bkk at that time and it was serious business... The police pretty much took over the streets at 10pm.... All the 7's closed... The first couple of days was kind of cool like being put on restriction like a teenager again... But after that it pretty much sucked! It went on for three weeks or more.. I can't imagine it lasting more then a day or so here in Pats..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't see them having one standard for pattaya and another for the rest of the country?blink.png

It will remain in force until the army are convinced that they are not going to need to fight rebel redshirts

well they did last time, 5 mile exempt area if I remember correctly. 9PM i was in town and police telling people from cars over loud speakers to go home. Mayor more or less said killing the town we are opening for business. So zone given after 3 days again from memory. Other places still had curfew.

Edited by marstons

Curfew time now.

Can any human inform me of the purpose True Vision need to switch off National Geographic ?

What is the reason ?

What numpty decided National Geographic must not be viewed ? And why ?

Thailand showing it's true nonsensical colors.

22.37 now and streets seem as busy as always. News is not of much interest here, it seems. http://www.camscape.com/view/35493

It will all blow over in no time, just like last time. And then the circus continues....;-)))) MS>

We must be looking at different cams, because LK Metro looks dark and deserted with all the bars closed in the cams you linked.

I can't find a working Walking Street cam. That would be interesting.

Only 17 hours now to party. That's not too bad. Early to bed, early to rise, start the fun earlier and finish earlier. Thais are adaptable in a crisis. They won't let the small matter of a coup stop them making money. Civil War would be an absolute nightmare, so if the coup stops that it's fine by me.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

22.37 now and streets seem as busy as always. News is not of much interest here, it seems. http://www.camscape.com/view/35493

It will all blow over in no time, just like last time. And then the circus continues....;-)))) MS>

We must be looking at different cams, because LK Metro looks dark and deserted with all the bars closed in the cams you linked.

I can't find a working Walking Street cam. That would be interesting.

Was looking at Soi Bouakao that time, which was still busy & Beach Rd. remained too with traffic and some pedestrians until about midnight....;-) MS>

Edited by moonseeker

Lock yourself in the nearest bar now.

A great idea for an industrious bar owner. Fill the bar with mattresses (or at least 3/4 of it), and invite the male customers and girls from the other bars in the area to come in by 9:50, as the doors will,be closed at 10:00. Call it the "Curfew Club" or "Military Madness". Girls that work in the bar would wear helmets and army shirts open to the navel. Drinks for girls from other bars could be half price. Drinks for men could be sold at a premium. I am guessing that for the first few weeks (or as long as the curfew lasts if less) the place would be SRO (or LRO). Martial law and now a coup has some real tourist potential!

Has to be said!! all long time posters? the country's in turmoil. And your jesting about chasing tail? which you all should know "Can be had 24/7 anywhere", *** me show some respect.Or go get your nappys changed

Edited by Rimmer
Profanity

I was there during the bangkok riots a few years ago. Right at 8 PM the gogo girls ran off the stage. Lights went on, and I was literally shoved out the door. I have never seen the people so really scared. They enforced the curfew for two nights, then relaxed it a bit. It didn't make my vacation any more fun. I was going to stay an extra week back then but decided to just go home. No police or military showeb up, but I still won't forget the nervousness of the people. 7-11 put newspaper on the windows but basically stayed open. All the businesses around second road, soi bukhao, lk metro really did close. Some of the small massage places were kind of open, but lights were down, no music.

Curfew time now.

Can any human inform me of the purpose True Vision need to switch off National Geographic ?

What is the reason ?

What numpty decided National Geographic must not be viewed ? And why ?

Thailand showing it's true nonsensical colors.

Champions League final this coming Saturday,English Championship playoff final, English League 1 playoff final and the Monaco GP. All due to be shown on True and GMM/CTH.

The French Open tennis also starts on Sunday.

OMG, might have to take a short holiday to Vietnam or Cambodia.

The poor sex tourists.

What? No compassion for the girls?

Sex tourist is genter-neutral, most of the girls are tourists from north and north east Thailand.

Sorry! No compassion for the boys and girls?

Truth be told, there are some bargains to be had under curfew. My mate saved himself 2500 baht on a gogo dancer last night who couldn't go to work.biggrin.png In actual fact it saved him a lot more as he didn't have to spend on lady's drinks, which for him is quite an investment.

Edited by tropo

At a little past 11:30pm May 23, 2014 on Pattaya beach we were just walking past the Pattaya beach police station when three military trucks suddenly stopped in front of the police station and 20 military men in camo jumped out fully armed with automatic wepons to capture control of the police station. I made a short video of it with my phone and published them and some photos on my website <link removed>. Also we checked out Walking Street at 12:00am and there was no one there!! Never in the 12 years I've lived here in Pattaya have I not seen someone on Walking Street 24 hours a day 365 days a year. And worse yet the 7/11's all closed at 9:00pm. Now that's the last straw!! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Edited by raro