Night time curfew...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The signs of upheaval are everywhere on Koh Phangan: The Coconut Union of Macaques are organising themselves for a march to Bangkok, seeing an opportunity to double their incum from half a durian per coconut tree to a whole. The Phangan branch of Underachievers Anonymous are almost contemplating a discussion on the topic; and last but certainly not least, the Dishevelled Hippie Association have issued a call to challenge the curfew - tonight at 10.30pm, below the third coconut tree on Had Yang beach.

See you there, comrades.

• Like 2

There are no exceptions since the curfew is imposed nationwide/across the country etc

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is no exception to the law that meter taxis MUST use their meter.

It is the law.

All you do is take the number of the taxi and report it.

There are no exception to the law in Thailand

Except for one place in Thailand only . . .

Yep .... noticed that with Motor cycle helmets too.....whistling.gif .... it is the law to wear a helmet! blink.png

• Like 2

Well - 10:15 pm on the second day of the national/nationwide/everywhere/thismeansYOU curfew, and the day on which the Surat Thani Governor was told to get with the program . . .

Business as usual in Mae Nam.All bars/restaurants/noodle stalls open. (Well, all the ones on the ring road that I could see.)

The Thai teeny boppers live rock pub opposite Soi 1 banging full tilt. Road traffic as normal. (ie meter taxis with dead meters and no bike riders bothering with helmets! ohmy.png.pagespeed.ce.shABmucp9T.png )

Not a sign of life outside the police station.

No signs of the BIC anywhere, either. smiley-driving-jeep.gif

Remind me - what nation are we in again? whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

R

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

Hi All

Missed the coup date went to HK cause to bloody hot

How's the food water issue in Tesco elsewhere as back on the rock Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi All

Missed the coup date went to HK cause to bloody hot

How's the food water issue in Tesco elsewhere as back on the rock Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All normal. Ooops no Tonic Water.smile.png

• Like 1

Well - 10:15 pm on the second day of the national/nationwide/everywhere/thismeansYOU curfew, and the day on which the Surat Thani Governor was told to get with the program . . .

Business as usual in Mae Nam.All bars/restaurants/noodle stalls open. (Well, all the ones on the ring road that I could see.)

The Thai teeny boppers live rock pub opposite Soi 1 banging full tilt. Road traffic as normal. (ie meter taxis with dead meters and no bike riders bothering with helmets! ohmy.png.pagespeed.ce.shABmucp9T.png )

Remind me - what nation are we in again? whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

R

Better get to bed Rob S ... you have to be up at dawn with your hand bag...... tongue.png

BIB must still be stratagizing their next move on how to deal with the situation, not seen one all day..... whistling.gif

Some of the Maenam bars seemed a bit busier than usual when I drove by around 8 pm....

• Like 1

"But farangs by the tens of thousands will not be able to work." But they shouldn't be working anyway as they don't have work permits!

Well, sorry to burst your bubble Wayne, but I have had a WP for 12 years. Most of my neighbours who work on Samui also have a WP.

To be fair - they may not have a different WP for each job that they do but...... they do have at least one and they do pay taxes.

Where are all of these dodgy farangs?

edit - I am talking about Samui. Not Pattaya whistling.gif

Edited by Tropicalevo

R

Better get to bed Rob S ... you have to be up at dawn with your hand bag...... tongue.png

BIB must still be stratagizing their next move on how to deal with the situation, not seen one all day..... whistling.gif

Some of the Maenam bars seemed a bit busier than usual when I drove by around 8 pm....

Heh heh heh - that's cos all the local drunks now have an excuse to get out early! drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

R

"But farangs by the tens of thousands will not be able to work." But they shouldn't be working anyway as they don't have work permits!

Well, sorry to burst your bubble Wayne, but I have had a WP for 12 years. Most of my neighbours who work on Samui also have a WP.

To be fair - they may not have a different WP for each job that they do but...... they do have at least one and they do pay taxes.

Where are all of these dodgy farangs?

edit - I am talking about Samui. Not Pattaya whistling.gif

Maybe Wayne is just speaking from personal experience . . . .?whistling.gif

R

• Like 1

I don't know about any curfew, but I'm hearing LOUD LOUD music as if there's some kind of concert somewhere in Chaweng.

Yes there was an event on at Chaweng Lake. Quite a few stalls had been set up as well - but not much of a crowd there.

Looked like katoys in bikinis bopping away on the stage.

all 7 11 closed in kp also we had to close our noodle shop at 10 pm NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN IN K.PHANGAN . good night

sad.png

Who forced you to close your noodle shop?

The chief of police,but last night he just drove passed ,so we kept open till 1 am.But the night he told us to close we went in to Thongsala and all the Thai food places were open ..... See what shall happen tonight,all 7/11 and lady bars and bars were closed last night at 10 pm.

How do u know that???

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

How do u know that???

Know what C-big? Thousands wont be able to work, or thousands haven't got WPs?

(Dwayne been shot down on this one already.)

R

Edited by robsamui

What next....the Internet?

Oh no no no no no! Please!

Thai people will have no Facebook, get bored and go out on the streets - counterproductive.

(AH - but that requires forward thinking . . .)

But farangs by the tens of thousands will not be able to work.

If the BIC (boys in camo) want to gag the teeming insurrectional hordes, then take away their bloody silly little tweety phones. Close the phone networks.

Then cut the TV. (No phones and no TV = Thai nation up in arms - and this will distract from the internet thing.)

That way the real work in Thailand can continue, regardless of all the face-keeping and handbag swinging.

R

Is there a 24 hours counselling helpline for people effected by not having television

• Like 2

There are no exceptions since the curfew is imposed nationwide/across the country etc

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is no exception to the law that meter taxis MUST use their meter.

It is the law.

All you do is take the number of the taxi and report it.

There are no exception to the law in Thailand

Except for one place in Thailand only . . .

2 places. Phuket taxis don't use meters either.

Yeah right, prevent from gathering. Lots and lots of people coming out protesting against the coup anyway during the daytime.

There's a LOUD live concert going on from somewhere near Bangkok Hospital right now.

What next....the Internet?

Oh no no no no no! Please!

Thai people will have no Facebook, get bored and go out on the streets - counterproductive.

(AH - but that requires forward thinking . . .)

But farangs by the tens of thousands will not be able to work.

If the BIC (boys in camo) want to gag the teeming insurrectional hordes, then take away their bloody silly little tweety phones. Close the phone networks.

Then cut the TV. (No phones and no TV = Thai nation up in arms - and this will distract from the internet thing.)

That way the real work in Thailand can continue, regardless of all the face-keeping and handbag swinging.

R

Is there a 24 hours counselling helpline for people effected by not having television

Absolutely,and they teach them clumsy how to watch streaming video on the Websmile.png