Pattaya under Curfew as Military seize control of Thailand

Lite Beer

Pattaya under Curfew as Military seize control of Thailand

coup-1-230x200.jpg

PATTAYA: -- From 10pm on Thursday Night, Pattaya along with the rest of Thailand, experienced a Curfew which is in effect until 5am on Friday. The City is now in complete shutdown and those who stay out during the curfew risk a fine and/or imprisonment.

After a day of high drama in Bangkok which saw the Coup take place as the two opposing protest groups tried to come to a compromise, Pattaya joined the rest of Thailand in a Curfew which was imposed by the Thai Military who have taken over the role of Governing the Kingdom to “restore order and enact political reforms”.

Late Night entertainment venues in Pattaya, who have suffered in recent months due to the poor state of the Tourism Industry since the Political unrest began more than 6 months ago, closed-down before 10pm on Thursday and information Pattaya One has received from a Senior District Official, suggests the Curfew will remain in effect for at least another night, and possibly longer, although he stressed to us that this is subject to change.

Read More: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/129073/pattaya-under-curfew-as-military-seize-control-of-thailand/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-22

It is hard to imagine that Pattaya is a dead town.

It is bad for their businesses but I hope it will work out better for Thailand.

This time, they should make sure that the evil Thaksin clan won't have any chance to come back to screw Thailand again.

Thai people deserve peace and better life.

Makes little difference to Thai people who is in power. The only ones affected are the super rich who run and own the country

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This time, they should make sure that the evil Thaksin clan won't have any chance to come back to screw Thailand again.

Makes little difference to Thai people who is in power. The only ones affected are the super rich who run and own the country

You Are so wrong. It dose matter to the Thai people who is in Power. It effects there live Very much. Did you not see how many people come out to the streets because they where so fed up with the Corrupt Thaksin clan... Wake up...

In case you hadn't noticed, they also came out in protest against corruption in most other 'clans'.

The Bars are not doing well. This affects Issan directly. Of course the girls might give a discount and stay all night instead of a short time due to the curfew. All I know for sure is that it does not help the country at this time.

Edited by BlueSkyCowboy

Pattaya isn't all about bars and prostitution is it ? I was led to believe it was a world class family resort with amazing shopping malls and wonderful sandy beaches.

Curfew shouldn't affect those attributes, should it ?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You Are so wrong. It dose matter to the Thai people who is in Power. It effects there live Very much. Did you not see how many people come out to the streets because they where so fed up with the Corrupt Thaksin clan... Wake up...

Sorry I was asleep, do share your expert views on how it affects their life.

PS. They came on the streets because they were paid more than their daily wage.

The Bars are not doing well. This affects Issan directly. Of course the girls might give a discount and stay all night instead of a short time due to the curfew. All I know for sure is that it does not help the country at this time.

On the contrary, it has succeeded in fixing society and is a huge boon to Thailand!!!

the anti-government crowds were hardly impressive, just about enough people to fill a western soccer stadium……..and in reality most of those people were being paid to be there. As mentioned previously……the majority of people in thailand do not care who is in power, as long as the government does something for them.

so now the elected government are out, there will be an opportunity for the equally corrupt opposition to get back in for a while……unless the army just retain power for another 30 years like they did from the 1940's to 1970's then Thailand will continue to go round in political circles.

Soi 8 in Pattaya was in full party mode when I walked there tonight Friday night, time 2200-2215.

Some bars started to close down, most was still open, and a few bars was full of happy customers, and music on full volume.

No signs of closing down, after official curfew time 2200.

Drinking street opposite Soi 8, across 2nd road, was also doing good business at 22:15

I'll be fascinated to hear how the apologists will claim that the political turmoil isn't the death knell on Thai tourism.

Why should the current political turmoil have any more effect than any previous turmoil? From the economic crash of 97 through the coup of 2006, the airport take over and the floods of 2011 tourist arrivals seem to increase year on year.

Good graph below, apart from a couple of small dips the general trend is upward, the threat of SARS seemed to cause the biggest dent in 2003.

Not being an apologist, just stating the facts HD.thumbsup.gif

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism.asp

TourismStatisticsEnd2013.gif

Soi 8 in Pattaya was in full party mode when I walked there tonight Friday night, time 2200-2215.

Some bars started to close down, most was still open, and a few bars was full of happy customers, and music on full volume.

No signs of closing down, after official curfew time 2200.

Drinking street opposite Soi 8, across 2nd road, was also doing good business at 22:15

When did drinking street change locations ?

I'll be fascinated to hear how the apologists will claim that the political turmoil isn't the death knell on Thai tourism.

Why should the current political turmoil have any more effect than any previous turmoil? From the economic crash of 97 through the coup of 2006, the airport take over and the floods of 2011 tourist arrivals seem to increase year on year.

Good graph below, apart from a couple of small dips the general trend is upward, the threat of SARS seemed to cause the biggest dent in 2003.

Not being an apologist, just stating the facts HD.thumbsup.gif

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/tourism.asp

TourismStatisticsEnd2013.gif

I agree with the Facts , been staying in Patts for 3 months at a time since '85 with my wife and remember even coming through Utapao back when we had some unrest.

The Only reason I clamped this time was the Hand Grenades being thrown willy nilly in the streets of BKK.

Hope it is back to what is regarded as 'Normal' by November . Street Shootings,Prostitutes, Bar Girls,Brawls, Drug Dealing,Jet Ski Hire Scams, you know all the little things that sets Pattaya apart.

It is still Pattaya & I enjoy our time there,missed it but happy with our decision

coffee1.gif