Royal Thai Navy seize control of Pattaya Police Station

webfact

My god. For years myself and others have been saying that the Pattaya " police" force is an odious nest of vipers whose sole function is to strip money from people. Now apparently the military sees things the same way. Taking over the police station, and have the chief of police who probably paid 100 million baht for the position, on the run in Bangkok is simply funnier than hell. I never believed in karma before, but if things keep up this way I may start....

Karma is the way of Buddhists. And that should give you a clue as to the way Thai people think.

Karma is also a great way to keep poor people in line....... " Yes you have a really

crappy life now, but just bear with it, and after you die, you may come back as a

Bangkok elite driving a Ferrari "......

• Like 2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the hype and type there seems to be no validity to this story. As at this time, Police Inspectors are at their desks as on any other day ......

same as we got told when the story came in to everyone this morning. told not to run with it as it is a mis interpretation of events. seems military are assisting police at various large police stations nationwide. not taking control

Royal Thai Navy seize control of Pattaya Police Station? As if there weren't enough seamen in Pattaya already! wink.pngtongue.png

Seamen or semen
Yes, that is the intended pun exactly.

It's sad but some people need 'LOL' after a pun to realise it.

I thought that the two smilies at the end of my first post in this thread were enough a giveaway. wink.png

Whose going to pay for the Police station renovations and extension now the Police Chief has legged it?

Because there was nothing unusual about the Police Chief paying for it all with his own money,, nothing at all. I see no reason why he would want to run away.

"Please move along folks, nothing to see, no suspicious behavior and mysterious wealth going on here"!

And YOU don't see a problem with a Police Chief donating a few million, in "spare cash" out of his own pocket to pay for renovations?? What fantasy land are you living in?

• Like 1

This is an interesting development,

Indeed, for as those very few on ThaiVisa who are familiar with modern Thai history are aware, the Royal Thai Navy has not often been directly involved in such political machinations since the time when the RTN was involved in a certain failed revolution nearly a century ago, resulting in the RTN being somewhat ostracized from the power structure.

For all the hype and type there seems to be no validity to this story. As at this time, Police Inspectors are at their desks as on any other day ......

the navy was certainly there around 12 last night

Were you there?

jb1

across the road, about 20 fully armed guys jumped out of a truck and a couple of hummer type vehicles and quickly surrounded the building

Went by the station at 8pm and did not see any military..

I have worked extensively with the Thai Army, Air Force and Navy (Marines) off and on since 1999.

The Marines are FAR and AWAY more professional than the Army (they actually take their jobs seriously), so there might actually be some hope here.

Many of them (Marines) have done tours with the UN to Sudan & almost every one of them have done a tour in Southern Thailand.

I always see them taking their jobs quite seriously. Every Army base I've been to, well, they are all sitting around picking their noses.

Oh yeah, somebody mentioned seeing Humvee's (HMMWV - High Mobility Multi-purpose Vehicle)......The Navy doesn't have any of those trucks. The Marines have about 75 of them though & every one of them is in top condition.

I enjoyed working with the Marines because they actually give a hoot about their jobs.

Yes, that is the intended pun exactly.

It's sad but some people need 'LOL' after a pun to realise it.

I thought that the two smilies at the end of my first post in this thread were enough a giveaway. wink.png

Surely you realize this is Thai Visa where subtlety and sarcasm (not to mention reality) are alien concepts.

Missed-Target.jpg

Maybe now is the right time to rent jet skis. If they ask me to pay for any damages I will be more than happy to call in the military tanks and then we'll see who's the boss.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo
  • Like 2

Karma is also a great way to keep poor people in line....... " Yes you have a really

crappy life now, but just bear with it, and after you die, you may come back as a

sorry to break your world, but here for some people money does not mean everything in life.

I have worked extensively with the Thai Army, Air Force and Navy (Marines) off and on since 1999.

The Marines are FAR and AWAY more professional than the Army (they actually take their jobs seriously), so there might actually be some hope here.

Many of them (Marines) have done tours with the UN to Sudan & almost every one of them have done a tour in Southern Thailand.

I always see them taking their jobs quite seriously. Every Army base I've been to, well, they are all sitting around picking their noses.

Oh yeah, somebody mentioned seeing Humvee's (HMMWV - High Mobility Multi-purpose Vehicle)......The Navy doesn't have any of those trucks. The Marines have about 75 of them though & every one of them is in top condition.

I enjoyed working with the Marines because they actually give a hoot about their jobs.

I hope your observations about the Marines are right - being an ex-serviceman (farang) it is good that there are some professionals within their Armed Forces.

They are still controlled and responsible to the Army Chief, Prayuth.

I wonder if Prayuth has the will and determination to shake up the Police Force and get rid of their rampant corruption? Time will tell and one can only hope.

Why are the picking on Pattaya? They must be jealous of everyone who gets to live there.

Nothing surprising about the RTN tacking over at Sio9, the RTN has under taken a lot of law enforcement down at Sattihip, and some times been involved in operations in the Pattaya area too when the boys at Soi 9 seemed unable or unwilling to deal with certain criminals.

Edited by Basil B

I repeat, the Thai Navy secured the station for while rather than took it over as did the Army in other areas where potential trouble was likely. The station continues to be run by the Thai police.

and with the same Police Chief? and portraits of Thaksin still up?

Edited by slygeeza

i wonder whether the people in those small little towns in nowhere will deal with the "no going outside after 10 PM" or havei lao khao with the whole family.

Got back home last night at 23:30 from a private party here on Koh Phangan drunk.gif

We did drive in a "convoy" with two cars and an other four motor bikes. From what I saw, no one in sight, not

even ​a dog. Not a single police or army check-point and even if there would have been one, I probably would

have had to pay 200 THB for driving without helmet and maybe other 200 THB for driving whilst intoxicated ;-)

I must admit, it was a bit creepy driving in a foreign country under curfew and I did switch my lights off a couple

of times on the way. Not something I feel I want to do every night (not good for my liver saai.gif or my nerves goof.gif ).

As a friend of mine mentioned, it's strange how those freedom loving Thais who don't let themselves be told

anything from anyone and are daily driving around without helmets or seat belts, running over red lights

right under the nose of the police, now sit at home scared shit from this invisible military might.wink.png

I repeat, the Thai Navy secured the station for while rather than took it over as did the Army in other areas where potential trouble was likely. The station continues to be run by the Thai police.

That is all outside of the main topic but I personally have never seen such portraits there in any main public areas and know of no transfers.

That is all outside of the main topic but I personally have never seen such portraits there in any main public areas and know of no transfers.

thanks, a well known journalist on another site I probably cant mention here noted that most of the police stations hes been in recently including Pattaya have portraits of Thaksin in them

I my humble opinion, this whole thread is misleading and rumour mongering at its worst. It confuses everyone and does nothing to quell any panic. The originator of the thread should really try harder to understand what might have been said in Thai about the Navy marines presence that night or stop re-writing what was given to him as translation. (I say this having seen the original Thai release.)

• Like 2

sorry to break your world, but here for some people money does not mean everything in life.

Uhhhh it was a metaphor....... The concept is simply that of a better life. So that

perhaps could include owning a Ferrari, or maybe if you own three pigs in this life,

perhaps in the next life you will own four pigs... And as far as you making a statement

that money does not mean much to some people in Thailand, you either showed

up on a jet yesterday or you live in a bubble. In my extensive travels around the world,

I have never seen such obsession with money, and how cheap morality is here.

Uhhhh it was a metaphor....... The concept is simply that of a better life. So that

perhaps could include owning a Ferrari, or maybe if you own three pigs in this life,

perhaps in the next life you will own four pigs... And as far as you making a statement

that money does not mean much to some people in Thailand, you either showed

up on a jet yesterday or you live in a bubble. In my extensive travels around the world,

I have never seen such obsession with money, and how cheap morality is here.

may be because you contact with some special type of people here?

same as we got told when the story came in to everyone this morning. told not to run with it as it is a mis interpretation of events. seems military are assisting police at various large police stations nationwide. not taking control

Ah now I understand. The same as the Army were not staging a coup.

Chris