International alarm mounts over Thai coup

webfact

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's Oak, but you get me every time with your oh so funny play on letters Oak - Oaf cheesy.gif

You speaking for all TV, when you say I'm annoying you? Get used to it, all the time you post rubbish, I'm going to pick you up on it.

Obviously the junta are getting twitchy about what the sites are used for. Next stop Twitter? - that will get the journalists attention, as if they weren't paying attention.

I doubt it as FB is open.

Apparently a technical glitch according to an army spokesman.............................

• Like 1

Try reading the news, flabby. You might learn something.

The BP posted a list of 6 of the still AWOL, including the scummy terrorists Arisaman and Payap.

Now, shaddap.

Will I learn the names of all 51 red shirts that you say are the most violent and why? I don't think so. And you're not going to tell me as it is only your half baked opinion with no facts to back it up, so bit of a pointless post really.

By the way the names Fab4, use it. I will not "shaddap" as you have it. I know you're new here but you have read the forum rules haven't you?

You're a rather tiresome one, aren't you?

The 6 names given by Bangkok Post are all some of the most violent, eg. Arisaman, Payap, Shinwat, of the Red Shirts.

Ergo, the statement posted:

"The 53 at large represent some of the most violent red shirts"

that started your hissy fit is both accurate and factual.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

I like tangible information, you know, facts , I can understand tangibles. Opinions, ten a penny........................

"International Alarm" is crazy....

Appreciate what you have, especially with curfew starting to lift.

If we were in any Middle East Country, the thought police would have rounded up and jailed/deported most of the commentators on TV already! And that's just in places where there has been no coup....

Having decided to do something, the General has gone about it in a logical, measured and non-blood thirsty way. Good on him and long may it continue...

• Like 1

"International Alarm" is crazy....

Appreciate what you have, especially with curfew starting to lift.

If we were in any Middle East Country, the thought police would have rounded up and jailed/deported most of the commentators on TV already! And that's just in places where there has been no coup....

Having decided to do something, the General has gone about it in a logical, measured and non-blood thirsty way. Good on him and long may it continue...

I mean TVF.....no the telly

Just read a blunt Financial Times leader of yesterday which spells it out. (You know, the FT - that wild eyed, ignorant, irresponsible newspaper prone to promoting chaos and criminality. Who anywhere in the world would take any notice its leaders?)

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/804d7ebc-e59f-11e3-a7f5-00144feabdc0.html#axzz330vg34dh

Edited by triffid

There is a new twist to the story about the PA messages from the army at Victory Monument mentioned earlier in the thread. The authorities now maintain that the person berating the foreign media was an 'imposter'.

http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1401264282&section=00

Where's Colonel Sansern when you need him - oh, he was promoted wasn't he after 2010. Services to the media or something, now he's a major general and he certainly wasn't an imposter.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Just read a blunt Financial Times leader of yesterday which spells it out. (You know, the FT - that wild eyed, ignorant, irresponsible newspaper prone to promoting chaos and criminality. Who anywhere in the world would take any notice its leaders?)

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/804d7ebc-e59f-11e3-a7f5-00144feabdc0.html#axzz330vg34dh

Nothing personal, but I really dislike to get a pointer to an article and then need to register first before I can even see some of it.

• Like 1

Try reading the news, flabby. You might learn something.

The BP posted a list of 6 of the still AWOL, including the scummy terrorists Arisaman and Payap.

Now, shaddap.

Will I learn the names of all 51 red shirts that you say are the most violent and why? I don't think so. And you're not going to tell me as it is only your half baked opinion with no facts to back it up, so bit of a pointless post really.

By the way the names Fab4, use it. I will not "shaddap" as you have it. I know you're new here but you have read the forum rules haven't you?

Fab4, the guy that is posting under a new name after he was banned, is threatening people with forum rules.

What a guy you are!

• Like 2

Nothing personal, but I really dislike to get a pointer to an article and then need to register first before I can even see some of it.

No FT ? no comment...

• Like 1

Arisman, storming the ASEAN venue in 2009, talking about burning things in 2010, fleeing to Cambodia, saying he wouldn't feel safe with the previous government, set conditions to come back.

It would seem both Ms. Thida and Dr. weng are also still detained with tomorrow their seventh day.

Anyway the international community is very concerned some have it. Personally I don't mind doing without shoutcasts from UDD leaders.

Yes the international community are very concerned. The Myanmmar Journalists Network and the Myanmmar Journalists Association have issued statements calling for the release of journalists detained by the army and to practice freedom of the press

That should tell even you something.

Found in Thailand Live Wednesday:

"Prime Minister Hun Sen said on Tuesday his government will work with the Thai junta that came to power in a coup last week, and quashed speculation that the ousted Shinawatra clan may be allowed to set up a government in exile in Cambodia."

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/hun-sen-ends-exile-govt-talk/

Not sure what that should tell you

Nothing at all - you really don't get it do you. Facebook has been blocked now as well.

Feel sorry for you fab4. You are really getting desperate to the stage of making a fool out of yourself.

It seems that your heroes, the red shirts and the Shins, are already trying to reconcile and move the country forward when you are still trying to pull it backwards.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

There is little risk to investing in Thailand despite last week's military coup, the head of Japan's carmaking sector said Tuesday, as vehicle production returns to normal in the politically divided kingdom.

https://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/little-risk-thailand-business-despite-coup-japan-auto-185335855.html

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

Thailand's political chaos has severely damaged the country's economy and social order and led to casualties. At least, the coup has brought back peace temporarily. It is not the military's seizure of power, but a compulsory end to the domestic political turmoil.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/862154.shtml

AIA aims to make Kingdom its biggest market, group CEO says

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/AIA-aims-to-make-Kingdom-its-biggest-market-group--30234873.html

I could give many more examples but I guess I have made a point.

Edited by Nickymaster

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Arisman, storming the ASEAN venue in 2009, talking about burning things in 2010, fleeing to Cambodia, saying he wouldn't feel safe with the previous government, set conditions to come back.

It would seem both Ms. Thida and Dr. weng are also still detained with tomorrow their seventh day.

Anyway the international community is very concerned some have it. Personally I don't mind doing without shoutcasts from UDD leaders.

Yes the international community are very concerned. The Myanmmar Journalists Network and the Myanmmar Journalists Association have issued statements calling for the release of journalists detained by the army and to practice freedom of the press

"Prime Minister Hun Sen said on Tuesday his government will work with the Thai junta that came to power in a coup last week, and quashed speculation that the ousted Shinawatra clan may be allowed to set up a government in exile in Cambodia."

Nothing at all - you really don't get it do you. Facebook has been blocked now as well.

Well let's play your game of demanding proof.

Various reports seem to indicate the fb was down for 30 mnutes, was not blocked, and the NCPO has stated that it was not involved.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Various reports seem to indicate the fb was down for 30 mnutes, was not blocked, and the NCPO has stated that it was not involved.

Yeah. I also don't know where he got that information from because FB was never blocked according to the info I have read.

maybe Fab4 is a rumormonger?

• Like 1

So it seems that most of the people posting on this site love military dictatorship.

Unbelievable!

It seems that people come to Thailand and then lose all their values - if they had any to begin with.

Or they appreciate the stability it has brought. Any rpg been launched lately?

Maybe they just aren't fooled by the so called democratic governments of Thaksin. Under his leadership there was rampant corruption and violations of human rights. A democratically elected government is not automatically a good government. Some of the very worst leaders in the world can claim to be democratically elected. If you spend any time in Thailand you would know that it is foolish to force your values on the Thai people.

"Under his (Thaiksin's) leadership..."? Are you that ignorant of the history of Thailand or are you attempting to rewrite history? Thailand was at least as corrupt before Thaksin as it has been since he was first elected. Also, what makes you think the military will make fighting a corruption a priority? Do you think they have a squeaky clean reputation?

What amazes and disturbs me most is the attitude of many people that any kind of government is better than a democracy they don't like. They actually think a military dictatorship is a good idea.

Nobody would deny that corruption was well installed before the paymaster entered politics.

Nobody with any morals would deny that he ramped it up to new heights, much of it quite open and with no conscience, plus serious intimidation of any journalists who tried to report the details.

But hey you don't mention any the other factors involved: human rights abuses, massive rice scam, abuse of power, attempts to pass unethical bills to white wash / amnesty the paymasters legitimate conviction and give amnesty to all people (some 2,500) on corruption charges at 3.00 am n the morning when the country is sleeping, and ...................................................................

• Like 2

Thai Ambassador to Indonesia Paskorn Siriyaphan said that the military power seizure in Thailand might be wrong in principle but it is morally right.

That is what every country should be saying. IMO

he was absolutely on spot, even many red shirts were longing for this to happen.

Feeling is the language of the soul.

It could have gone wrong. Fortunately, Gen Prayuth is acting without fear, but with unconditional love. He really wants the things get done that need to be done.

For me this experience is like a sermon, a real one, including cause and effect.

Of course the international alarm is based on fear. They are more afraid that someone will rise in their ranks to bring about the same for good reasons.

Now, you can prosper as your soul prospers ...

Edited by wealth
  • Like 2

Or they appreciate the stability it has brought. Any rpg been launched lately?

Maybe they just aren't fooled by the so called democratic governments of Thaksin. Under his leadership there was rampant corruption and violations of human rights. A democratically elected government is not automatically a good government. Some of the very worst leaders in the world can claim to be democratically elected. If you spend any time in Thailand you would know that it is foolish to force your values on the Thai people.
"Under his (Thaiksin's) leadership..."? Are you that ignorant of the history of Thailand or are you attempting to rewrite history? Thailand was at least as corrupt before Thaksin as it has been since he was first elected. Also, what makes you think the military will make fighting a corruption a priority? Do you think they have a squeaky clean reputation?

What amazes and disturbs me most is the attitude of many people that any kind of government is better than a democracy they don't like. They actually think a military dictatorship is a good idea.

Nobody would deny that corruption was well installed before the paymaster entered politics.

Nobody with any morals would deny that he ramped it up to new heights, much of it quite open and with no conscience, plus serious intimidation of any journalists who tried to report the details.

But hey you don't mention any the other factors involved: human rights abuses, massive rice scam, abuse of power, attempts to pass unethical bills to white wash / amnesty the paymasters legitimate conviction and give amnesty to all people (some 2,500) on corruption charges at 3.00 am n the morning when the country is sleeping, and ...................................................................

Correct.

And if you would mention about Thaksin's corruption back in the days, he would sue you for 500 million THB..

Thaksin had sought compensation of Bt500 million plus interest, starting from the day the suit was filed and continuing until the judgement.

The Court ruled that Jurin Laksanavisit's speech on June 6, 2004 at Chiang Mai University that covered Thaksin's corruption, was based on information and facts. It was given after a censure debate and intended to criticise and examine Thaksin, who was government leader at the time.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Defamation-suit-against-Jurin-Laksanavisit-dismiss-30234286.html

Well let's play the game of reading the thread in context and with regard to timing. You will find that after I had written that post Facebook was reinstated and I mentioned that in a later reply, but you couldn't help yourself could you.

The Army spokesman said the NCPO were not involved. Army spokesmen say lots of things, up to you as to whether you believe them.

• Like 1

fab4 post # 235.

The Army spokesman said the NCPO were not involved. Army spokesmen say lots of things, up to you as to whether you believe them

Exactly the same M.O. as the P.T.P. and your posts fab4

• Like 2

Yeah. I also don't know where he got that information from because FB was never blocked according to the info I have read.

Perhaps you could post the relevant rules about rumour mongering - it's a popular technique for certain posters.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't try and use me as a subject of your confrontational posts particularly in light of overwhelming evidence to the contrary

fab4 post # 235.

The Army spokesman said the NCPO were not involved. Army spokesmen say lots of things, up to you as to whether you believe them

Exactly the same M.O. as the P.T.P. and your posts fab4

Don't edit my posts. Comment on the post not the poster. Understand?

Reuters: Most Thais support military coup

I think Reuters trumps the Myanmmar Journalists Network and the Myanmmar Journalists Association

After having Andrew MacGregor Marshall as Bangkok bureau head they have a lot of catch up to do with the Generals if they are to stay in the Kingdom.

Perhaps you could post the relevant rules about rumour mongering - it's a popular technique for certain posters.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't try and use me as a subject of your confrontational posts particularly in light of overwhelming evidence to the contrary

You probably just missed it., but some topics have this as post #2

"For the time being we will have a zero tolerance policy towards:

- Abusive behaviour towards others.

- Rumour mongering, speculation, or other inflammatory posts.

- Political lobbying or propaganda of any kind.

- Abusing the report system.

Posts in violation will be deleted without comment and posting rights removed."

Also a pinned topic:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/727616-zero-tolerance-for-disruptive-behaviour-during-the-present-crisis/