International alarm mounts over Thai coup

webfact

And are doing a much better job of it than the previous administration. I am sure they do not want to be in the politics business and will return Thailand to civilian rule as they have always done. But if they have to find the proverbial ten righteous people amongst the Thai politicians, it could be a long wait.

Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”

He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”

Honeymoon periods always seem like that.

It all depends - some honeymoon periods can last for decades and decades. Some people get luckier than others. Some respectable fortune tellers say Thailand's fortune is finally about to take a turn for the better. wink.png

Edited by Mackie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And are doing a much better job of it than the previous administration. I am sure they do not want to be in the politics business and will return Thailand to civilian rule as they have always done. But if they have to find the proverbial ten righteous people amongst the Thai politicians, it could be a long wait.

Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”

He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”

Honeymoon periods always seem like that.

It all depends - some honeymoon periods can last for decades and decades. Some people get luckier than others. Some respectable fortune tellers say Thailand's fortune is finally about to take the turn for better. wink.png

indeed they do mackie, indeed they do, I dont believe in fortune cookies or mumbo jumbo though.

PS whats the divorce rate these days :P

There is of course the option for those who came to Thailand for what they saw and then they wanted to change it to what they wanted but the military and the population in general changed to what the Thai people want.

There are it seems regular airline routes, land transport routes and maritime route departures to more politically hospitable climes for you to avail yourselves of.

There is of course the option for those who came to Thailand for what they saw and then they wanted to change it to what they wanted but the military and the population in general changed to what the Thai people want.

There are it seems regular airline routes, land transport routes and maritime route departures to more politically hospitable climes for you to avail yourselves of.

So why aren't you in Zimbabwe then - if you like it here you'll love it there. clap2.gif

• Like 1

Are you referring to the ethnic Chinese who migrated here centuries ago? Why would they want to leave now?

I read in the BP that the anti coup protesters have now adopted the three fingered sign from the movie

the hunger games which is perceived as a way of communication amongst the resistance.

The protesters using the French trinity of liberty equality ,fraternity are now facing arrest by the army if they are seen giving the three fingered salute .

Due to the restrictions on the forum I will resist giving my opinion which may lead to a holiday!

All I can say is May the 4th!

May the fourth be with you!!!

So why aren't you in Zimbabwe then - if you like it here you'll love it there. clap2.gif

Zimbabwe is democracy in action, Thaksin style. Mugabe holds absolute power by controlling democratic elections with wide support from the rural poor. Perhaps hardcore red would love it there but doubt many Thai would enjoy it.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

Zimbabwe is a bit tame, I think he would prefer Somalia.

• Like 1

You seem to know Mugabi Land very well, Had he had his way here would have been Thaksin Land. Run on the same lines.

You should know that, you said " you'll love it there "

• Like 1

I read in the BP that the anti coup protesters have now adopted the three fingered sign from the movie

the hunger games which is perceived as a way of communication amongst the resistance.

The protesters using the French trinity of liberty equality ,fraternity are now facing arrest by the army if they are seen giving the three fingered salute .

Due to the restrictions on the forum I will resist giving my opinion which may lead to a holiday!

All I can say is May the 4th!

May the fourth be with you!!!

The only resistance now seems to be coming from the Pro EX gov farrangs. and a few reds in disguise in BKK shouting at the army.

Most others including Thais are getting on with the much needed reforms/cleaning up/rounding up, prior to greater stability and transparency. Coup is a word that can easily be used in many different forms -I look at this as proper caretaking, after all someone HAD to do it. couldn't leave it up to the red army--or Sutheps fascists ----Ha.

All we heard from you for months was Elections-for democracycheesy.gif

Pol Lt-General Detnarong Suthichanbancha of Provincial Police Region 4 Khon Kean said the 279 teams led intelligence and sting operations before laying siege to 500 areas and 2,700 illegal entertainment venues. Some 3,413 suspects were rounded up and slapped with charges ranging from gambling, drug trafficking, prostitution and the illegal possession of arms.

Of those arrested, 382 were charged with illegally possessing arms and 407 guns, 1,028 bullets and seven grenades were seized from them.

source The Nation

All well and good but will we see all regions so thoroughly targeted ?

Yes, we already have. Look around the news to see all around Thailand is being targeted, eg. Trat, Chonburi, Songkla, etc.

Ginny the point I was making was suppression!

But do carry on....

Sorry but your suppression is minute compared to obsession for personal gain, suffocation of Thailand, strangulation, by the PTP.

I like freedom as most do but to attain it you have to tighten up the lax of governing in the past 3 years, it had to come in some form or another--far better than hand to hand fighting on the streets of BKK.

NO OTHER BODY could do this for Thailand, have to welcome what we have for the time being.

I like your easier attitude to the topics though compared to months of PTP posting.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Pol Lt-General Detnarong Suthichanbancha of Provincial Police Region 4 Khon Kean said the 279 teams led intelligence and sting operations before laying siege to 500 areas and 2,700 illegal entertainment venues. Some 3,413 suspects were rounded up and slapped with charges ranging from

Of those arrested, 382 were charged with illegally possessing arms and 407 guns, 1,028 bullets and seven grenades were seized from them.

source The Nation

Yes, we already have. Look around the news to see all around Thailand is being targeted, eg. Trat, Chonburi, Songkla, etc.

Really ? I havnt heard of thousands being charged anywhere else ranging from gambling, drug trafficking, prostitution and the illegal possession of arms. Just a few caches of weaponry.

​Please provide links or details to a similar blanket operation as in region 4

Pol Lt-General Detnarong Suthichanbancha of Provincial Police Region 4 Khon Kean said the 279 teams led intelligence and sting operations before laying siege to 500 areas and 2,700 illegal entertainment venues. Some 3,413 suspects were rounded up and slapped with charges ranging from

source The Nation

Really ? I havnt heard of thousands being charged anywhere else ranging from gambling, drug trafficking, prostitution and the illegal possession of arms. Just a few caches of weaponry.

Take his word or look yourself---I did.

source The Nation

There have been a number of crackdowns on the illegal lottery in Isaan, which have been the first aspect of the coup to really piss off the locals!

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

source The Nation

There aren't "thousands" being charged anywhere, including Khon Kaen.

I mistook your concerns about there being equal efforts to locate illegal weapons, such as the assault weapons in Trat or the rocket-propelled grenades in Chonburi. Naturally, I thought your main interest was getting these devastating instruments of death and destruction taken off the streets.

Now I see I was wrong and what you really want to make sure is that other areas are having street walkers taken off the street. Sorry, I can't help you with that information from other locations.

Publicus post # 864

It is best not to reply to a post such as this.

The truth is always hard to destroy isn't it,

P.T.P. are shown for what they were and in truth still are, nothing more nothing less, the sponsors of domestic terrorism manipulation of the law and rampant nepotism, corruption.

• Like 1

There aren't "thousands" being charged anywhere, including Khon Kaen.

I mistook your concerns about there being equal efforts to locate illegal weapons, such as the assault weapons in Trat or the rocket-propelled grenades in Chonburi. Naturally, I thought your main interest was getting these devastating instruments of death and destruction taken off the streets.

Now I see I was wrong and what you really want to make sure is that other areas are having street walkers taken off the street. Sorry, I can't help you with that information from other locations.

Like I said, I don't normally follow the news about hookers that you seek, but I did come across an apparent in-the-field ground report by a red shirt apologist in another thread that could help your search about street walkers getting arrested in areas other than Khon Kaen. Hope this helps you.

Big crackdown around Bangkok. Raiding Bars/Entertainment venues and actually charging people with prostitution. The Military are serious and will have a few bars girls looking for cover.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/731202-weapons-caches-seized-in-chon-buri-songkhla/#entry7920633

Edited by Luger2
  • Like 2

PTP choosed, at best, to turn a blind eye while their supporters carried out a campaign of terrorism against those that opposed them. Yes, the coup is a result of PTPs actions.

If that would have been left to go on, plus the calls for secession and civil war, the headline would be "International alarm mounts over Thai civil war". I much rather prefer the current headline, warts and all.

I suspect the talk about secession isn't quite over.

Investigators might be curious to know what the government did to stop it.

There has been a civil war ongoing in the South for the past 10 years, so to state that the country was close to civil war is an injustice to those innocents who have lost their lives through this war, you can't be "close" to a civil war when you're already engaged in one!!

And that campaign has gone well hasn't it.

The cynic in me wonders how many of the multiple rows of medals worn by the junta are for tours (of duty) "down south"?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Publicus post # 864

P.T.P. are shown for what they were and in truth still are, nothing more nothing less, the sponsors of domestic terrorism manipulation of the law and rampant nepotism, corruption.

laugh.png

Publicus post # 864

laugh.png

Fancy laughing at the truth, Song---Roy Orbison. " It's Over"

• Like 1

"international alarm mounts"

2014-06-03 12:00 SET at midday 1,451.41

So it's all about share prices, if only I had known.

You strike me as the kind of person who know's the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

"international alarm mounts"

2014-06-03 12:00 SET at midday 1,451.41

So it's all about share prices, if only I had known.

You strike me as the kind of person who know's the price of everything but the value of nothing.

How one can err basing assumptions on wishful thinking and somesuch and phrased in a barely hidden insult.

Anyway, Months ago we have some posters suggest that because of 'Suthep and his mob' backed by 'yellow Amart elite' the SET drastically dropped with mostly Foreigners being alarmed leaving the country on it's own. Now with Internaltional alarm growing according to some the SET has risen as if to show price and value of that alarm.

• Like 2