Curfew question : my event ends after 23:00. Am I safe?

jackvale

Are foreigners exempt from the curfew?

The mind boggles. Dual pricing has morphed into dual curfewing. Thais kept off the streets while farang have the run of the place.

gallery1_b1.jpg

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

If it's a local boxing match, do you really think events like this are exempt?

Why would foreigners be exempt from the curfew?

Are the ticket holders all farang, would this be any reason why the coup leaders would give this specific event an exemption?

If farang hold a small proportion of the tickets or a large proportion of the tickets would the organizers risk getting themselves and the boxing staff / other staff into some deep trouble by extending a boxing match past 22:00?

Do you think there is a coup department which spends time on such matters?

Do you really thinks Thai citizens would tolerate a situation where they are under curfew but foreigners are not? Plus if foreigners were able to be out late / no curfew then entertainment venues & restaurants would need to be open - do you really imagine that entertainment venues / restaurants are exempt from the curfew just in a case a farang might walk in?

Interesting reply. The poster asked a simple question, which seems to have been answered with condescending questions.

It reads more like an accusatory scolding than the sharing, of what could have been, a simple answer to a simple question.

I am not in charge and am not any better than anyone else.

Think, Think, Think

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 1

A curfew is a curfew the only people who would be exempt are those who are involved in life or death issues hospitals, ambulances fire service ,police and the military and as there is no TV on air I would expect that 9 months down the road the maternity wards will be in crisis !!

• Like 1