Are They Taking The *!*!? Please Help.

harrisonaviator

Hello Everyone.

I have been seeing my Thai girlfriend now for 1 year and 6 months but have problems with her family and money. Whenever there is a problem concerning cash with the family it is allways me that gets presented with the bill.

Here are some instances of money I have paid-

Brothers Motorbike accident-3,000B.

Brothers Baby sick-2,000B

Sister cant pay rent-1,000B and so on...

Also whenever her mum is ill I pay for everything,everytime with no help from no one(she has 8 brothers and sisters) and give money every month for her mum and dad.

My question is to you guys out there with thai girlfriends is "Is this normal?" I think they are taking the piss. Me and my g/f have had blazing rows about this where I complain and talk I dont have the money to keep doing this and sometimes she calls me "Black heart" and stingy but other times agrees with me and says I know family me no good.

I know her family quite well now and thought once I get to know them better they might help me out with paying bills but nothing has changed.

I just wondered what you guys thought. I think I am being taken advantage of and sick of it but if this is actually how Thailand is please let me know.

Thanks

P.s- Her mum wants us to marry and has set a dowry price of 200,000B, 60,000B more for gold and 50,000 for the rception. My g/f is 30 years old and although has no kids and has never married is certainly not a virgin. I think this is unreasonable too.

What do you think- Should i stay or run????

I think they are taking the piss.

Oh, I think that somebody is definitely taking the piss here.

My advice: run and hide under the nearest bridge you can find... :o

Hello Everyone.

I have been seeing my Thai girlfriend now for 1 year and 6 months but have problems with her family and money. Whenever there is a problem concerning cash with the family it is allways me that gets presented with the bill.

Here are some instances of money I have paid-

Brothers Motorbike accident-3,000B.

Brothers Baby sick-2,000B

Sister cant pay rent-1,000B and so on...

Also whenever her mum is ill I pay for everything,everytime with no help from no one(she has 8 brothers and sisters) and give money every month for her mum and dad.

My question is to you guys out there with thai girlfriends is "Is this normal?" I think they are taking the piss. Me and my g/f have had blazing rows about this where I complain and talk I dont have the money to keep doing this and sometimes she calls me "Black heart" and stingy but other times agrees with me and says I know family me no good.

I know her family quite well now and thought once I get to know them better they might help me out with paying bills but nothing has changed.

I just wondered what you guys thought. I think I am being taken advantage of and sick of it but if this is actually how Thailand is please let me know.

Thanks

P.s- Her mum wants us to marry and has set a dowry price of 200,000B, 60,000B more for gold and 50,000 for the rception. My g/f is 30 years old and although has no kids and has never married is certainly not a virgin. I think this is unreasonable too.

Dowry depends very much on social status end educational standard. But judging from the amounts of money they ask you to pay, i would say asking for that amount of dowry is living in dreamland. And yes, the other members of the family are supposed to chip in when there is an emergency.

It's the old problem - your girlfriend is caught between you and her family's demands. If she can't manage to tell her family off, and protect you against unjustified demands, then this will most definately not change, and neither will the attitude of her family.

Question though is how much are you willing to accept in order to keep her with you. Hmmm...

You have received excellent advice above (except , no matter how good she is in the sack

the rest of the situation makes her eminently replacable).

The only further suggestion , if you don't want to run , is a dignified walk.

Good luck with the next lady.

:o

Thanks for the serious replys on the board.

This is the problem with Thai girls isn't it. They have such a loyalty to their famlies that even when they know their familes are in the wrong they still wont admit it.

I love my girl but what can I do? If she will not tell her family I will not pay any more and stick up for me I will end up worse off than her family!

I was hoping you would say that.

If your living in an apaertment in BKK then how are you posting from an IP address reagistered to AOL.com in America.

Thaivisa.com doesn't tolerate trolling. You would have know that if you read the rules.

Bye Bye

Thanks for the serious replys on the board.

This is the problem with Thai girls isn't it. They have such a loyalty to their famlies that even when they know their familes are in the wrong they still wont admit it.

I love my girl but what can I do? If she will not tell her family I will not pay any more and stick up for me I will end up worse off than her family!

tell her your money is finish and try to borrow from her :o

I never got asked for 1 baht. Actually whenever possible the people pay for me. In the restaurant they wait till I go to toilett and pay quick so I can not pay, because already paid and so on.

So there are good people as well, but your people think they found a walking ATM.

If you are 70 and ugly and your girlfriend is 20, than it might be fair because she just do it for money, a kind of long term prostitute. But if you are arround the same age and look normal than think that other mothers also have pretty daughters and leave her.

I will raise it with admin. Personally I think there have been too many of these "thai people are trying to scam me" threads & they all stink of troll. This subject has been covered about 1 billion times. Do a search on the forum but I beleive you know what you need to do. Cut off the bank of farang.