Cooler weather places in May/June

PT100

Hi folks,

I am traveling around a bit in southeast Asia. I'm in Vientiane right now but I'll be meeting a friend in Malaysia next month. I'll be in Thailand for a few weeks (plan on entering once the Nong Khai border opens).

It's so hot right now. Are there any mountain areas I can go, a town in a mountain area, where I can go and chill out for a couple weeks? I was in Phonsavan in Laos, which was pretty nice. Quite a bit cooler. I plan on going to Cameron Highlands when I get down into Malaysia. I was wondering if you guys knew of any place in Thailand. I've been searching online but can't seem to find anything that isn't 'very hot' and 'very humid' at the moment. I just don't enjoy being outside when the heat is so extreme.

Thanks,

Jon

Cameron highlands is great,i have not been there since 1989,so a lot will have changed,but it was wonderfull weather,,i was there in october i think,was very, wet,but still cool,maybe 23c in daytime, and all the old colonial buildings,marvelous,now i sit in 38c temps every day on the sweltering plains of Petchabun,oh, how i wish i was some where like that,if you have not been before a must,great walking through the jungle too.

Well thanks for the suggestions people. I'm trying to find some place that's got more of a wider range of accomodation, as I'm on a low budget trip. It doesn't look like there are many options in Thailand.... If I can't find something that's reasonably cooler, I may just take the sleeper train all the way from Nong Khai to Butterworth and then just go to Cameron Highlands from there and cool out for a while. Also, considering what's going on in Thailand and the uncertainty of everything, maybe I don't want to spend too much time there right now anyway.

If anyone has any other ideas please join in!

Thanks,

Jon