Junta wants sweeping reforms before election

Lite Beer

I personally wouldn't wish any business to falter due to the current ongoing situation.

Business is an ecology. The more capable consume the less capable. The inability (or unwillingness) to react to change often culls. The passing of one business is an opportunity for another to prosper.

I suppose if anything saddens me about the current situation it is that it could have been avoided had PTP & UDD negotiated in good faith.

On a positive note, reforms and elections are sure to come much quicker.

Nobody wants businesses to falter, but I think this is a quicker solution as endless protests and counter protests.

I do hope the reforms are fair and really do curb corruption and power misuse of whoever is in power, that includes the democrats.

I have said it time and again, remove the money from politics (as much as possible) and Taksin is no longer a problem and other crooks are also not a problem as its not profitable to be politician. For that to happen we need strong anti corruption and strong anti nepotism laws that are enforced strict and even. Now politicians almost never seem to pay for their crimes.

The moment they can't make enough money and get punished when caught they won't do it anymore. You get cleaner politicians that way and a lot less of a power struggle as nobody will pay people to vote or protest.

Thaksin has got his money. That's not the issue. Thaksin is a sociopath and is desperate for power, desperate to be number 1, desperate for people to listen to him and obey him. He is driven by his mental health issues.

• Like 2

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While he is at reforming how about reforming the kangaroo courts that are filled with yellows and hand down bias verdicts time after time!

And reinstate yingluck as PM!

A fine display of how you think. I don't know why you bother in beating the same old drum. One day you will stumble out of the bar you seem to inhabit, and see the sun, Please give us some insight into the reasons you have to Troll all the time. do you really think anyone takes any notice of you ...except perhaps some of your mates with the same mental decay.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well father in law and the guy who rents wifeys paddy have been waiting for their rice payments since October. Hopefully the Junta will be good for their word and pay the poor farmers within 20 days.

Absolutely, they deserve to be paid. In fact, didn't Yingluck try to pay them but Suthep threatened every bank with mass demonstrations and funds withdrawals to prevent the farmers from getting paid?

Wrong, not true, totally incorrect,false, a beat up, and very misleading

• Like 1

"Under the plan, the junta will soon install a new government with a full mandate to have the budget to run the country,"

This is the most important part in the article - the heist on the money can now begin.

Most analysts are expected the Thai economy to shrink some even predict a recession. If an insurgency should be forthcoming similar to the south the economy is doomed.

Time will prove again that primitive intervention into to the democratic process with force will have disastrous consequences for the country.

Did the "general" really expect ambassadors to attend his meeting? No decent country will lend him credibility and have an ambassador attend his "meetings". He will have to do with the likes of Zimbabwe and North Korea!

Abhisit was also elected through a democratic process....and with the primitive intervention of the red shirt protests in 2010 proved disastrous to almost 100 civilians.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I suppose like most westerners living in Thailand, I have been reading many of the postings on many of the threads out of natural concern about the situation. The vast majority of posts are from Westerners, like myself (westerner not a poster), and I believe who we regard ourselves as level headed and reasonable sensible thinkers. Given that I notice that that from these posts there is support for both sides of the argument Red shirt or Yellow shirt. If we as Westerners who consider our views, common sense, and approach to dealing with complex situations to be superior to that of the Thai mentality, and we cannot agree on the solution to the current unrest - how on earth do you think the Thai people can.

Very inappropriate comment.

I think the SET will go 20% up. We missed the good run because of the demonstrations. Time to catch up. Monday might be another good day to buy Thai stocks. I see things improving now.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so suthep can win power ??

by some stealthy means .

only hi sos can be in power ??

change the rules if they cant win ??

the reds could go apesh1t if they think theyre being short changed .

got to be acceptable to all which seems unlikely ,as someone will come of badly when the rules are changed

Edited by 3NUMBAS
  • Like 1

"Under the plan, the junta will soon install a new government with a full mandate to have the budget to run the country,"

This is the most important part in the article - the heist on the money can now begin.

Most analysts are expected the Thai economy to shrink some even predict a recession. If an insurgency should be forthcoming similar to the south the economy is doomed.

Time will prove again that primitive intervention into to the democratic process with force will have disastrous consequences for the country.

Did the "general" really expect ambassadors to attend his meeting? No decent country will lend him credibility and have an ambassador attend his "meetings". He will have to do with the likes of Zimbabwe and North Korea!

Abhisit was also elected through a democratic process....and with the primitive intervention of the red shirt protests in 2010 proved disastrous to almost 100 civilians.

Let's see, according to the December 18, 2008 edition of the Economist http://www.economist.com/node/12818184:

"....Abhisit Vejjajiva, a British-educated career politician aged 44, now Thailand's 27th prime minister. On December 15th parliament gave him the green light to form a new coalition government, the country's third in four months. He replaces the caretaker administration that had been in charge since December 2nd when the constitutional court dissolved three of the six parties in the previous coalition on corruption charges. Reasonably enough, Mr Abhisit has said that his first priority in office will be to restore economic confidence after months of chaos. Good luck to him.

For a start, Mr Abhisit lacks a popular mandate to lead his country. His victory in parliament, by a margin of 235 to 198, was achieved by luring away former government members of parliament, including stalwart followers of Thaksin Shinawatra, the ex-prime minister who was convicted in absentia of abusing power and now lives in exile. The defections were achieved with the financial carrots that are taken for granted in Thai coalition-building, plus the tap of a military stick. General Anupong Paochinda, the army chief, met senior politicians before the vote to offer his advice, meetings that seem to have put the kibosh on last-ditch efforts by Mr Thaksin's allies to form their own government."

I guess you could call it a democratic process, but not the prettiest example of such. It certainly isn't like he won a nation-wide election.

• Like 2

You do have a moon where you live?

And you do live in Thailand?

The Land of Coups.

wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif

Publicus, This is rural Thailand, these times this poster posted is and has always been normal bed and rise hours -so a curfew will not interfere with the little farmer or cow/buffalo man

Get out into rural areas--live there then you can believe, THIS is normal. maybe you are Moon struck. wai2.gif

your wasting your time with him. He has sunk to reciting or trying to write poetry that will replace his normal rants for the preservation of corruption and nepotism.

Another glib post that makes the same banal accusations that anyone who opposes insurrectionist militancy or military coup fascism must necessarily be in favor of evil and immorality as defined by the accuser.

For months I'd been suggesting you guys get some new lines but now I see you are incapable of anything other than the glib, the trite, the mundane.

Repeating the big lie often and regularly enough does not eventually make it "true" because this is 2014 and you're in the wrong forest. You've been so busy cranking out your propaganda you've missed the fact and reality of it. You haven't 'converted' any posters at TVF of your obvious propaganda points because you can't possibly put your stuff past us as if this were the 1920s or the 1930s.

Yet each day at TVF is groundhog day for you guys as you continue to crank out the same same ineffective stuff, to include trying to mangle what those over on this opposite side say in our posts, as in the immediate instance of your reply in your post above.

• Like 1

While he is at reforming how about reforming the kangaroo courts that are filled with yellows and hand down bias verdicts time after time!

A fine display of how you think. I don't know why you bother in beating the same old drum. One day you will stumble out of the bar you seem to inhabit, and see the sun, Please give us some insight into the reasons you have to Troll all the time. do you really think anyone takes any notice of you ...except perhaps some of your mates with the same mental decay.

laugh.png

Do'nt know if anyone 's spotted it, but according to this Bangkok based guardian reporter, Amsterdam reckons a government in exile is being considered. I presume as its Amsterdam, its thaksin, and as its a "quote " from Amsterdam its a touch more than a rumor

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/23/yingluck-shinawatra-detained-thailand-coup-military

oh it's about 6ish para's down from 'her ' pic

Edited by rijit

Love the title. "Junta wants sweeping reforms".

Do we know yet if the Thai people also want these reforms? Or is their opinion not important?

Mmmm, seems like they'll get some whether they like it or not. However, unless one of the reforms is votes from the north and northeast only counting as half.....its entirely possible that this whole twisted pantomime will be acted out once more.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Dear new elected government of Thailand ...., as from now on you are on the duty to govern Thailand , we confirm that we made it a lot easier for you this time ..... Don`t fear you might come to a wrong decision , we already cleaned the way by giving you friendly and helpful partners that will help you to stay on the " democratic path " . Please do not leave the political playground we set up for you ....Do not care about that we also have to sign every document coming from you , this is because the new constitution ( made by us ) requires this ....We apologize for any inconvinience but are not able to change , as the new constitution does not allow itself to be changed...We are sure you have fresh ideas to make the country come forward ...., please remember the two financial budgets in the constitution , when you start to make a new business plan , so sorry , but the constitution forces us to have a look at this plan too , sometimes we will maybe have to change it .. if it seems to be " against democracy ". Let me state that we are on a good way to a " real democracy " ,,, last ..., all of your parliament members received that little book called " Political behaviour in democracy " ??? Ok , the ground is made for the people`s will , so go on , fullfill it , we will always be on the side of people`s will too , we and our partners ...., so the governments work will be transparent to the people Sincerly yours and always willing to "help " ...Your Thai army giggle.gif

Well father in law and the guy who rents wifeys paddy have been waiting for their rice payments since October. Hopefully the Junta will be good for their word and pay the poor farmers within 20 days.

The big question ? is there money in the Government coffers to honour any intention to pay the Farmers,a Yes or No would indicate some serious abuse has been in operation for a very long time!

Edited by MAJIC

I agree with your sentiments entirely. As for the clearest analysis of the current situation from a former Australian Military attache to Thailand see this;

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-23/thai-military-imposes-curfew-following-coup/5472266

Prayuth has managed to take the wind out of the sails of many Pheu Thai and UDD supporters by placing the payment to the farmers as being the number one top priority.

Not really.

It just shows the money to pay the farmer has always been here.

Who stopped the payment ?

The farmers are not stupid.

If you think things are so straight forward, why no free election ?

:-)

I've been saying this for a long time, the fact that the money has been so easy to allocate proves beyond a sadow of a doubt that the payments never were an issue for the government, and that it was being withheld to punish the farmers for supporting PT. Unfortunately PCAD supporters of the Scamper variety don't have much in the way of critical thinking so this never occurred to them.

then why didn't they pay them when due months before the demos even started?

Out of all of the political talk I have heard since moving here late last year this guy makes the most sense to me and seems to offer the most intelligent options. I don't know the history very well but I'm impressed with what he is saying. Now let's see what they actually do.

When the reds occupied Bangkok, Abhisit, and the historical records back this up, was more restrained than any other leader would have been. In China they would have crushed the protestors with tanks. To say that Abhisit ordered the killings of 100 people is utter and complete rubbish. It is the same lie that comes from the original Amsterdam/Thaksin lying spin. It is a lie that was designed to raise the emotions of the reds and turn them against the Abhisit party. This lie stuck. For a start, some of the Queen's guard officers were killed at the beginning of this whole occupation; Sae Dang it is now widely believed was shot by his own side to keep his mouth shut (his tongue had got too loose and he was dispensable; the reds arrived armed. There were 300 black shirts armed to the teeth quite often with weapons stolen from the military or obtained for them by the police. The art of war. The art of Thaksin's attempt to overthrow the ruling government of the time included personal attacks on Abhisit, not allowing him to run the Government without the continual detraction of having to deal with security issues, constantly spreading lies that quite often emanated from Amsterdam. Study how sociopaths work. Learn about the Mass Psychology of Fascism. Abhisit is one of the few good guys in this whole mess and he understands the filthy game that Thaksin has been playing. Yep, Abhisit was up against even people from his party who wanted to continue corruption, who wanted to clear the streets but Abhisit held firm. It's about time that people begun to understand Abhisit's role in all of this. The red shirt occupation was indeed disastrous for the families who lost their loved ones so that Thaksin could live out his fantasy. Not only those who died in 2010, but the 28 who were murdered by the reds in the past few months or the political opponents that were murdered by Thaksin during the drug war or the 18 cases of disappearances of political opponents during Thaksin's watch. He has a lot to answer for.

• Like 2

I suppose like most westerners living in Thailand, I have been reading many of the postings on many of the threads out of natural concern about the situation. The vast majority of posts are from Westerners, like myself (westerner not a poster), and I believe who we regard ourselves as level headed and reasonable sensible thinkers. Given that I notice that that from these posts there is support for both sides of the argument Red shirt or Yellow shirt. If we as Westerners who consider our views, common sense, and approach to dealing with complex situations to be superior to that of the Thai mentality, and we cannot agree on the solution to the current unrest - how on earth do you think the Thai people can.

The problem with so many farangs,outside of their typical F$#king arrogance, is that they actually think they know what is going on around them in Thailand.

Edited by FrankOff

Ginjag,

You do realise that protestors were the both sides of the camp, and they were BOTH to blame, you're like a stuck record with this anti government , if it was so bad, why did you chose to stay?

I'm sorry that your business was killed off too, and that goes for anyone else who's business has been effected by the current political situation, may I be so bold as to ask what your business was?

I had no opinion of the Government as they never did anything to me, or caused me any hardship or difficulties, wasn't in Thailand long enough to be able to judge the apparent ineptness of the Democrat run one, or the Robbing PTP one, but you bang on and on and on about the failures of the PTP one, as if they are the only ones to have ever done wrong.

The amnesty Bill is a red herring, and given that you have lived in Thailand for a long long time, should be very aware of the "issues" going on behind closed doors that is at the root of the current situation, but you can't and will not because you're so blinkered that you're focusing on the woods, and not seeing the trees, I might be relatively new to Thailand, but I know that there's things going on that can't be discussed, about an event that's imminent, I don't care about the PTP, I don't care about the UDD, I don't care about the PDRC, what I do care about is how that event is going to effect all the Thais.

Now, in saying all that, it's evident that the PTP were very poor Government, but voting them out after making claims that the "majority" wanted a change WOULD have been the logical step to take, but there is no logic in Thailand, there never was a "majority" it was political spin, if that "majority" wanted the PTP/UDD out, they would have and should have had the opportunity to VOTE them out, but you are the one who will cry but but but Thaksin will buy the votes... utter and complete , the truth is the PDRC and anti Government groups NEVER ever had the majority, what you're really saying is that yes, the "majority" is there in spirit, but they will be bought for 500 baht, and Thaksin wins, well you have a very very very low opinion of the this "majority" if they can easily be swayed to vote for 500 baht, the vote buying is an excuse, a very poor excuse, because the bottom line is that you either have the majority who want reforms and the PTP out,and they will not be swayed by 500 baht regardless, or there never was a majority as it was never given the opportunity to cast their votes, and rid the Regime that way.

Not everyone is as blinkered as you appear to believe they are.

Now enough about that crap, who are you rooting for in the Champions League Final tonight? biggrin.png

I think people are smart enough to take the money and still vote however they want. Wouldn't you? So this view buying charge is a irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Love the title. "Junta wants sweeping reforms".

Do we know yet if the Thai people also want these reforms? Or is their opinion not important?

what reforms?

Up to Prayuth.

PTP & UDD had their chance at the table, but Taksin rejected all the proposals.

Wonder if Prayuth will make that mistake again.

Reform = Military will decide who governs the country and what the laws will be. No one is allowed to complain about this, nor makes any posts on the web. This we call democracy.

Well, to be honest most here would call this trolling rolleyes.gif

Reform = Military will decide who governs the country and what the laws will be. No one is allowed to complain about this, nor makes any posts on the web. This we call democracy.

Why?

<sorry, censored>