supporting documents 'folders' question - UK visit visa

My fiancée is submitting her supporting documents for a visit VISA for her and her youngest daughter in just over a weeks time.

What type of folders are people successfully using? I have read about ring binders and def the large lever folders being a big no no as just get taken apart by VFS. I've read about people vast time submitting folders with contents page and header, plastic sleeves... only for all of the to be removed.

Doesn't leave much in the way to present the documents in an orderly fashion. I am struggling.

Can you submitted the evidence sorted into separate folders?
I.E.
Folder 1 Applicants personal information (birth certificates, tabien baan, police clearance certificate, proff child's father is dead etc and all English certified translations)

Folder 2 Sponsorship Information (Copy of house deeds, letters of invitation, Confirmation of council register at address, wage slips, bank statements, floor plan of house etc.)

Folder 3 Evidence of Relationship part one (was going to use a thin clamp folder to hold lots of printed off copies of our LINE app texts and record of internet calls/videos)

Folder 4 Evidence of Relationship part two (continued as communication evidence above so big - this to contain 7x5 photo sleeves - 60 odd photos together to make sure aware solid relationship - large part of evidence to return as she is unemployed - also anything else relevant such as western union transfers, hotel bookings, visa stamps for visits, flights etc). I am 35 and she is 29 which I hope also works in a favor as age gap is not great and we look suited to one another - other than in Thai culture she has hit jackpot - degree educated good looking young man - her with two children to two different fathers and unemployed - yeah I must be mad!!!!!. Hence using lots of photos to potray serious relationship. 'A picture can tell a thousand words'.
51HLfVw5FQL._SL1500_.jpg
I was going to use separate folders like this and then insert them into a documents folder (click for link to open). Or can I only use one folder?

Your help and shared experience/advice greatly appreciated. Really stressful times at moment.

The UK and Australia currently share the same VFS service in Bangkok.

We (Australian side) just submitted our Partner Visa application.

The fee on that application is over $3,000 ... so it's a big application.

We used a ... 7873e32a9dc9ed4517bce434fa61f74a.jpgKISS

My gf has successfully applied twice for a visitors visa.

We used an A4 display folder with 20 pages.

You can slide in 2 A4 size documents back to back into each clear plastic page.

We used 2 folders one for her application documents and one for mine.

I numbered each page and attached an index onto the front inside cover.

The folders were returned each time along with the passport.

post-60474-0-74404900-1400921214_thumb.jpost-60474-0-44923200-1400921406_thumb.j

post-60474-0-44923200-1400921406_thumb.j

• Like 1

My partners previous applications have all used the small folder shown above, I think the first folder, detailed in length, is going for overkill.

The ECO is going to make a decision in a few minutes, and will not want to wade through all the documents listed in the OP.

They will look to see that the trip is genuine and affordable, so details of the proposed trip and evidence of affordability.

If the OP is sponsoring his girlfriend, then provide evidence that their relationship deems it reasonable to do so. Certainly the ECO isn't going to read through reams of Line messages, if you can print the headers then that should suffice. Likewise the number of photos is an overkill, just provide a selection to give a flavour of your time together. For example my partners applications have included an average of 10 photos, printed four to a sheet, in each of her applications, with the total pack containing no more than 15 thin sections, and that includes the all important reasons to return.

I would make your and your girlfriends covering letters short and snappy, I always keep mine to two sides of A4.

• Like 2

My partners previous applications have all used the small folder shown above, I think the first folder, detailed in length, is going for overkill.

The ECO is going to make a decision in a few minutes, and will not want to wade through all the documents listed in the OP.

They will look to see that the trip is genuine and affordable, so details of the proposed trip and evidence of affordability.

If the OP is sponsoring his girlfriend, then provide evidence that their relationship deems it reasonable to do so. Certainly the ECO isn't going to read through reams of Line messages, if you can print the headers then that should suffice. Likewise the number of photos is an overkill, just provide a selection to give a flavour of your time together. For example my partners applications have included an average of 10 photos, printed four to a sheet, in each of her applications, with the total pack containing no more than 15 thin sections, and that includes the all important reasons to return.

I would make your and your girlfriends covering letters short and snappy, I always keep mine to two sides of A4.

+1

I always hear the same advice by people who are successful. But those that are refused didn't show enough evidence of relationship. So on the paranoid side. Don't want to give the ECO any reason to refuse visa. But yeah i will give selections of our LINE app messages. It is all in thai script messages. Some both Thai and English together. I can do it in small text about 10 sides of A4 and add 2 A4 with screen shots of the Phone with LINE app phone calls at wide variation of dates.I will add 30 photos. 2 each side of an A4 so 8 sheets. Sound ok? ECO can easily flick through and scan. Don't want refusal not showing enough evidence of relationship :( esp when our relationship is solid as a rock. Only immigration is our hurdle to overcome.

... But those that are refused didn't show enough evidence of relationship. ...

... maybe ... but ...

It's our Australian experience, but I believe that a strong influencing factor on determining the Visa will be the overwhelming reason for the applicant to return to Thailand once (or before) the Visa has finished.

... maybe ... but ...

It's our Australian experience, but I believe that a strong influencing factor on determining the Visa will be the overwhelming reason for the applicant to return to Thailand once (or before) the Visa has finished.

A properly prepared and presented argument for reasons to return, evidence of relationship etc can be concise. ECO's are not impressed by the weight of an application bundle! Key documents could easily be missed hidden between the hundreds of photographs, thousands of emails and pages of trivia.

We presented the full application in a mini pocket wallet file so each page was visible. A full photocopied version was submitted clipped together so any document of interest could be picked out and retained. Bank statements were grouped and stapled together for simplicity.

Quality not quantity will do the job.

Edited by bobrussell
  • Like 2

I understand. My biggest reason for her evidence to return is our relationship. She would certainly not want to hinder a future settlement visa application. She doesn't work and I fully support her. She also has to take care of her 74 year old mother. Her youngest child is dependent on her hence her travel also. This child's father is dead. Certificate of death will be included in child's visa app. Fiancée also doesn't own land or property. But she is leaving her eldest child so not to hinder her education and remain with my fiancée 's mother to ensure her care. Hoping to get school forms to help with evidence of this. Maybe getting fiancée 's father's death certificate. So another reason to return. We will also look at houses together during her visit. Just trying to convey the relationship evidence has to take a dominance in my application as also reason to return and not overstay her visit visa. She will not want to jeopardise future visa applications.

I am very grateful for all your advice. I want to get this right.

When you write stuff like ...

'My biggest reason for her evidence to return is our relationship',

'Maybe getting fiancée 's father's death certificate',

'Certificate of death will be included in child's visa app'

'We will also look at houses together during her visit',

I think you mis-understand the concept of a concise Visa application or a valid and transparent reason to return to Thailand.

Have you read the uk-visit-visa-basics ?

It's a good start and might resolve a few of your issues.

Just my humble opinion.

"Even if there is no 'concrete' reason to return, many people have obtained a UK visit visa based upon the strength of their relationship with their sponsor. If the ECO believes the relationship to be genuine then they will also believe that the applicant would not want to jeopardise future applications, such as settlement, by overstaying or otherwise breaching the conditions of a visit visa.

"

Ok. I rushed that reply and did not word it very well . Lol.

yes I have read most articles on the subject on forum. I did pick up on this part quoted above. But show her commitments to family, eldest daughter and mother. Plus she has an elder sister who correctly went through visa process in Holland and now a citizen. She is getter a character statement from Nai Baan and police clearance certificate from Police. All should show your genuine intent to return to get settlement in future as my wife.

"

I understand. My biggest reason for her evidence to return is our relationship. She would certainly not want to hinder a future settlement visa application.

This was the only real reason I gave for mine to return on we were successful. Worked for Australia as well.

I understand. My biggest reason for her evidence to return is our relationship. She would certainly not want to hinder a future settlement visa application. She doesn't work and I fully support her. She also has to take care of her 74 year old mother. Her youngest child is dependent on her hence her travel also. This child's father is dead. Certificate of death will be included in child's visa app. Fiancée also doesn't own land or property. But she is leaving her eldest child so not to hinder her education and remain with my fiancée 's mother to ensure her care. Hoping to get school forms to help with evidence of this. Maybe getting fiancée 's father's death certificate. So another reason to return. We will also look at houses together during her visit. Just trying to convey the relationship evidence has to take a dominance in my application as also reason to return and not overstay her visit visa. She will not want to jeopardise future visa applications.

I am very grateful for all your advice. I want to get this right.

"We will also look at houses together during her visit"

I would not be using this phrase as it could be taken as not normal tourist behaviour.

I understand what you are saying Geordiel. Clicked on to this in a previous comment. Already on actual app now.

Bit to put it in context on app. This is her first visit to me after next week my fourth to her. Supporting docs will show a clear relationship and visit visa as a step to settlement visa. Will not want to jeopardise that. I currently live in parents 4 bed detached house. Invite leter from my parents to her, copy of house deeds, floor plan of house, confirmation of council register at current address for me and parents. So makes sense if we are in serious relationship that I would involve her in house selection for planning her settlement visa and securing us a place. Would only be looking. We are engaged. She is my fiancée. But even so visit visa under government guidelines is correct visa to apply for unless we was marrying during stay and settling straight after. But i am going visit visa first as less money to use if rejected first time and on acceptance will help with settlement visa. Visit visa for youngest child makes this decision even more astute with mobey involved and it is just the right decision. So I thought under circumstance the housing comment reaffirmed our relationship and serious nature. For natural perspective am I wrong? Should I still remove intention of mentioning again on covering letter with plans during her visit?

... maybe ... but ...

That is as I understand, a massive influencing factor. Followed by in no specific order, making sure that turn application is completely honest, and that supporting funds are sufficient.

• Like 1

We are all trying to help here, I would like to understand the process a little more.

So, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ...

The OP is drilling down to a level of detail which way beyond that which is required for a Visitor Visa.

He is writing stuff as if 'He' and not his 'partner' is applying?

Should his part of the application be essentially ...

Establishing the relationship to genuine.

That they have actually met.

If the applicant doesn't have sufficient funds and the OP is also the financial sponsor, then the OP show sufficient funds to cover that aspect.

If the sponsor is supplying accommodiation during the visit then he simply has to establish that he owns/rents or in the OP's case has access to same.

IMHO ...

• Like 1

We are all trying to help here, I would like to understand the process a little more.

So, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ...

The OP is drilling down to a level of detail which way beyond that which is required for a Visitor Visa.

He is writing stuff as if 'He' and not his 'partner' is applying?

Should his part of the application be essentially ...

Establishing the relationship to genuine.

That they have actually met.

If the applicant doesn't have sufficient funds and the OP is also the financial sponsor, then the OP show sufficient funds to cover that aspect.

If the sponsor is supplying accommodiation during the visit then he simply has to establish that he owns/rents or in the OP's case has access to same.

IMHO ...

LOL My thread was started with regards to the folders used when people have previously been submitting their (the applicant's) support documents to the VFS.

But yes I do appreciate shared previous experiences and advice from people who have had success.

I am making sure my fiancée has covered everything in her visa application so nothing is missing to warrant her visa refusal. The documents the applicants submits is entirely up to them. There is no hard or fast list of documents for each case. Each applicant is individual with different circumstance.

Sorry if it appeared I was typing as though my application. Do read too much into that. I am obviously doing a lot of the work for my fiancée on the sponsorship side. I also submitted her application for her on-line and selected the option 'applying for someone else' before I progressed with the new beta on line forms. In that regards I do apologise.

I will be establishing the relationship with a good selection of photos in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Isaan. 3 visits to her. Next week will be my 4th. About time she visited me now. I can only get 10 days off work at a time, due to my job. Managed to stretch to 19 with swap shifts again. Bringing my fiancée hear allows us to spend a little longer together while I can still work to provide for us. Visiting me in the UK is next logical step. I have a good variety of photos with various excursions, Inc proposal photo with rings and a traditional wedding ceremony (I know it is nothing official without papers - just a celebration in ECO's eyes - adds to the variety in my eyes for proving our solid relationship). Lots of LINE app communications since middle of november. I will include a selection of the back up texts and a few screeshots printed in colour. We use this app as via internet so cheap calls, video messaging, voice and audio mails, photo sharing etc. May include hotel bookings, flights etc from previous. I will include western union transfers to show I support her whilst she is unemployed. Small money but in Isaan living in a Nai Baan (village) is not expensive, esp when not use to much meat or protein in your diet. I've been saving up for the return flight to her after 3 visits in 4 months. Waited 3 months this time before my return. I earn close to 40K before tax and will include the P60, 6 months wage slips and bank statements.Live with parents, but they will provide a letter of invitation, will inc copy of house deeds to prove they own the house, floor plan of 4 bed detached to prove the rooms required, letter from council confirming my parents and myself are on the register at this address.

Sorry If I word 'I'. 'I' as in what I am doing. Yes it is an application for gaining 'her' and her daughter a visit visa. Don't read to deep into quickly typed forum posts please ;)

I've prob missed stuff out above but you get the idea.

She is unemployed so I/we (or her at present getting certificate/letter) working on valid reasons/support to prove she will return and not overstay her visa, if issued.

Not wanting to jeopardising any future visa will be mentioned in both sponsors (mine) and her cover notes, showing we are serious in relationship with photos, we are similar ages, LINE messages etc I hope will clearly show that. I have to present this as well as a settlement visa for this reason of importance. I known there needs to be no relationship for a visit visa (it ain't a partners visa lol). But the relationship is one of our main reasons she will return with her being unemployed. Her mother (74 - no pension) and eldest daughter (11 - staying to not hinder her education) also staying behind being another. My fiancee looks after her mother and two children. The elder child will help to look after her grandma in my fiancées absence. Photo to show my fiancee with her mother perhaps. I have a photo of my fiancée with her two children and their Holy Family School nun which I may be able to add with confirmation letters of the two children enrollment to the school earlier when the school year started.

I am all the time thinking of providing evidence. That's was the support documents are for, no? I do not think I am going overboard. If anyone thinks this is too much that please justify what particular evidence you think I should not include in 'my fiancee' and her daughters visit visa application please.

I just need to print all my documents off. Will use a pocket display document 50 sheets and for daughters child visa a 20 sheets version. Then once compiled with my contribution to their visit visa support docs I will add their documents to the display books a week on Sunday. Visa appointment the following day.

I've posted alot recently as just nervous and stressed out. I just pray I get an ECO that does look at our application and not scan through and make a 2 second wrong judgement with a refusal.

I have to admit (will post this elsewhere later) but I am applying for my fiancée and her child (death certificate for her father included to avoid that reason for refusal). How does it work with the visa apps? Are they accessed together, accessed individually, accessed mother first then child? I hope they both get accepted but if not I might shorten my fiancées visit and just bring her over to UK. Prefer not but.... If came to that would I get the visa's back with a refusal still showing if one of them got accepted. IE mother accepted but child not... so I don't have to apply for the mother again. Hope this makes sense. Sorry 1 am in UK and tired.

For our visit visa application we submitted each set of documents (originals & copies) with a plastic sheet front and back, held together with a hard plastic spine. Those and the coloured section dividers were removed.

• Like 1

I found the gadgets shown on the picture to be a good way to present a visa application. You can just about fit all of your documents and the visa application together like that. An index listing everything on top of the application is a good idea as well. The punch and the steel gadgets holding your application together can be bought at Tesco Lotus in Pattaya at their supermarket on Sukhumvit and probably at many other places selling stationery as well.

post-27298-0-28651400-1401331928_thumb.j

• Like 1