Chaturon says he prefers to be picked up by the military

Lite Beer

Chaturon says he prefers to be picked up by the military

5-24-2014-8-15-25-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former Education Minister Chaturon Chaisaeng has voiced his opposition to the May 22 coup and said that he would not report to the National Peace and Order Maintaining Council as summoned.

Writing in his Facebook page, Mr Chaturon said that for the past decades he had voiced his disagreement with a coup all along because this military option was not a “way out” for the country but, on the contrary, would exacerbate the situation.

As such, he said he would preserve his right to disagree with this latest military takeover and urge the military junta to restore democracy as quick as possible.

The ex-minister said that he would not report to the NPOMC because he opposed to the coup and not because he wanted to defy the law or to cause any trouble.

He said he was told by a minister who already reported to the military that once all the ministers had shown up before the NPOMC they would all be freed. If this was true, he said he had no problem of reporting to the NPOMC but would prefer the military to send someone to pick him up.

Mr Chaturon insisted that in the course of political conflict in the past several years he had never been accused of committing a criminal offence and, therefore, he had no intention of escaping.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chaturon-says-prefers-picked-military/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=chaturon-says-prefers-picked-military

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-24

• Like 1

"he said he had no problem of reporting to the NPOMC but would prefer the military to send someone to pick him up."

Your wish will be granted

...but the ride might prove to have been a little smoother if he had chosen a taxi instead...!!

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wondering how much he stole.

Children are still waiting for their tablets!

Thailand still waiting for education reform!

All the red shirts are scared, now others will run their ministries and uncover the corruption. They officials have no fear anymore (uness they implicate themselves also possible) to speak out about the corruption of their boss. I wonder how many already cleaned up evidence before.. because the smart ones among them might have seen trouble coming.

This is a real scary time for them, sweet justice.

• Like 1

for the past decades he had voiced his disagreement with a coup all along because this military option was not a “way out” for the country but, on the contrary, would exacerbate the situation.

But murdering 28 men women and children is - and ordering truck loads of guns to kill more this week end would have been too. Red logic is so flawed

Where did you get those news?

Zulu radio?

Red logic flawed??

...well...they win elections..

The Dems haven't won one since '92.

They only get 'appointed'.

How can anyone say an election was won, when people are paid to vote???

This vote buying is a joke where ever it happens

How many different Education ministers were there during YL's reign?

And what exactly of any value to the country did they accomplish???

I knew it was a goodly number...but apparently, the correct answer is FOUR different Education ministers in less than three years. Good job, YL!

Four ministers in two years is too many

Chularat Saengpassa

The Nation 2013-07-04

BANGKOK: -- With the latest change in the man at the helm of the Education Ministry, any hope for a better education system is faltering.

It's not that the new education minister is a bad choice. But just that the government's lukewarm attention to educational issues has becomes obvious.

Since Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra came to power in August 2011, she has named four different men as education minister.

Had she carefully picked her choice, the country would have not seen four men rising to the helm of the Education Ministry in less than two years.

Her first nominee, Worawat Auapinyakul, was remembered for developing a new line of command for the country's educational sector. He believed units under his ministry should be divided by zone when it came to the line of command. So, he assigned his deputies to oversee zones, not agencies. Worawat also boasted about a project to have students speak at least one English word a day after the daily flag-raising ceremony at schools.

All his initiatives soon disappeared. Worawat, after all, was minister for just a little over six months.

His successor, Suchart Tadathamrongvej, lasted a little longer, managing to stay at the helm for more than eight months.

During his tenure, he courted much controversy by suggesting that popular schools should be allowed to accept "tea money" and allocate such donations to help improve educational services for all. Due to strong opposition, Suchart later backtracked.

Not long after, Phongthep Thepkanjana replaced him. Under his leadership, the Education Ministry unveiled a grand plan to drastically change the country's curriculum. In line with this, hundreds of hours are due to be removed from school students' class schedules, to allow them to learn more outside the classroom.

Phongthep has solid reasons to support this plan. While Thai students spend many hundreds of hours in class, their academic performance is poorer on average than their peers from countries that require much less time learning.

Just a few weeks ago, Phongthep said he really hoped he would be able to complete the educational and curriculum reform during his tenure. But his hope was dashed.

Chaturon Chaisang has now replaced Phongthep as education minister.

While Chaturon has vowed to continue with Phongthep's policies, not all educators are convinced this can happen.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/651180-four-thai-education-ministers-in-two-years-is-too-many/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

Whoa -- you're mixing apples and oranges here.

I wonder how much he stole, too, meaning the whole lot on both sides.

The tablet deal was scrapped because the Chinese wanted to do the 'mission creep' approach to making more than the bid price, meaning undeclared export taxes, high delivery fees....and the whole tablet thing was a bad idea, not because of providing tablets, but because of letting the kids take them home....tablets in the classroom is a good idea (if you have the software).

• Like 2

The tablet deal was scrapped because the Chinese wanted to do the 'mission creep' approach to making more than the bid price, meaning undeclared export taxes, high delivery fees....and the whole tablet thing was a bad idea, not because of providing tablets, but because of letting the kids take them home....tablets in the classroom is a good idea (if you have the software).

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!!! Don't you know that some of our TVF members are always correct when it comes to anything to to with the Thaksin Regime ;) ... take heed of what they're saying :D

A post complaining about moderation and several replies to it have been removed. If you want to help, then use the Report function as we are swamped trying to keep ahead of these topics in these complex times. Thanks.

• Like 1

So what you're saying is that PTP was too inept to manage a project of that size, let alone the entire government?

Scope creep doesn't just happen; it's a result of poor management.

Really, this is just another one of PTP's boondoggles that perfectly illustrates why transparency is so important.

Another key board warrior blinded by yellow propaganda.

Enjoy your coup while you can!

By reading through your posting history, I feel the need to ask if you ever sought help..... I can recommend a good taxidermist for you.wink.png

Thank you (three times) Gonzo!

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

There is no guarantee that all the ministers will be freed once he reported. The armed forces of the 'old elite power' lied to the people that they are not on either side of the conflicts. What took place proved clearly that they are on the side of prdc, the dem, appointed senators, EC, constitutional court and NACC. They cannot be trusted with their words.

The new generation of soldiers will protect their integrity, dignity and their professionalism as soldiers. Now, the armed forces are not entirely of the 'old elite power' who have been plundering the nation. They are afraid that their wrong doings and criminal activities will be uncover by the emerging power of the people. Therefore they have to seize power to prevent that from happening. The war weapons do not belong to the armed forces factions of the 'old elite power' only. The people are beginning to be aware of their political, social, economic and judicial rights and the duties and responsibilities that come with these rights of theirs.

Judging from the reactions of the public as compared to the 2006 coup, I wish to see the coup makers, supporters and financiers of 2006 and the current one be brought to justice soon. If not, I am afraid the escalated crisis will develop into a much more greater calamity than any natural disasters to Thailand affecting everyone.

Edited by icommunity

for the past decades he had voiced his disagreement with a coup all along because this military option was not a “way out” for the country but, on the contrary, would exacerbate the situation.

But murdering 28 men women and children is - and ordering truck loads of guns to kill more this week end would have been too. Red logic is so flawed

Where did you get those news?

Zulu radio?

Red logic flawed??

...well...they win elections..

The Dems haven't won one since '92.

They only get 'appointed'.

your comment had no useful information. i love the way you just ask questions and point out the corruption.

name one country in this planet where the poor always get their selection in leader. and no, Ghandi does not count.

now, did their vote seem to have helped their lives like they were promised? ok so a bunch of red leaders got some nice houses.

and i see the free living quarters thaksin has built for poor people is now charging them quite alot. lies, lies, and more lies from anyone on Thaksins table.

i say, good job to the boys in uniform. this includes the police for not getting in the way.

Happy Coup day to you and everyone.

• Like 1

Reading my posting history eh!

Sorry if my posting on demroracy offends you guys.

I also happen to believe in innocent before being guilty!

So enjoy your coup and military dictatorship until the next election!

For heaven's sake pipkins, he offered you a helping hand and you are still complaining. It is obvious that you have a problem. Deal with it before it's too late. I look forward to seeing Chaturon picked up. Sooner rather than later. He is the 'best' person to explain what happened with the money used in a failed tablet per child scheme.

• Like 2