COUP = Urgent Information Needed….

BigDamo

Guys I am due to come back to Pattaya soon and see that the curfew has stretched outside of BKK, unlike last time!

What information are you being told locally?

How long is the curfew due to last?

What exactly are you allowed and not allowed to do?

Regards

Quiet after about 21:00. I would not challenge the power that be. Bars and restaurants closing earlier. The staff are not harassed if they are going to and from work at any time. Expats will not be given a kitchen pass if out and about after 22:00, don't push your luck!

• Like 1

Pattaya is exactly the same as it was pre coup/curfew with the exception you are now assigned a military person to supervise your visits to the toilet.

Also three to a bed

,...helping the supervision and management process that the military reconciliation panel are implementing

I thought the Curfew was Thailand wide.

Also, don't forget the Thai Navy just kicked out the Pattaya Police and took control.

Am I correct?

I think they are all cosy together. Very Village People.

To the OP: As advised stay indoors 22:00 - 05:00 and adjust your party hours accordingly.

The Navy guards the coastal areas and NOT the inland however they would need special permission from the Army if they are needed for backup.

Yes Martial Law is Thailand wide.

I believe that the police are still active everywhere and are still being corrupt but maybe slowing down a little and crapping their drawers wondering what is next.

Looks like the news article in Pattaya News Clippings tells it all sorry.

Edited by AntiWinter

The Navy guards the coastal areas and NOT the inland however they would need special permission from the Army if they are needed for backup.

Well they did take over the police station, which implies their mandate extends beyond the "coastal areas."

On Pattaya Tai at least it's still pretty active up to 23:00 and car & pedestrian traffic continuing past midnight to a small extent.

On my morning walk along Beach Rd Saturday morning at 8:00 I saw no police along the beach or around the police station, which is not typical. Still a fair number of tour buses arriving, although the number of people walking along the beach was considerably less than usual. Walked over to Villa and for that time in the morning it was very much business as usual with quite a few customers.

A friend who lives on the dark side said he saw "many" army personnel moving about last night. No police.

Edited by Suradit69

I should add that today, Sunday, the regular police had set up a check point to stop motorists and motorcyclists on the small east-west soi just south of Bangkok Pattaya Hospital near to Sukhumvit. Didn't see any along Pattaya Tai where one or two are usually found at some point during the day writing parking tickets or stopping motorcyclists. Friend mentioned again that in his area east of Sukhumvit it was the military that he saw "patrolling."

So I guess they're still "operating," but based on my totally unscientific observations, they seem to be keeping a lower profile.

I had dinner at a pub in South Pattaya and asked until what time they are open tonight. "We are open until midnight", he said and added: "If the police come, we close earlier".

He also explained to me that the curfew is only outside, not inside, so I shouldn't worry. He didn't tell me how I could get home if I staid "inside" (his pub, that is) beyond the start of the curfew.

Welcome to Thailand, I thought. I am now safely in my hotel.