Sondhi reports to military junta

Lite Beer

Sondhi reports to military junta

153431-imagejpeg-225701-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Sondhi Limthongkul turned himself in to the military junta today after he is among 35 persons summoned to report today.

The latest list of 35 people, comprising politicians, redshirt activists, anti-Thaksin regime protesters, was announced by the National Peace and Order Maintaining Council to report at the Theves Army auditorium by 4.00 p.m. today.

The latest announcement raised to a total 190 people, mostly politicians under the ruling Pheu Thai party and red shirt leaders, summoned by the junta to report.

Failure to report faces two years in prison or 40,000 baht fine or both.

Sondhi arrived with bags containing some daily use necessities,

He said he has to prepare all these necessities in case he was held in custody for days.

Other politicians seen reporting today included Suwat Liptapanlop, and Adisorn Piengket.

But there was report that redshirt activist leaders like Shinawatra Habunpak, Pol Col Sa-ngiam Samranrat, and Charun Ditapichai have fled the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sondhi-reports-military-junta/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=sondhi-reports-military-junta

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-24

I think most people have forgotten this man, or didn't know him in the first place. smile.png

Right, prior to 2004, Sondhi was actually a massive supporter of Thaksin, but they had a massive falling out in 2005.

Thaksin was removed in the 2006 coup, there were massive demonstrations by the yellow shirts during the months prior to the coup. And indeed, the yellow shirts were lead by this man, Sondhi. Sondhi's supporters can claim that Sondhi was the 'main man' in the ousting of the Thaksin government by the coup of 2006.

As most of us know, the coup of 2006 happened, and a general election took place in 2007. A Thaksin party won the 2007 election, and again, Sondhi was organising mass demonstrations against the Thaksin party. Most of us do remember the airport being taken over, and the yellow shirts camped inside the airport.

Sondhi was a supporter of Abhisit, and the demonstrations stopped when Abhisit was put in charge.

A few people might feel that Suthep was/is basically, a new version of Sondhi ! smile.png

But did he fall out with Aphisit? Did he support him in the next election?

But there was report that redshirt activist leaders like Shinawatra Habunpak, Pol Col Sa-ngiam Samranrat, and Charun Ditapichai have fled the country.

Clearly they had nothing to hide, peace loving redshirts, probably just took a wrong turn, will show up shortly.

• Like 1

x153431-imagejpeg-225701-wpcf_728x413.jp

He's dead Thai looking, especially compared to the guys behind him. I wonder how many Yuan it cost to buy a Thai name like "Sondhi"???

He almost looks like a relation to Mao Tse, or even Thaksin himself... but let's not go there.... international relation importance an' all that,,.. all that... errm... BS

Hope he rots in hell.

for further reading about this charmer and his role in the genesis of PAD:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sondhi_Limthongkul

You mean he crossed parties at will... depending the finances on offer.

About time you got to grips with yourself PR guy.... He's just another gonner, and not even a Thai one.

Keep on trying though, as it's still entertaining, na, innit?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now there's a welcome sight of an air stealing piece of hate filled, racist, human garbage if I ever saw one.

He might be many things but surely not a racist.

Of course he's a racist. Against anyone who's not Thai. but that doesn't make him unique.

He's dead Thai looking, especially compared to the guys behind him. I wonder how many Yuan it cost to buy a Thai name like "Sondhi"???

He almost looks like a relation to Mao Tse, or even Thaksin himself... but let's not go there.... international relation importance an' all that,,.. all that... errm... BS

Hope he rots in hell.

The same to you...

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now there's a welcome sight of an air stealing piece of hate filled, racist, human garbage if I ever saw one.

Of course he's a racist. Against anyone who's not Thai. but that doesn't make him unique.

I do not agree with you, as I was let in in the inner circle of their movement and was even in the same room present when the made the decision to take the airport, so that breaks your theory.

I think most people have forgotten this man, or didn't know him in the first place. smile.png

Right, prior to 2004, Sondhi was actually a massive supporter of Thaksin, but they had a massive falling out in 2005.

Thaksin was removed in the 2006 coup, there were massive demonstrations by the yellow shirts during the months prior to the coup. And indeed, the yellow shirts were lead by this man, Sondhi. Sondhi's supporters can claim that Sondhi was the 'main man' in the ousting of the Thaksin government by the coup of 2006.

As most of us know, the coup of 2006 happened, and a general election took place in 2007. A Thaksin party won the 2007 election, and again, Sondhi was organising mass demonstrations against the Thaksin party. Most of us do remember the airport being taken over, and the yellow shirts camped inside the airport.

Sondhi was a supporter of Abhisit, and the demonstrations stopped when Abhisit was put in charge.

A few people might feel that Suthep was/is basically, a new version of Sondhi ! smile.png

But did he fall out with Aphisit? Did he support him in the next election?

Abhisit, has no sense of politics and he looks like belong in SOP

Kind of ironic the people who were actually elected are now the criminals but the Anti government people calling for the acts of sedition and the overthrow of a duly elected government are getting a pass (for the most part). Reminds me of Orwells Animal farm saying "All animals are equal some animals are more equal than others." I guess the Red Bull heir can come back now seeing this kangaroo court tells me the family of the police officer he killed are in trouble now. You owe me new Ferrari because you drive in front of me on my race track!!!

And yeah to all those yellow Koolaid drinkers you better check and make sure its not piss.

Sedition was raised by the Reds. Silly how you get things confused so fast

So it was the greens who invaded the airport complaining about CO2?

• Like 1

He went very quiet not long after someone shot up his car with him in it, his driver was injured.

He doesn't need to be racist against any non-Thai, as he is racist enough against any Thai who doesn't meet HIS qualifications. Constantly referring to other Thai as "stupid buffalo", or "ignorant farmers", saying that if you don't have at least as Bachelor's degree, you are too stupid to vote, and that only the "elite from BKK" should be allowed to vote and rule, and more, LOTS more. But I agree with a previous poster, once his car was riddled with bullets, with him in it, he pretty much shut his rice hole and vanished under the radar.

Hope he rots in hell.

He used to own one of the better hotels in Kunming that accommodated the Thai airways office and the such.

He's a self serving man. That's it.

I'd love to dig up that interview where he talked about getting support from "my people".

I think he explained which parts of Thai society he was gaining support from.

He almost looks like a relation to Mao Tse, or even Thaksin himself...

As far as I'm aware, forenames are free - 'Sondhi' is hardly a unique forename.

Sondhi Limthongkul is well known to be ethnic Chinese - what's your point? If you're interested in buying names, you might wonder why he has only a 3-syllable surname. Perhaps the answer there is simply that his family got a Thai surname before they ran out of shortish ones.

Kind of ironic the people who were actually elected are now the criminals but the Anti government people calling for the acts of sedition and the overthrow of a duly elected government are getting a pass (for the most part). Reminds me of Orwells Animal farm saying "All animals are equal some animals are more equal than others." I guess the Red Bull heir can come back now seeing this kangaroo court tells me the family of the police officer he killed are in trouble now. You owe me new Ferrari because you drive in front of me on my race track!!!

And yeah to all those yellow Koolaid drinkers you better check and make sure its not piss.

Sedition was raised by the Reds. Silly how you get things confused so fast

it happens with narrow minds