Can you tell thais apart from filippinos?

ultimate weapon

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thais have a wide variety of looks. Anyone from SEA or China could potentially be Thai. Only way to know is if they talk.

Filipinos I've talked to have told me they can often get away with paying the Thai price as long as they keep their mouth shut and just hand over the correct amount

I have worked with a lot of Filipinos in America, so I can tell them apart from Thais pretty easily when they speak English. There are a lot of con artists here running fake card games and such pretending to be Thai, but I know what they are right away.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Serrrrrrrr and the dreaded s at the end if every other word - the furnitures department is this way. When they speak it's more like a whine, and words like prawcess instead of process, or wader and not water are dead giveaways.

Filipinos also cut their nails very short and always round them, look next time it's not same same as Thais.

More Power God Bless :)

I believe that you have a very poor grasp of Thailand and thus what a 'Thai' person looks like.

Thailand is a incredibly diverse population.

Their language, food tastes, language and dialects vary so widely as do their physical appearance.

Ditto the Philippines ... and archipelago of over a 1,000 Islands.

• Like 2

Actually hard to tell, as there are so many variations of both Thais and Filipinas..............some dark, some light and so many facial shapes. They both come from the same blood lines Chinese-Malay, but Turn them upside down and they all look the same same.

Thais have a wide variety of looks. Anyone from SEA or China could potentially be Thai. Only way to know is if they talk.

Filipinos I've talked to have told me they can often get away with paying the Thai price as long as they keep their mouth shut and just hand over the correct amount

That's true i seen many pure chinese looking ppl speak thai perfectly so they could either be chinese thais or you know the thais that originated from china and not the khmer/mon type of thais.

I believe that you have a very poor grasp of Thailand and thus what a 'Thai' person looks like.

Thailand is a incredibly diverse population.

Their language, food tastes, language and dialects vary so widely as do their physical appearance.

Ditto the Philippines ... and archipelago of over a 1,000 Islands.

But they are still small brown people.Are they not?

They all look the same to me.

Actually hard to tell, as there are so many variations of both Thais and Filipinas..............some dark, some light and so many facial shapes. They both come from the same blood lines Chinese-Malay, but Turn them upside down and they all look the same same.

"upside down" how you know????

facepalm.gif

• Like 1

An indicator is usually what they wear round their neck.

An even better indicator is when they start speaking, gawwwwwwd that horrible accent.

The one that kills the scammers straight away is when you talk to them in Thai and they reply, "I can speak English sir", well thats debatable but you sure as heck cant speak Thai,

Last time I was in Pattaya, some girl spotted me as a mark, had a quick look over her shoulder before approaching me, then opened her purse to show me a picture of Jesus, "its for the children sir" was her opening gambit.

Best head back to scammer school love, tell your teacher to update his lessons.

Funny this. Was at Heathrow this morning with a TG, Cathay and Emirates plane all coning through at once.

Ive been out of Thailand a while, and it was amazing how effeminate the Thai men were in appearance and manner. Funnily, my son pointed it out. All preened and proper and mincing along.

On the other hand, If you ask a Thai to diffrentiate b/w westreners, they will do it immidiatly by naming them farang khei nok, farang aiee tia, farang houa laan and so on.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

By sight or by smell?

And thank you for your invaluable contribution to this Thai themed forum.

I wonder how old you are, what you have archived for yourself in your lifetime and what makes people like you tick?

Whatever, I can confirm that even if you live to 120, you will never be as smart as me and you are definitely one of the types I would not wish to be associated with.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

whistling.gif Generally yes.

After over 35 years in Southeast Asia I can usually tell if the person is Vietnamese, Chinese, Filippino, Thai, or whatever.

Of course there is always some that I get wrong, and there are different combinations of nationalities that are hard to be certain about.

For example there are areas in Vietnam where Vietnamese and Chinese have lived close to each other and inter married for years that are hard to guess correctly.

So can be Thai - Chinese here in the Chinese areas of Bangkok as another example.

By sight or by smell?

I wonder how old you are, what you have archived for yourself in your lifetime and what makes people like you tick?

Whatever, I can confirm that even if you live to 120, you will never be as smart as me and you are definitely one of the types I would not wish to be associated with.

With you here BJ. I wouldn't put it down to age though, a lot of these creeps may may have the years but still the IQ of a polo mint.

For what its worth Filipino's cant tell the difference between their own race and Thai's. When we are in London Thai wife constantly gets approached by Filipino's assuming she is of their race.

Manilla with a Thai colleague (male) same thing.

• Like 1

By sight or by smell?

With you here BJ. I wouldn't put it down to age though, a lot of these creeps may may have the years but still the IQ of a polo mint.

For what its worth Filipino's cant tell the difference between their own race and Thai's. When we are in London Thai wife constantly gets approached by Filipino's assuming she is of their race.

Manilla with a Thai colleague (male) same thing.

You are exactly right.

My Thai wife has a very Chinese appearance, back in the States and the UK when ever we visited a Chinese restaurant the Chinese waitresses would begin speaking Chinese with her, yet she can`t speak even one word of Chinese.

No Thais except for friends and family know what part of the West I am from until they ask me. Well, so what and who cares?

People who go around trying to estimate the ethic origins and races of those they see out on their travels have serious personality problems and mental afflictions. On reading some of the idiot comments of some of the posters on this thread, it is of no wonder why the Thai authorities will never let farangs gain any footholds here and who can blame them?

As for tolerance, I do not tolerate fools and idiots gladly and their brain dead theories who are so small minded that to them the obvious must always be the fact and consider that all races have their own certain traits without exceptions.

As the wise man says; go and tell it on a mountain because no one is interested.

• Like 1