UK dividend income question

I thought it was only an Embassy that could provide an income verification letter ?

I don`t know that, just what I assume.

So, can a Consulate provide an income verification letter?

As other posters have mentioned there are at least two other consulates in Pattaya that will provide the verification letter for British nationals, and for a lower price. So well worth considering.

Even if you actually go to the embassy it is still the consular services department of the embassy that deals with this sort of thing (visas and paperwork generally). A consulate or honorary consulate will generally be able to provide most of the simpler paperwork services that the main consular services department of an embassy does, except when they have been told not to as the honorary British consulate in Pattaya was last year, before the post was finally abolished.

• Like 1

I thought it was only an Embassy that could provide an income verification letter ?

I don`t know that, just what I assume.

So, can a Consulate provide an income verification letter?

As other posters have mentioned there are at least two other consulates in Pattaya that will provide the verification letter for British nationals, and for a lower price. So well worth considering.

Even if you actually go to the embassy it is still the consular services department of the embassy that deals with this sort of thing (visas and paperwork generally). A consulate or honorary consulate will generally be able to provide most of the simpler paperwork services that the main consular services department of an embassy does, except when they have been told not to as the honorary British consulate in Pattaya was last year, before the post was finally abolished.

Thanks KK and others for correction .

I genuinely but wrongly assumed it was only the BKK British Embassy that could deal with the income verification.

Very useful to learn there are 2 Consulate options in Pattaya, that will be more convenient.

I`ll call either/both of them when I return to Thailand with all the paperwork

The Swedish consulate in Pattaya will also do it for a UK person. And they only charge 570 baht

Do you know if they also do it in BKK.? A lot cheaper than the British Embassy Consular section.

The Swedish consulate in Pattaya will also do it for a UK person. And they only charge 570 baht

Do you know if they also do it in BKK.? A lot cheaper than the British Embassy Consular section.

They would not do it at the embassy in Bangkok. It is not the same because the one in Pattaya is a honorary consulate.

• 1 month later...

As a little update, having spoken to the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya a few minutes ago, they made very clear they will not do income verification letters for British nationals.

I`ll try the Swedish consulate tomorrow, though have some doubts whether they will do it either.