Furniture Stores

Makyai

Hi All,

I have searched the forum and couldn't find what I was after, so here's the question. We are looking for western style mattresses. You know the ones, inner spring, lumber support, good quality ones. I have stayed at my relatives place upcountry, and the mattresses are very different. I am used to the creature comforts of my bed in Australia.

So the questions are:

1. Where are "western" style mattresses sold in BKK or Central Thailand (Singburi to Nakon Sawan)?

2. How expensive are they?

We are looking at single, double and queen size mattresses.

I will be in BKK in 2 weeks, and want to have a look at them then. Thanks for your assistance.

Makyai

Hi All,

I have searched the forum and couldn't find what I was after, so here's the question. We are looking for western style mattresses. You know the ones, inner spring, lumber support, good quality ones. I have stayed at my relatives place upcountry, and the mattresses are very different. I am used to the creature comforts of my bed in Australia.

So the questions are:

1. Where are "western" style mattresses sold in BKK or Central Thailand (Singburi to Nakon Sawan)?

2. How expensive are they?

We are looking at single, double and queen size mattresses.

I will be in BKK in 2 weeks, and want to have a look at them then. Thanks for your assistance.

Makyai

Check out the "Serta" brand

Can be found in "Index" stores.

Pleased with mine, cost about 8000 baht

Any Lotus, Big C or Carrefoure type store - not to mention any department store or larger furniture store - have western style mattress for sale. Not that expensive as many international brands are made here. But be advised the size may not be what you are used to (at least not the same as US). Single is 3.5 foot by 6.5 foot. Have never seen double. Queen and King are also 6.5 foot long I believe; and one of these is not the same width as US type.

Mattresses I've seen at Tesco and the likes were of very cheap quality. We bought a Serta at a local furniture store, a bit expensive but it's the best mattress I've ever slept on. 9:53 am, been up 10 minutes :o

Home Pro have a good selection of "quality" mattresses. I recently bought a Synda king size ( 6ft.6in. wide ) with pocket springs. As good a quality as UK. It did cost 30000 baht. but came complete with special pillows, duvet, mattress cover, duvet cover, sheet & pillow cases. All good quality. These accessories alone would cost up to 10000 baht. I stress this was just the mattress not the entire bed, which I think was about 42000 complete. I know what you're thinking, it's a pity you can't just get the mattress for 20000, but you can't have enough bed-clothes! Some people will think this a lot of money for a bed but think how long you spend in it! The last bed I bought in UK 10 years ago was double this price but was only 5ft. wide. You get what you pay for! :o:D