Thai Visa for Newbys

Hay,

I'm buying a condo In Pat,

I'v read a lot about the various Visa's available. However I was told by a Thai who I have a Job interview with that they are now clamping down on Border runs?

If you move out to Thailand and dont want to go back to you home country how would you go about staying out there?

Would it be a triple antry visa and Camboda border runs every 60 days indefinitely until you find a visa upgrade ect? Again money is not an issue i'm happy to put up a few hundred quid a year if it saves me having to get fight home.

Any info Much appreciated.

Ask the Thai about it when giving your job interview.

Ask him/her about work permits as well..................thumbsup.gif

Edit: It would be much better for you to post this in the Visa section:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

Edited by chrisinth

Dear Toby

I think normally a few members would get back to you about the best way forward for your visa and help.

However as you might have realised the country has been totally taken over by a military junta. Even the police has been taken over by the Navy in Pattaya.

I would suggest you contact the embassy in London, and read up on visa requirements on the Thai Gov website.

The concept of having a few hundred pounds to ease your way has long gone- so just make the effort and get a legal visa- otherwise you may not be able to enjoy your new condo in Pattaya. Do not even consider ever offering some sort of bribe ( if that is what you meant )

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks Guy's,

Yes he has been very helpful and again suggested getting a full visa (whatever that entails) followed by a work permit from the LD

Again what I meant by the cost was I don't mind paying for a proper and legit Visa if they are available even if it has a price tag attached.

Sorry to hear about the problems out there, Hope the whole thing will blow over soon and no one gets caught out in the curfew. (looks like going out for a beer when I land is off the card!)

Main piece of advice I can give is that the site is mostly old people. Like really old, granddad age. It can be interesting talking to granddad and hearing all the stories about the war, but just remember to nod and smile when he starts his daily rantings.

Edited by celso
  • Like 1

That's Ok =P

I have rants of my own lol, its called a UK with no Jobs or opportunities for young educated people and ball crushing women haha

Wouldn't surprise me is Asia as a whole sees an influx of younger guys but as most of them have 0 cash, that wont happen so the old veterans will be ok ;)

Ok Will go to the Visa Forum,

Thanks for the advice guys, (not to the moronic complainers of spelling)

I've already moved you to the Visa forum so no need to start a new topic.

Also off topic and spelling police posts removed.

• Like 1

If obtained just before your departure, a triple entry tourist visa will currently give you almost 270 days with two border runs and three 30 day extensions.

• Like 1

You should get a tourist visa to start with. Each entry of a tourist visa entry gives you 60 days that can be extended at immigration.for 30 days. As said a 3 entry tourist visa can give you almost 9 months total stay.

If you have the money to buy a condo perhaps you should consider the 10 million baht investment extension of stay. You can combine the condo purchase with the remainder in bank accounts, bonds and etc.

Interesting stuff!, both the 3 entry and the investment extension.

How much does the 3 entry cost roughly before you leave? Is it obtained at the embassy . . I took the advice of some other members and online was quoted £125 or so?

With the investment extension of 10m thb can that be based on non tangible assets in the UK, i.e property and shared in UK companies?

With the investment extension of 10m thb can that be based on non tangible assets in the UK, i.e property and shared in UK companies?

10 mil remitted into Thailand and invested in authorized investments. Condo, Thai Gov Bonds, Savings accounts, etc.

Just having 10 mil doesnt count.. Inward investment to Thailand.

A tourist visa costs 25 pounds per entry. The 125 number is for a multiple entry non immigrant visa.

You can submit an application by mail to the embassy or in person. Info: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/4

You can can apply in person at one of the consulates.. Consulate contact info here: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/179