'Terror plot' suspects arrested

Lite Beer

propaganda .... i find it amusing the general ( i use that word lightly) shuts down the media but allows this type of reporting to get coverage ... we are in an interesting stage here , do not think for one minute all is well ....never forget the dictators of the past ..now we are in the hands of one old mans ego driven crusade ...Mugabe , Hitler , Pol pot , Mussolini , Franco , ..get the picture ? early signs are scary ..Martial law then Coup ? ( nice forward planning) pay the rice farmers from general revenue ? detaining people with no public news of the safety of these individuals ...curfew across the whole of Thailand( why) ....meanwhile the Armies priority of resolving the problems in the Sth just get worse daily ( more deaths last night) ... time to think about leaving imo

Prayuth is publicizing this because he wants the Reds to see what's going on. He wants the Reds and their leaders to know that those arrested are singing like canaries, and that one arrest will lead to another.

The military is operating in every jangwat, thus it makes sense the curfew is country-wide.

As for what is happening in the south: try reading some of the Thai social media. You might be surprised. Politics makes strange bedfellows indeed!

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@valvenus ... u need to come live and in Isaan.... posting you tube clips of a fire at the KK prov hall in 2010..so what ? same people , same town blah blah blah ... we now have a dictatorship , a general who"s army consists of mainly men from what region ? duh ? Isaan ...now do you think they will turn on their own families if it gets to that ? the rules have changed, unlike the past , we live by the rule of one man ... forget pissing competitions over the shins and suthep .... reds v yellows .... dream on if you think this will just wash away overnight ....

No, there's a good chance it'll take a couple of years.

But there's also a good chance Thailand will be better for it.

• Like 2

I'm finding very hard to believe any of this propaganda being dished out by this junta.

First there wasn't going to be a coup now there is .Then when there was the claimn of neutrality and there clearly isn't .

Academics scholars lawyers reporters politicians or anyone who dares speaks out against the coup are rounded up and so called detained with no reports of where they have good and what condition they are in only juntas word.

The coup flies against thai and international law and rightly so is being condemned from all corners of the globe.

A couple of hundred protesters staged a protest at victory monument and chased the soldiers away a brave act indeed by these young people however I fear that it's becoming so volatile that one spark could ignite this into full blown confrontation .

Unfortunately for this young generation they are left dismayed bewildered and frustrated by the loss of democracy and the tearing up of the constitution .

I just can't see how anyone supports these heavy handed tactics!

Smacks of 2010 with weapons laid out on the table for everybody to inspect. Red shirts..attack in Khon Kaen...red shirt heartland...something wrong here. Any way more human shields for this Junta to use.

McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism.

... and that has exactly what bearing on a group of terrorists found red-handed with their war weapons...?!

Every item of news during this time of an army run state should be totally dis believed .

• Like 1

The Army's goal from the first was to catch incoming weapons to fuel Thaksin's private terrorists. Then to catch the terrorists. Silly Knee Jerks get bent out of shape about "democracy" while the Bin Laden of Thailand, Thaksin, plans and executes his reign of terror and destruction of Thailand. Thai democracy will be waiting patiently to come back after this madman and his henchmen are controlled. Go get em, Army!

I'm finding very hard to believe any of this propaganda being dished out by this junta.

First there wasn't going to be a coup now there is .Then when there was the claimn of neutrality and there clearly isn't .

Academics scholars lawyers reporters politicians or anyone who dares speaks out against the coup are rounded up and so called detained with no reports of where they have good and what condition they are in only juntas word.

The coup flies against thai and international law and rightly so is being condemned from all corners of the globe.

A couple of hundred protesters staged a protest at victory monument and chased the soldiers away a brave act indeed by these young people however I fear that it's becoming so volatile that one spark could ignite this into full blown confrontation .

Unfortunately for this young generation they are left dismayed bewildered and frustrated by the loss of democracy and the tearing up of the constitution .

• Like 2

The Army's goal from the first was to catch incoming weapons to fuel Thaksin's private terrorists. Then to catch the terrorists. Silly Knee Jerks get bent out of shape about "democracy" while the Bin Laden of Thailand, Thaksin, plans and executes his reign of terror and destruction of Thailand. Thai democracy will be waiting patiently to come back after this madman and his henchmen are controlled. Go get em, Army!

• Like 1

You prefer government in exile from Dubai, there was never fairness with the PTP which was on full display when the anti-government folks are being bombed and shot and it is protection for the red shirts the CPOA was most interested in. I do not agree with the coup either but in all fairness what was left the care taker government was ineffectual and the demonstrators from both sides would not relent. Better solution if you have one.

• Like 1

McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, or treason without proper regard for evidence. It also means "the practice of making unfair allegations or using unfair investigative techniques, especially in order to restrict dissent or political criticism.

Thanks for the history lesson tell me how that applies here. Everyone with an ounce of brain matter knows reds are violent.

Just look at 2010 and more recent look at what side had almost all the casualties (anti government). Even before the army stepped in reds were found with war weapons. This is quite credible.. except if your a die hard farang red supporter.

• Like 2

propaganda .... i find it amusing the general ( i use that word lightly) shuts down the media but allows this type of reporting to get coverage ... we are in an interesting stage here , do not think for one minute all is well ....never forget the dictators of the past ..now we are in the hands of one old mans ego driven crusade ...Mugabe , Hitler , Pol pot , Mussolini , Franco , ..get the picture ? early signs are scary ..Martial law then Coup ? ( nice forward planning) pay the rice farmers from general revenue ? detaining people with no public news of the safety of these individuals ...curfew across the whole of Thailand( why) ....meanwhile the Armies priority of resolving the problems in the Sth just get worse daily ( more deaths last night) ... time to think about leaving imo

you left Big T out of your list of tyrants

• Like 1

@valvenus ... u need to come live and in Isaan.... posting you tube clips of a fire at the KK prov hall in 2010..so what ? same people , same town blah blah blah ... we now have a dictatorship , a general who"s army consists of mainly men from what region ? duh ? Isaan ...now do you think they will turn on their own families if it gets to that ? the rules have changed, unlike the past , we live by the rule of one man ... forget pissing competitions over the shins and suthep .... reds v yellows .... dream on if you think this will just wash away overnight ....

I live in Issan, so could you explain what difference it makes living here? Life seems to be going on as normal.

Where are Issan people from? So why would they attack their own? Duh? There have been a few posts on this thread answering this question for you. Which leads to:

Do I think soldiers from Issan will turn on their own people? Absolutely. There may be a few dissenters, but history shows that soldiers and police in most countries are more than happy to dish out beatings and death on their 'own people'. I don't see why Thailand should break the mould.

I have no crystal ball, but don't foresee the totalitarian dictatorship that you seem to be predicting.

Thailand isn't perfect (where is?), but at the moment I see a solution to a problem that wasn't going away.

I agree this won't wash away overnight, but may not be a concern for you as 'time to think about leaving imo '

Want a lift to the airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

a solution ? really please tell us of your solution lol ... we are in a dictatorship NOW ..wake up ..he can dictate his army to do anything he likes , he can freeze our bank accts , close the schools , close airports , ports , borders , uni , schools ... you get the picture ? one man has control ... a career army desk officer is now in charge of the Kingdom ..when foreign money stops coming into the country , the economic tsunami will begin , followed by the civil war thats been looming for decades ....u may dream all you like that life in Udon is peachy , but i suggest you look at history and the present point in time in thailand , try and find something positive for me !! it is a concern for me as i have been a long term resident , have children here , investments etc etc ..i see only bad in the short to mid term future here .. i appreciate the lift but you will never find me out here in the sticks ...

probably planning to attack non-combatants and children, in the usual fashion.

Yes let us not forget Trad, and the response of the red leaders (smiling happy) until a few of the smarter ones realized it was bad for PR.

Also let us not forget the burning of BKK in 2010.

So yes what the army is doing now is needed unfortunately because dear leader T wants to win at all cost.

• Like 2

... and that has exactly what bearing on a group of terrorists found red-handed with their war weapons...?!

Every item of news during this time of an army run state should be totally dis believed .

It's not about beliefs, it's about facts.

Past beheaviour is the best predictor of present beheaviour, would you like me to cite previous acts of terrorism by Red Shirts? Because they have carried many before, what makes you believe they won't do it again?

Read up on Sakdina.

@valvenus ... u need to come live and in Isaan.... posting you tube clips of a fire at the KK prov hall in 2010..so what ? same people , same town blah blah blah ...

It was posted to show why Issanites might want to have weapons to attack targets in Issan.

It was shown as an explanation of your earlier confused questions.

why would the red shirts be planning attacks on their own turf? does not make sense to me

• Like 2

Who was that character in Dad's Army that was always saying 'we're doomed'.

cdmtdm, I get the odd day when I'm a 'glass is half empty' person. I think you are having one of those days.

I've only been here 7 months, have no kids but thus far have invested around 4 million baht in Thailand. And there's more investment to follow, providing I'm not dead or kicked out.

Before I decided to come here I did spend some time on google. I'm a little surprised, that in a country with a history of how many coups since 1932?, you seem a little surprised there's been a coup.

I hope to stay in Thailand for the duration (of my life) and enjoy the beauty I have found here. God (and General) willing, that is the case.

I have some concerns over the current situation, but stressing over what the General may or may not do is not going to change anything. Go with the flow on this one. If we get shot, it was our time. If you are Buddhist, maybe you get to come back as a general next time smile.png

If we get kicked out, we have roots here, maybe we get to come back next year or in 5 years and continue where we left off.

What's the worst case scenario for you? I'll see if I can put a positive angle onto it for you - I'd like to share some of my peachy outlook with you.

this is not the first coup or political war i have been through here in the Kingdom , i am no fan of any political party here , i support the Monarchy ... what has changed is the self appointed power one man has , that is no good for anyone, short term or long term ...history will show it never ends peacefully ... look at Cambodia , Burma .... still basket cases after 20 years ... surely a poor constitution was better than none , a functioning govt , electoral system etc ... now what do we have ? not even a hint of an election ......

That applies much more to every item that came or will ever come from ptp(or what new name in the future), "udd" or the shin clan

don't forget the coup was necessary to remove those ill intended people from continuing to ill use of power

Been out in the field planting banana trees. I do like working with plants and animals. Very relaxing.

It's getting a bit hot so I've come inside to one of my other little pleasures - air conditioning.

While out in the field, I had a moment of clarity. While we're busy worrying about our futures, what about the poor General?

Best case scenario, he becomes the saviour of the nation and is remembered in Thai history for centuries. Worst case scenario, everything goes pear shaped and he has to do a runner in fear of his life.

Countless scenarios in between these 2 extremes.

Standing up and saying 'as of right now, I'm the man in charge' is a massive undertaking.

I hope things head in the direction of best case scenario, but I wouldn't swap places with the General for all the rice in Thailand.

My world feels even more peachy now :)

why would the red shirts be planning attacks on their own turf? does not make sense to me , is the army trying to turn the Isaan people against the red shirt movement ? planning attacks in Bkk or the Sth yes but this no way .....more propaganda the same crap over and over ...

Let me tell you about a guy that had an airplane hijacked in his country with box cutters. trained his people on how to get on the airplane using his own country.

The taliban started out the same way. They start where they are assured victory to try it out. It makes it easier if there are bugs in the system. Then they build to other more difficult areas.

let's face it they were not going to going after supporters in Khon kaen but the military would be a different target.

Take an easy target first then work t the most difficult. You take over the North then your followers start ot want to do it in other areas.

Do you not folow the news. Just look at where the islamic jihad are the most active>