NCPO cites three reasons to explain to need for coup making: Winthai

Lite Beer

I don't need an explanation for the coup because I am very very happy with the military coup.

However the explanation is satisfactory.

The pathetic Red comments are a sign that it's a good explanation

Obviously the Reds are suffering because their corrupt money supply has been cut off.

Now the Reds might have to work for a living instead of relying on lies and corruption.

What you said is so e a s y, and actually a repetition of words from other people so you don't even need to think about it -- it's just cut and paste.. So simple. The people here don't work, they spend all year waiting for a handout. That guy that sells sausages on the corner every day, he isn't working. And how dare he vote for the reds? And that girl selling grilled squid at the talad who voted for Yingluck, she isn't working, no, she is just going through the motions as she wipes the sweat from her face and takes my twenty baht. No. It's all an illusion. These reds don't work, they are just pretending to work while they wait for the next payment from Dubai.

Thanks for making it all so clear.

Snark.

You left out the chow na who were ripped off by the Reds and then bullied when they complained ... they also voted Red ... but never again

You carefully avoided talking about anything that you cannot address. Very brave. No one on TVF has ever admitted being wrong, or incomplete in criticism. You dodge. You evade. You change subjects.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh dear ohh dear ohh dear..... Ive just discovered that when I look at a map of Thailand it has no neighbours, not part of any international or regional community, has the only economy in the word where direct foreign investment isn't important, doesn't plan or need to join any communities in the future and basically has it all figured out

Jonathan Swift was a master in writing about Lilliput. which I now realise was a euphemism for Land of Smiles.... Thailand just watch out when Gulliver steps ashore..... he may come with a T shirt saying " Global and Economic Realities .... here we are.... and your screwed...... for whom the bell tolls Thailand .......for whom the bell tolls

• Like 1

I think this man deliberately speaks poor English to obscure the fact that he is an idiot. I particularly like, "Democratic ruling in Thailand has caused a lot of lives." biggrin.png

I think the idiot is the translator/ reporter

democracy: the most misunderstood word in Thailand. Democracy does not mean you have to do what Taksin and his lackies tell you what to do!

Thailand is 'special' because people dont follow the laws and the police dont enforce them. Money buys power and privilege and those that have it enforce their own view of democracy.

I am glad a coup occurred. Now Thai people are free from the Shinawatras grip on the country. Like the Marcos's did in the Philippines.

Your comparison with Marcos is perfect.

+1

democracy: the most misunderstood word in Thailand. Democracy does not mean you have to do what Taksin and his lackies tell you what to do!

Thailand is 'special' because people dont follow the laws and the police dont enforce them. Money buys power and privilege and those that have it enforce their own view of democracy.

I am glad a coup occurred. Now Thai people are free from the Shinawatras grip on the country. Like the Marcos's did in the Philippines.

Would that be the same Ferdinand Marcos who imposed Martial Law in 1972 and then disbanded Congress, imprisoned opposition politicians, critics and militant activists before changing large parts of the constitution???

(Edited year)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, that's him ... Thaksin's role model.

+1 right down to stealing a large amount from the countries treasury.

I don't suppose YS has as many shoes as Imelda, but there are other similarities

Before you red apologists start I know Imelda was his wife, not sister.

Edited by Gunna

Could not have said it better myself. This was not a democracy it was a den of theives. A page should be taken from the chinese book and any corruption. at any level should have severe penalties. It does not matter whether the amount of money is 500 to a policemen to avoid a larger fine or 1,000,000 to a Thaksin clan member to get a job done. Corruption is corruption and it has to be stopped. I believe that at this time the cost of building is about double what it should be due to these greedy little theives that think a goverment job is a license to steal. All Thais pay the price for this. Change is needed and I hope the General can do it.

Reason number 3 is worrying!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Very worrying. They would have canceled opposition to Japan and Germany (WW II), based on that reasoning. Oops, I think actually Thailand did cancel opposition, now that I think about it. It must have been to save lives.

If they really wanted to save lives they would have done something about the road casualties (declare a curfew on the roads and other draconian measures) and the terrorism in the south. Yes, I know their arguments are specious, smokescreen pablum ... just sayin'.

Edited by MaxYakov

Why do anyone want to compare any country with each other, especially Thailand. We all know how Thainess works. It's the reason that Thailand has stayed out of so many wars while other countries destroy themselves. No one has the right solution to any problem, but we all have to agree that Thailand's way works best in Thailand. So give Thailand a benefit of the doubt. We all know that corruption exist in every democratic society. And that politicians will use democracy to exploit their criminal activities. Even US has it's share of corruptions. Look at all the lobbyist. And US is the last people to talk about dealing with national issues. All USA knows how to do is start wars and use their military might to dictate what democracy should be around the globe. Even the civil war caused lives, hundreds of thousands of lives. I would rather have lots of coup than a civil war. Thank goodness Thais do not fall into that trap.

• Like 1

Yes I hope yingy does read me a bedtime story!

I like the fairy tales mostly.

Like the one where the thai military always supports democracy !

It does! It just happens to be the militarized version (with the obligatory Thainess component, of course).

Edited by MaxYakov

It will be interesting to see how the many pro coup farangs ranting away on TV change their tune. Time will tell. The reasons given for the coup show just how out of touch these guys are with the international community.

If the world reduced all things so easily life might be much simpler; but it would be dark. It may reduce this simply for you, however. I hardly think any westerner is "pro coup." The mere notion smacks of pejorative. Clearly you club others under the guise of peace.

Thailand had no good options remaining with the nation's trajectory the way it was. At a loss for any meaningful way forward many people did welcome something drastic (coup) in the hopes that there might be light at the end of the tunnel. The sadder commentary would actually be upon those who assert that things were fine the way they were. You cant have it both or every way. According to your logic, if one is not "pro coup" its suggested they were pro status quo. It takes little courage to embrace mediocrity.

Thailand is/was in a failed State spiral with divisions increasingly cementing into isolated groups, resentment, intractable discourse, and deepening sentiments. The end result would not have been love, liberty, and camp fire songs. A fair estimation of political insanity might be "repeating the same action over and over but expecting a different result." The results were all the same. So, to paint the people who are hoping for a real settlement, a solution, as somehow "pro coup" reflects poorly. Few people are pro war, pro chaos, pro madness.

TIP: Irrespective of what the talking heads at the military state to the international media, if you have been living in Thailand and wait with bated breath for the justification for military action, you clearly have not been paying attention. I think its fair to surmise that the "pro coup" population of TV do not require an explanation for their actions; we already know. We get it!

• Like 1

Reasons for the coup (1 & 3 especially) are giving a very clear indication of the fact that they do not plan to hand back control to civilians until the civilians can be controlled to do the right thing. Appointed rule is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

It's all speculation of course, but it seems to me that indications are that you are right. The last coup seemed much clearer about what had to be done, after which civilian rule would return. What I've seen so far suggests that the current junta are digging in for an undetermined length of time.

I guess it'll be ok in terms of everyday living, and law and order should improve in the short term. The longer term consequences of military rule may result in a gradual deterioration in the security situation as resentment builds and opposer of the coup put their heads above the parapet.

Economically, the military will likely under perform if one uses other military ruled countries as a yardstick. I think that is the Juntas Achilles heel in the longer term. People who become poorer usually become resentful.

Hope the General has thought this through to some kind of end game where the population of Thailand are better off.

Edited by Carrerakiss

This days word "DEMOCRACY" is so often used in this forum as natural thing which should occur to every human in the world......is it really happening and fully recognized in this "democratic" world around us???

Somehow some people here leaving own opinions on this site just forgetting that democracy is not the best system for humanity... (surprised ? )

Another thing about democracy is that people are using this word so often even knowing basic rules somehow did not see that corrupted democracy is actually worst for human that some kind of dictatorship ...in case that dictator have more human feelings like "rightfully" elected democratic government.

I am trying to be liberal reading all post here but do not understand why so much anger in many posts or just simply hatred for things happen just now in Thailand?

Did ? Thailand had another better options? then coup?

Hey anybody have better idea how to make it easier life for Thai people??? without coup?

Is everything working perfect in your home country under your home "democracy" ???

really????

YES????? .......then why are you here ???

in Thailand?

I have a feeling that many just prefer old school of corruption and "democracy"

Reasons for the coup (1 & 3 especially) are giving a very clear indication of the fact that they do not plan to hand back control to civilians until the civilians can be controlled to do the right thing. Appointed rule is here to stay for the foreseeable future.[/size]

I hope not. The civilians will not choose to do the right

thing for a long time. I reckon it will take two generations to educate them so they can figure out the rite from wrong. That is if the General starts them on the path to a decent education. He has much to do including as you can see ALL the past governments screw ups

So where are you from with your decent education?

Its right not rite.

• Like 1

I don't need an explanation for the coup because I am very very happy with the military coup.

However the explanation is satisfactory.

The pathetic Red comments are a sign that it's a good explanation

Obviously the Reds are suffering because their corrupt money supply has been cut off.

Now the Reds might have to work for a living instead of relying on lies and corruption.

Oh you mean like Suthep and his elite buddies worked so hard. Oh where is wonder boy by the way?, he's gone very quiet, slinked off back down his hole with his money I expect.

It really makes me laugh, all these bitter and twisted old ex pats slamming the reds for all the corruption when corruption was rife in Thailand long before Thaksin.

When all this is over, corruption will still be around in some fortm, thats Thailand and if and when the next election is held the reds will win.

The army is again distorting and twisting the truth and trying to blame on pro government groups. They had plenty of time and opportunities to prevent political protests from escalating into loss of lives and armed struggled inorder to liberate Thailand.

The armed forces have no legitimacy to seize power from from the government and blamed it on the loss of life and armed struggle.

The dem, pdrc were allowed their insurrection activities with impunity. The court ignored evidence produced by the government that pdrc and anti-government groups were armed. They allowed them to continue their occupation of government buildings and threatened workers to stop works to join their rallies.

The courts also obstructed the law enforcement agencies from maintaining law and order, reinstating rule of law and enforcement of rule of law citing that the demonstrations were peaceful and unarmed. This was an insult to the judiciary in view of the evidences produced by everyday real time eye witnesses not just documented by the law enforcement agencies.

Instead of supporting the law enforcement agencies, the armed forces were used to guard the rebels and they warned the law enforcement agencies to not using their appropriate legitimate force to restore law and order and reinstating rule of law.

The people's resistance is understandable and more illegitimate force by the armed forces will further strengthen the need for armed struggles and force the people to go 'underground' like during the '70s.

It is time for the armed forces to return power back to the people and support election. Crush any effort to block, sabotage the election.

A big congratulation to Gen. Prayuth Chan-o-cha on a job well done in rounding up the mess that has been plaguing this country for the last 8 years. It is very clear that democracy does not work for Thailand as the society is not structured in such a way that it can be accepted widely by all. Thailand has not matured that way. There is nothing wrong with this fact as we know that there are a lot of other nations in our region such as Singapore and China that do not adhere to full democracy but are still able to progress and prosper better than other countries that does. Multiple wasteful elections have failed to bring the nation together as one, stalling the country and leaving its citizens physically and intellectually handicapped. Thais must not let the west impose their rules and system on us.

It is time for the new government under General Prayuth to bring real order into Thailand and rid us of vices and crimes and introduce economic policies for the betterment of all Thais. There must be restrictions and there must be control. Everything is too loose in Thailand. We need a new grip now!

• Like 2

Thousands starting to gather at Victory Monument

https://twitter.com/littlepuppet123/status/470483119254958080/photo/1

Realistically that is a few hundred. I've told you a million times not to exagerate. Silly people will just get themselves into trouble. They should go home & give the General a fortnight before even thinking of doing this. As someone else said, " it is not like they were living in a democracy before last week."

Actually its grown since then and I suspect all you coup lovers are going to be a bit disappointed if the Thai people decide they really dont like this coup.

A big congratulation to Gen. Prayuth Chan-o-cha on a job well done in rounding up the mess that has been plaguing this country for the last 8 years. It is very clear that democracy does not work for Thailand as the society is not structured in such a way that it can be accepted widely by all. Thailand has not matured that way. There is nothing wrong with this fact as we know that there are a lot of other nations in our region such as Singapore and China that do not adhere to full democracy but are still able to progress and prosper better than other countries that does. Multiple wasteful elections have failed to bring the nation together as one, stalling the country and leaving its citizens physically and intellectually handicapped. Thais must not let the west impose their rules and system on us.

It is time for the new government under General Prayuth to bring real order into Thailand and rid us of vices and crimes and introduce economic policies for the betterment of all Thais. There must be restrictions and there must be control. Everything is too loose in Thailand. We need a new grip now!

Bravo.

Slowly, but more and more people see the truth of "democracy" .....

You can not apply same rules of democracy to whole world and specially where people do not understand what really it will give them.

• Like 2

Would that be the same Ferdinand Marcos who imposed Martial Law in 1972 and then disbanded Congress, imprisoned opposition politicians, critics and militant activists before changing large parts of the constitution???

(Edited year)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, that's him ... Thaksin's role model.

Are you able to open your eyes, and see that a (maybe) dictatorship, has been taken over by another dictatorship?

Can you even recognize it? Now you cheer because Thaksin has been obliterated.

Tomorrow they will touch your rights, and what you will do? (If you live in Thailand of course, and if you have any interests here).

• Like 1

My! who wrote that headline? Like the Thai general who said on a BBC news clip that "they would hold Thaksin for seven day or a week"

1) Thailand has different situation and political environment to other countries. "What a odd thin excuse"

"2) The military has clear evidences and reasons to seize power. The evidences and reasons will later be shown to the international community".

We wait with bated breath for this amazing revelation and justification for it would have to be big justify the crimes now being committed by this power hungry general

"3) Democratic ruling in Thailand has caused a lot of lives."

Key word here is Democratic, as opposed to death by dictatorship, and it will come sadly when the army start to flex there power further.

I think the message should simply be: "Please bear with us, we will return the county to the people as we did after 2006. We took control to end the bloodshed and to stop it further escalating into civil war, which was becoming more and more likely. We realise the international community does not understand the Thai political and cultural environment, so we humbly ask that you just sit back and watch this space."

One only has to look at the posts on this forum, of people from the international community that lived here and/or have a relationship with the country, to see how ill informed and unknowable many are as to the cultural, historical and political environment here. How can anyone expect people relying on nothing but tainted news releases, and no real want to understand, to have any real understanding at all.

He should just get on, ignore the international community's whimsical chatter, and once done (reforms - weeding out the bad apples - etc), hand it back to the people (by way of elections); then the IC will sit back and pat itself on the back and pretend it was external pressure that returned "democracy" to Thailand. Invite in UN, the various NGOs that like to watch over countries (Amnesty Int etc) to come take a ringside seat, and show transparency, and a plan to move the country back to peace and democracy. The world will get bored pretty quickly and leave him to get on with it.

• Like 2

The three reasons are:

1) Thailand has different situation and political environment to other countries......THAI law based on UK, GERMAN AND JAPANESE LAW...SORRY BUT CORRIUPTION IS THAILAND REAL PROBLEM

2) The military has clear evidences and reasons to seize power. The evidences and reasons will later be shown to the international community....HOW ABOUT TELLING NOW?

3) Democratic ruling in Thailand has caused a lot of lives......THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM THEY DONT WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE THE FREEDOM UNDER DEMOCRACY

ALL BULLCROP bah.gif

Terry: I really object to your post. It shows little understanding of what has been happening in this country for many years.

Firstly to correct you: Most of Thai law is based on French law.

The military will explain the reasons when they are ready to do so. Not when you tell them to. But anyone who has any acumen whatsoever know those reasons. Thaksin has been trying to take total control, outside of any democratic process, for many years.

The real reason is that the military DO want people to have freedom under democracy. The fact that they've taken control at the moment is to stop those wanting to take power for themselves and their family. The evidence is so overwhelming that it beggars belief that people like you, who presumably can read and write, don't understand this.

• Like 2

Are you able to open your eyes, and see that a (maybe) dictatorship, has been taken over by another dictatorship?

Can you even recognize it? Now you cheer because Thaksin has been obliterated.

Tomorrow they will touch your rights, and what you will do? (If you live in Thailand of course, and if you have any interests here).

Just the same as was said in the 2006 coup - "They will never return power", "dictatorship", bla bla bla - and then, they handed it back to the electorate as they said they would all along.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It will be interesting to see how the many pro coup farangs ranting away on TV change their tune. Time will tell. The reasons given for the coup show just how out of touch these guys are with the international community.

And not just out of touch, for any one to sanction such an act is clearly not really funchioning too well, or they might be Russian. Bad democracy can always improve at the poll, Dictators only get worse.