Thailand's most expensive car number plate

I often wonder :

You can go to many places all over Thailand and get a Licence Plate "Customised" - in other words the background, the Font, the overall appearance of the Plate etc., and none of them ask to see your Registration Papers.

Suppose you go to one of these places and, for a fee obviously, have a Plate made up with your own idea of an "important" or "auspicious" looking Number - Thai letters followed by "9999" or whatever - and then you pinned that Plate to your simple Toyota Camry, Fortuner - whatever?

Do you think any Thai policeman would dare pull you over to check your Documents?

That would be one sure way to get your car impounded if the constabulary were suspicious and wanted to check your plates against the blue book. Also your personal liberty would be in jeopardy!

Can't fix your miss-quote where you added to my Post :

" That would be one sure way to get your car impounded if the constabulary were suspicious and wanted to check your plates against the blue book. Also your personal liberty would be in jeopardy!"

Unfortunately you totally miss MY point - yes, if you were stopped and Documents examined you would be in trouble :

BUT - as I say in my Post :

"Do you think any Thai policeman would dare pull you over to check your Documents?"

I very much doubt that.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

While some people doesn´t have money for food, some people are prepared to pay 25 milion for a god damn car number plate

I see, u think that life is fair cheesy.gif

Some farmers should see this video...Deputy can afford it in such young age...nasonchai...

While some people doesn´t have money for food, some people are prepared to pay 25 milion for a god damn car number plate

How is that different from the west where people pay 10 times that for some old, useless painting?

And hunger is a far greater problem in the west than it is in Thailand.

food-stamps.jpg

Nobody wants five 1 on the license plate. What's that a new low? Lol.

A single digit -1- is the dopest.

But that belongs to daddy.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How is that different from the west where people pay 10 times that for some old, useless painting?

No, different at all. I do not compare an idiotic behavior with another idiotic behavior.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In the south of England at this moment there is a Mercedes carrying the number plate THAI-1.

Really, I have no idea who owns it.

Don't know about here but there is currently one in the UK reading THAI 1, bet that wasn't cheap.

No there isn't, the registration referred to reads THA 11, not THA I1

Probably a Dammed Good Investment and if I was close I would buy it if I could.

They can only make one of these plates which makes it very valuable from the start. Now picture this. So Rich Kid get his first new Ferrari from Dear Old Dad. The cost is about $300,000 plus options. With a special car like this what do you think he would be willing to pay extra for this special license plate? Or the Dealership? I bet more than $1,000! Try $10,000 or more!

In the south of England at this moment there is a Mercedes carrying the number plate THAI-1.

Really, I have no idea who owns it.

Thai1.com anybody?

I remember HK888 being sold in HK many years ago for silly money!

Edited by Thailand

• 7 years later...