Automatic Mop Buckets - Go Cheap or Top-Of-The-Line

NanLaew

The wife has left me. The only chance of her coming back is if I get here one of those 'hurricane' floor mopping buckets. These are the ones with a spinning mop head and a pedal-operated mechanism in one half of the bucket that 'wrings' out the mop head. Looks something like this.

post-35874-0-22656700-1401161874_thumb.j

Now there's a huge variation in price and construction from what I can see. The ones under 500 baht tend to be all-plastic affairs with small mop heads whilst the ones nearer 2000 baht have steel bits and bobs and look much more resilient.

So anyone who has invested (or been commanded to invest) in such a device, please give your honest and earnest advice on what's the best value for money. Further, if they are all just 'spin' and not really worth the bother, let me know.

Thanks!

NL

Bought one for around 1000 baht from Homeworks about 4 years ago, still working but the metal attachments are rusting out now. Also the spin never seems to really get out all the excess water. I wish you could buy the old style, pedal operated, galvanised bucket with the wringer at the top., they lasted forever.

post-130068-0-24805200-1401163671_thumb.

Edited by giddyup

Serious answer is that I think this is a fad which hs been going for about a year so is about to lose its novelty but you really have no choice to buy one. In the end it will sit in the corner together with the Betamax video Player and the 4 track cassette player.

I think with everything if you want it to work you have to buy reasonable quality so unless you want it abandoned even more quickly as it never washes the floor buy a better one.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Serious answer is that I think this is a fad which hs been going for about a year so is about to lose its novelty but you really have no choice to buy one. In the end it will sit in the corner together with the Betamax video Player and the 4 track cassette player.
I think with everything if you want it to work you have to buy reasonable quality so unless you want it abandoned even more quickly as it never washes the floor buy a better one.

Not sure about it being a fad, they have been around quite a while now. Ours has been used almost daily for over 4 years, so hardly a novelty either.

• Like 1

Are you talking about the spin bucket or the wife?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well you get what you pay for ,there are some other mop options check Makro,but really she left you over a mop?Whats next.

I think the OP's comments about the wife may have been tongue in cheek.

We've got one of those spinning mop things. It gets used and seems to have lasted for about 12 months or so without a problem.

One thing that escapes me though is why she leaves the bucket outside the back door and goes to/from the bucket to rinse the mop multiple times - even when she's cleaning the upstairs floors.

Had a 1000 baht one which lasted 3 months so went for the SAS version in full combat armour plating for about 1800 baht which seems a ridiculous amount of money for a bucket and mop. 3 months on it looks as good as new. Never touched it myself but the cleaner tells me it is good and my floors are gleaming.

Edited by Sigurris

GF brought the one in the original picture for around 600 baht at Big C Extra about a month ago. She seems to like it however It doesn't really do a good job of spinning the water out. Floor does dry pretty fast though. So we are satisfied. Not sure if the more expensive one does a better job of spinning out the water, but this works for us.

We bought the one with the metal bits and it appears to be quite well made. Just don't try the, flip the old mop head of the handle with your foot trick. Girl in Home Pro showed my wife this. She tried it and snapped the end off the mop.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I give Madam the very best cleaning tools money can buy, carte blanch on any tool she wants. In fact, I seek out the newest time saving cleaning gadgets.

For her birthday I got her an steamer iron. She has a smile on her face every time she uses it.

Don't be keenio. Giving her great cleaning tools is better than giving her gold. wai2.gif

My Broom Pilot T/gf said this is the best thing since sliced bread it spins the mop almost dry to finish off the floor, it is a real pleasure for me to see her so happy cleaning the house.

I have told her in the past that she looks very young and sexy when she is doing housework and cooking, it has worked so far

Make sure you buy the good one it resists damage when thrown at you, and the bigger mop head is softer when used as a spear from across the room.

I hope this has helped in your decision

• Like 1