Mass police transfer in new purge at Royal Thai Police force

webfact

"redshirt infested provinces"

What the ****?

I'm guessing that's bad translation. At least I'm hoping that is what it is.

If these police sections are biased towards red shirts and my wife seems to think they are then a good job but there needs to be similar action in other areas that lean the other way.

• Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have noticed that police are stopping bikes where riders have no helmets in Chiang Mai looking at docs but not collecting money. Very nice for a change.

It seems to me the army is better planned and has an action plan unlike the monkeys on both sides of government who said they had a plan.

I am called in to the BOI to do business which has been getting stuffed around for over a year now.

The general means business and so far it seems to be going good

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 2

so you know the political stances of every single forum member then ginjag? wink.png

I do love your maths though, what was the percentage of those protesting compared to the overall percentage of the population? biggrin.png

Nothing wrong with the moves, as a new broom sweeps clean so they say.

Answer to the first question, No I don't know for sure-no one does-BUT when over 3 years of debate on TVF how many post, looked like about 10 denialists to 1000 critics.

The second is unmeasurable, as not everyone has access to BKK. BUT WE are talking about TVF farrangs are we not ??? so your second sentence is not the subject.

What the ****?

infested

1. (of insects or animals) be present (in a place or site) in large numbers, typically so as to cause damage or disease.

I'm well aware of the definition and admire your prowess at cut and paste but I fail to see how applying that kind of description to a large group of people is helpful in this time of tension.

You and others with your mindset are part of the problem.

Yes must agree - not a good choice of words (most likely the translator/media rather than the order I think) - "strongholds" would have been a less offensive word.

• Like 2

Moved to inactive posts. Nothing changes! Why are they not sacked or prosecuted for allowing mass corruption in their departments? Or maybe the new rulers are just as happy with corruption as every one else, they just want new corrupt people who are not loyal to the man in Dubai

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thai Labor Law is the reason they are not sacked.

Prosecution is a separate thing entirely. Moving them to an inactive post does not mean they will not be prosecuted.

• Like 2

What the ****?

I guess the yellow shirt infested provinces will be dealt with at a later date?

Difference here, red villages---on entering--This is a red shirt area/village. red flags headman as bent as a hairpin. This is in so many areas, please have your own voting preferences healthy--BUT control by the headman NO NO.

Yellow is outdated near everywhere -better you Quote something like "other than red" areas this is more grown up.

To remind you at a later date mega YELLOW (as you put it) areas will relax much more than the fanatical red. This is the difference.

• Like 1

Moved to inactive posts. Nothing changes! Why are they not sacked or prosecuted for allowing mass corruption in their departments? Or maybe the new rulers are just as happy with corruption as every one else, they just want new corrupt people who are not loyal to the man in Dubai

Indictment needs an investigation - moving them to inactive posts gets them off the scene and out of harms way quickly without any legal issues. Prosecutions may well come - we do not know the agenda of who will be put in to replace them - investigation from the top down might be the order of the day to remove the rot. If one of these 17 new police departments is a real IA Dept. then prosecution and investigation may wait until that is operational.

It will take time to set the military tribunals and bring charges and, in the mean time, those sent to inactive post can have an eye kept on them. Slowly, slowly, catchee monkey. (patience, patience to get a positive result)

• Like 1

What the ****?

Difference here, red villages---on entering--This is a red shirt area/village. red flags headman as bent as a hairpin. This is in so many areas, please have your own voting preferences healthy--BUT control by the headman NO NO.

Yellow is outdated near everywhere -better you Quote something like "other than red" areas this is more grown up.

To remind you at a later date mega YELLOW (as you put it) areas will relax much more than the fanatical red. This is the difference.

Oh dear, shouting again. Do try and get your points across without having to resort to it.

And "grown up", that's insulting but it is your forte is it not?

Has anyone seen the chief of the Pattaya station? He seems to have gone MIA. I see his boss is on the list, maybe he is not high enough up the food chain for this "cleansing".

Pattaya Police station was taking over by the military the first night of curfew. However, the the chief wasn't there. giggle.gif

It seems that 16 senior police officers may have to explain their actions, or lack of them; and their willingness to ignore blatant criminality and to accept illegal accept orders to do so.

Hopefully Tarit will be next, asked to explain the pressing of charges against the former governments opponents as a means of political suppression.

What about the senior police officer in charge of Bangkok during the protests?

• Like 1

so you know the political stances of every single forum member then ginjag? wink.png

I do love your maths though, what was the percentage of those protesting compared to the overall percentage of the population? biggrin.png

Nothing wrong with the moves, as a new broom sweeps clean so they say.

Answer to the first question, No I don't know for sure-no one does-BUT when over 3 years of debate on TVF how many post, looked like about 10 denialists to 1000 critics.

The second is unmeasurable, as not everyone has access to BKK. BUT WE are talking about TVF farrangs are we not ??? so your second sentence is not the subject.

You're a funny guy, I'll give you that, 10/1000 critics? really? In the time that I've been here which granted hasn't been as long as you, my observations would put it more around 25% and 75% as it's the same people who tend to stick to the political threads, have you been basing your "assumptions" using the Suthep people/majority calculator? He was very prone to exaggerating too :P

My second point was to show you how absurd your first point was ;)

• Like 2

What the ****?

I'm pretty sure there are NO designated "YELLOW SHIRT " villages anywhere. So maybe difficult to find.

I'm actually with Fab4 on this one.

Extremely bad wording and inappropriate!

Maybe a bad translation!

I also hope this yellow / red shirt business will fade out and stop..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Foreigners may want to pay attention to the holders of the following posts:

The immigration Commission will consist of the Under Secretary of the Minister of Interior as

Chairman and the following members :
- Under Secretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Director general , Police Department
- Director General , labor Department- Director General , public Prosecution Department
- Secretary General , Board of Investment Committee
- Secretary General , National Security Council
- Director , Tourist Organization of Thailand
- Commander of Immigration Division as member and secretary

Director General of Police Department .. was he already replaced ?