Facebook down across Thailand – reports

webfact

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throughout the whole "event" I still had full access to Facebook. I have noticed some "unusual" activity in general over the last few days and most of it appears to be when visiting rarely visited sites. I'm theorising that they are trying to build their own "index" of pages that people are looking at. I never seem to get the loading issue twice on the same site.

Still not convinced this was an intentional block. Morelike they were trying to ghost certain accounts and in intercepting user data they messed up some addressing tables on a major node somewhere and they had to overwrite the file or reboot.

Just change your primary DNS IPs from manual to 8.8.8.8

They were using a simple DNS block ? I don't think so, ICT ministry has been blocking IP traffic for a long time already, for example p o r n.com. Not a simple DNS entry.

I've also noticed the 3BB invisible proxy getting overloaded from time to time. Getting proxy errors. They are fiddling with something, that's for sure.

Edited by DrTuner

From locked thread I started:

Why don't people look to see if the topic is already running before making a new topic?

Actually, I posted this in the general forum before LivinginKata did in the Phuket forum. I then checked the Phuket forum and there was nothing yet. I always check, but I got interrupted while typing so his post came through before mine.

wow such a loss for these sad people try phoning and having a real conversation..i really wouldnt be interested in seeing a picture of your last meal...wai2.gif

When phones started taking over people used to say that writing letters was the "real" way to converse, now people are writing to each other over the internet and it's the phones that are the "real" way to communicate. Funny how things change.

Some TV members seem to have a problem with the 99% of FB users that post nonsense 99% of the time.

But FB users have THE RIGHT to post whatever they find relevant.

Call them childish, say that they smell bad, refuse to interact with them, BUT RESPECT THEIR RIGHTS.

Greetings from the free world.

• Like 2

just saw a message written in Thai only to tune into Channel 5 for a message from whatever the initials of the coup people are. I am watching the Red movie channel. Red MOVIES not Red shirts 5555

edit: This is all that's on, but its been on a lot of channels for a while now. Back on Red I just saw the message again. Maybe I am misinterpreting the message a little and it is just saying tune in for information from NCP whatever they are

https://twitter.com/thomaswanhoff/status/471608359162896384/photo/1

Edited by taony

They were using a simple DNS block ? I don't think so, ICT ministry has been blocking IP traffic for a long time already, for example p o r n.com. Not a simple DNS entry.

I've also noticed the 3BB invisible proxy getting overloaded from time to time. Getting proxy errors. They are fiddling with something, that's for sure.

Try the anonymox add on for firefox ;)

how on earth will parents know what their children are doing now?

Seriously blocking media and free speech and applying curfews are the same mistakes made in almost all coup's anywhere in the world - they would do better setting up a massive facebook presence themselves and tweeting hourly what is happening - that would increase peoples confidence and remove any fear of secrecy

• Like 2

While facebook is a major distraction in the workplace, it is also a necessary tool for my job. I use it to recruit workers, particularly expats here in Bangkok. So, as you are expressing your joy as to its unavailability, just remember that some expats and some thais are probably losing the opportunity to obtain beneficial employment due to the outage.

Variance my boy, diversification is the name of the game.

• Like 1

Try the anonymox add on for firefox wink.png

Thanks, but I'm on chrome and can use a VPN if I want to. Connected without it at the moment.

VPN vendors must be thrilled. At least most Android phones have a VPN client as standard, all you need is an account.

Some TV members seem to have a problem with the 99% of FB users that post nonsense 99% of the time.

Call them childish, say that they smell bad, refuse to interact with them, BUT RESPECT THEIR RIGHTS.

Who gave you permission to say that?

• Like 2

FB working perfectly - Bangkok Post inaccessible -all this could be down to the net being overloaded at the moment> Personally can't seeing the military closing FB -the whole country would go into a panic attack!!!

I was so happy to hear the news as I was hoping staff would finally do some work , sadly I was wrong,they are still playing with their phones.

Facebook should be blocked permanently in Thailand or at least for most of the business hours

time that you learned how to manage your employees and stop looking for someone or something else to blame. If people choose to do things other than work then maybe you should look to make their work more interesting!

Yes, and it is our right to call them stupid !

Install a VPN on you're PC and tell it you're accessing from UK or usa..or on you're Android ...It tells the server you're not in thailand I.e. unblocks bbc I player also Netflix etc etc

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hola unblocker has an addon for firefox...free. Should be an indispensible tool for anyone here

Actually I don't think FB was 'banned' at all..

Connections for users accessing sites outside of Thailand using True Internet always have problems with both speed and access..

True admits to 'throttling' the speed to about 10-15% of what your paying for when accessing international sites...

And there is actually a Facebook page on this https://www.facebook.com/trueonlineusers?fref=ts thumbsup.gif