Facebook down across Thailand – reports

webfact

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facebook not the only thing. I have been blocked from access to the Dailymail site for 3 days now. Might be something I said?
You can access the mail online, you go through dailymail.co.uk/sport, only the home page is blocked.

I can't.

Not Found

The requested URL /sport was not found on this server.

I'm in BKK and have been access it through this url.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html

That doesn't work for me in Bkk either. Who's your service provider?

To agree with a post above- I'm not sure Facebook was blocked either. There are people in other countries I know (Australia) who said they were having trouble loading it up this afternoon as well.

Cannot open with that URL either and cannot use facebook for a while before 5 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by napawan28

My chrome browser showed an SSL (secured line) certificate error for FaceBook – only, other SSLs worked fine – so seems like it was a temporary and now solved technical problem...

Oh dear, the end of life as we know it. Expect reports of multiple suicide attempts from those whose life no longer has any meaning.

Don't be ridiculous. Why would they do it when FB is down. How would they post the pictures and video.

FB OK for me in Mahasarakham by the way.

Jeez, the potential of no Facebook and the whole world goes mental..!!

It was only down for a while, probably server error in the USA or routine maintenance.

''Oh no, I can't upload a photo of the can of Coke I just had or my new fingernails''..!!

folks posting it is on..........

The article states it came back on at 4:40pm ;)

Sirichan said the ICT committee had held an urgent meeting with the Internet service

providers and expected that services would resume before 5 pm.

The services resumed at around 4:40 pm.

[quote name="bdenner" post="7896678" timestamp="14

What's a Facebook???whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Well, in my humble opinion Facebook is absolutely useless and redundant service as well as other so called "social networks"... mfr_closed1.gif

This is just a waste of your time

Please correct me if I am wrong

Say's the person posting on thaivisa.....

My understanding is that Thaivisa is not a "social network" but just a "forum".

Internet forums have been around since 1997, so why do we need those "social networks"?

What's so special about them?

In my own opinion there's nothing special about Facebook or other social networking sites and in my opinion they can be counter-productive in that sociallizing isn't "real" and prevents some younger people from learning valuable life skills. But what it can do is special to an awful lot of people. For example it keeps me in daily and free of cost daily contact with my children 8000 + miles away. It's also got me (for example) back in contact with people I had lost contact with due to moves etc etc. Social networking is only worth what you get back from it, like most things....

Didn't have any problems all day. I heard from people in Australia and also in Malaysia that they had some sort of problem, it was not everyone. The Military is able to shut down pages of people inciting violence. Sure they don't have to shut down all of FB. Rumours.

Thank goodness. We will be spared pictures of pre consumed meals and cats!! Or is it pre consumed cats and meals? Whatever. Scratching the surface of Facebook, most of it is trivia and inane rubbish and I would think nothing to be missed. That is unless you like to see yourself in print or posing.

Sure they don't have to shut down all of FB. Rumours.

Ummmm ok

I feel sorry for this Official as he seems to have not asked permission before confirming

because at the same time the other hand was denying

Edited by mania