Facebook down across Thailand – reports

webfact

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had problems with it all day but my cat fibre optic has been running very slow for the last couple of days and they have blocked the Daily Mail online due to a write up that was published in the Sunday Mail !!

Now the global MSM are going right to the top in their criticisms.

There will be a lot more censoring of global media from now on as they increasingly go right directly to the top. The coup has brought Thailand into a new dimension of criticism.

My VPN is invaluable at this point and will become ever more necessary to access blocked websites. According to the newspaper you reference, some 200,000 websites are now blocked in Thailand, up from 130,000 previously.

If facebook goes the FBI, CIA and all the other intelligence agencies in the world will have to get their information somewhere else, like they used to do before facebook made their job easy.

Heck the military would never scrap facebook it must be to valuable to them.

They must now have files on millions in this country with their photos and info on everything about them down to what the like for breakfast and their favorite color nickers.

Yep that includes you.

Facebook not the only thing. I have been blocked from access to the Dailymail site for 3 days now. Might be something I said?

You can access the mail online, you go through dailymail.co.uk/sport, only the home page is blocked.

I can't.

Not Found

The requested URL /sport was not found on this server.

I'm in BKK and have been access it through this url.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html

That doesn't work for me in Bkk either. Who's your service provider?

To agree with a post above- I'm not sure Facebook was blocked either. There are people in other countries I know (Australia) who said they were having trouble loading it up this afternoon as well.

I see this is the occasion for a bunch of Luddites and Eeyores to once again display their ignorance.

Would you guys just get two tin cans and a string so you can talk to the last person left who puts up with you?

It's not funny when a government agency shuts down the medium by which countless millions of actual humans communicate.

It's not cute when you tell us how little you care.

get over yourself..they said it was nothing to do with them...you must have an x-box to amuse your fertile little mind..thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Some TV members seem to have a problem with the 99% of FB users that post nonsense 99% of the time.

But FB users have THE RIGHT to post whatever they find relevant.

Call them childish, say that they smell bad, refuse to interact with them, BUT RESPECT THEIR RIGHTS.

Greetings from the free world.

Son, you know nothing of true personal freedom until you have lived here for a while.

"But officer, my tire is covering less than 49% of the white line....."

"No, sir. I do not know how tire pressure affects tire width."

"No, sir. I do not want to lose my driving privilege for 3 years."

Edited by rabas

Some TV members seem to have a problem with the 99% of FB users that post nonsense 99% of the time.

But FB users have THE RIGHT to post whatever they find relevant.

Call them childish, say that they smell bad, refuse to interact with them, BUT RESPECT THEIR RIGHTS.

Greetings from the free world.

Who gave you permission to say that?

Do I have your permission to say that I like your cynicism?

I have just checked, and FB is working just fine. I'm in Bangkok.

Maybe they only blocked accounts of dull people who post pictures of their last meal or stupid poems or selfies from their recent trip to Emporium; you know the stuff that drives any normal person insane.

Wasout for a while before but could be just tot

Cannot have fb block i need itto communicate with family , many things to talk and arrange for a funeral next week

I couldn't access twitter just now.

And I wish people would stop advertising so blatantly about ways to access things that are blocked, they will ruin it eventually.

If they can block 128 bit AES I'll eat my network card with fruit and milk.

The Bangkok post is running a story on their website that the MICT secretary Surachai Srisarakam said he had received an order from the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to temporarily deny access to Facebook. Plenty of other stories on the internet that say no such thing happened.