Apple IPad bought at I store.. crooks

robblok

And I would not settle for a repair job. If you paid for a new iPad with Apple warranty, that is what you should get.

According to the Dutch Apple center it cannot be repaired. Apple cannot change the warranty to the purchase date so in the end I think that is what I get.

The ongoing saga.. today they wanted to give a refurbished unit (ok with that) but the half year guarantee that we had was not there. We said we would not agree to this as it would be a bad deal for us as we had right on a year of guarantee that was on the original device.

Tomorrow we hear more if I had not checked on the site of apple to see if it was in under guarantee I would never have known. We said we would take it up with the consumer protection agency (not too far from here) If we don't get. This is becoming tiresome.

For those saying its not Apple..remember this is an authorized apple dealer so its an extension of Apple.

Everyone here is wishing they gone Samsung just as I did for the phone.

I hope that the mac-book that i bought online is different but I wont hold my breath anymore.

I don't think you can hold apple responsible for a authorized reseller, there are loads on authorized resellers for different vendors, Microsoft, Intel etc but it doesn't mean that they will sort out any issues with there resellers.

The fact is this shop tried to pull a fast one on you and had it not been faulty you would have been none the wiser it's 100% the shops fault and 100% there problem they should replace it and the remainder of he warranty that you would expect from buying a new one.

The only thing you could argue wih apple is whether they thing it's an acceptable practice for one of there resellers to do this and try and shame the shop.

You know it's typical thai crap they for just hold there hands up admit the fault and replace the unit rather than all this shit and not accepting responsibility.

• Like 2

I don't think you can hold apple responsible for a authorized reseller, there are loads on authorized resellers for different vendors, Microsoft, Intel etc but it doesn't mean that they will sort out any issues with there resellers.

The fact is this shop tried to pull a fast one on you and had it not been faulty you would have been none the wiser it's 100% the shops fault and 100% there problem they should replace it and the remainder of he warranty that you would expect from buying a new one.

The only thing you could argue wih apple is whether they thing it's an acceptable practice for one of there resellers to do this and try and shame the shop.

You know it's typical thai crap they for just hold there hands up admit the fault and replace the unit rather than all this shit and not accepting responsibility.

Why do you have authorized re-sellers then if it does not add a thing ? What is the point ? There must be some point.

Anyway either we get results tomorrow or we go to the consumer protection board. I hear companies don't like dealing with them. It will inconvenience me as my dad will probably not be here when a ruling or solution is made. But in a few months i will be going to the Netherlands for a short holiday.

But I don't even mind its a refurbished one, but the fact that there is no warranty that we are entitled to irks me. They want us to take a worse deal because they cant provide any better. As a company they should take the hit even going for a newer model with us paying more. They said they would give 3000 for a device that they sold as new 7 months ago for 13.000.

I wish we could get compensated for the time and cost made in Thailand and Holland. This really bugs me now and I will not buy any apple products again. At least Samsung has real shops here in Thailand.

Earlier when I suggested that you deal with Apple directly you replied that you were. From your latest posts it would appear that you are dealing with iStudio, an authorised reseller. If the latter is the case they will give you the run-around forever. They sound like they do not want to admit to the fact they did you and are now trying to save face.

I would suggest that you contact an Apple authorised repairer not a reseller. A list of these people in Bangkok is here at https://locate.apple.com/th/en/service/?pt=1&lat=13.7278956&lon=100.52412349999997 If you are not in BKK the link will lead you to someone close to you.
I know someone who dealings with the Pantip Plaza repairer and they were very satisfied. I have dealt with the Seacon Bangkhae people and they were professional and courteous. In my case it was an Apple TV purchased in Australia and there were no questions or trying to pass the buck.
Your problem appears to be not with Apple but the reseller, who in my opinion you should not be dealing with.

My problem has just been solved... after going there countless times. In the end we threatened with the consumer protection board of Thailand.

We got a New Ipad not refurbished with a whole 1 year warranty. So the outcome was good after a lot of time loss and having visited the shop 4 times and of course having spend 1000 bt back in the Netherlands on research cost (from Apple as it was not in warranty).

They did only give the ipad took the charger and stuff out (no problems here I just wanted the half year warranty not even a new Ipad). So the deal was good, but it was a real time waster.

• Like 1

My problem has just been solved... after going there countless times. In the end we threatened with the consumer protection board of Thailand.

We got a New Ipad not refurbished with a whole 1 year warranty. So the outcome was good after a lot of time loss and having visited the shop 4 times and of course having spend 1000 bt back in the Netherlands on research cost (from Apple as it was not in warranty).

They did only give the ipad took the charger and stuff out (no problems here I just wanted the half year warranty not even a new Ipad). So the deal was good, but it was a real time waster.

My experience is that OCPB ( office of the consumer protection board ) is a magic word.

Whenever I have a serious issue with any well known company that doesn't get solved the easy way, a mention of OCPB solves all issues at once.

My experience is that OCPB ( office of the consumer protection board ) is a magic word.

Whenever I have a serious issue with any well known company that doesn't get solved the easy way, a mention of OCPB solves all issues at once.

I think it played its part, but not on the normal staff. I made sure they informed the manager of the steps I was going to take.

The fact that I had a case (we called with the OCPB to make sure of that) did help. I am sure they knew of that too, at least at a higher level.