Good boxing gyms in bangkok

karl2007

Hello,

I am looking for some good boxing gyms in Bangkok.

I did boxing when I was a kid many years ago and looking to get back into the sport to for fittness and to learn new skills.

I have boxed at the Ramkhamheang stadium but the boxing trainer there doesn't really teach you anything, just punch the pads until I am too tried to continue. When I trainned in the UK they teach the slipping in, movement in the feet, throwing combinations, hitting and not getting hit, etc. But here just punch the pads.

I leave in the Ramkhamheang area so the stadium easy for me to travel too.

I am wondering does anyone know of any gyms where they teach boxing skills to a high level, or medium level would be enough. I am not interested in doing any Mauy Thai.

The nearer to Ramkhamheang the better.

Many thanks for any suggestions,

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Karl2007 Hi, how are you? I just read your post and learned that you were looking for a good boxing in Bangkok. May I introduce ourselves, We are Lion's Head Boxing Gym and Athletic Development Center located in Ramkamheng Soi 18 (very close to The Mall Ramkamheng). We are the first official western boxing gym dedicated to boxing only and catering to foreigners. We are the pioneers of the Mayweather style training system and the county and has train a wide demographic of boxing enthusiast/ fighters in the city.

We are also the VERY FIRST gym to be in full partnership and sponsored by Everlast Boxing with the head trainer as one of the 15 WBC certified trainers in Asia.

In coordination with Boxing, we also offer sports specify and general strength conditioning for athletes.

Please check us out if you have time or call us at 02 319 0778 or check out some of our vids at Youtube (we used t also train in Ramkamheng stadium before we built our gym) look for Coach Jay-R Crisologo or just simply type Lion's HEad Boxing Bangkok

We also have a FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lions-Head-Boxing/141354549402136

You can subscribe to our videos on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jayrjobs