Thai ambassador to UK ordered home

Lite Beer

Top professional political advisors?

The most successful.politician in Thailand is in Dubai. Where does one get a top adviser to discuss purging people from govt under a military coup?

Afghanistan?

The most successful politician in Thailand is in Dubai?

You mean the one who wrecked the kingdom's reputation as the biggest and best rice producer in the world for nearly half century and through his own self serving incompetence caused his hopeless government to bring Thailand perilously close to becoming a failed state only for it to be rescued by another military coup.

There was a time when Mussolini was considered by his supporters to be the most successful politician in Italy too but that didn't last either.

Accept it. He would still win tomorrow.

That's the reality. I don't bother to get dragged into the semantics, the reality and what the consequences might be are the important issue.

Mussolini was appointed by the way.

Please do not live in the past, K T. would NEVER win anything more in Thailand after all this exposure. Yingluck was appointed ??

If you had a poll about who would be tops in corruption, Thaksin would be near the top.

Look at family OFFENCES or related ones, look at family occupying top positions, For what reasons NOT because they were the best people for the position.

Take a good look at the word --control freaks, This UK position is another bit of what my post is about. Smells---Action taken healthy.

• Like 1

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appears that he is still Ambassador, just being recalled for 'consultation', and as such he probably gets free first class seats on Thai .(non stop)

Plus Family - for life.

Hence Thai is in such deep financial trouble.

Patrick

The consultations will almost certainly result in him not going back to London.

Piyawasti, while president of Thai during the Abhisit govt, axed the life-time first class travel for former board members and families. Now they only get it while they are still on the board. Many were only on the board for a few months before getting the chop. He made a lot of other cuts too. I think his successor under the Yingluck reversed some.

Wonder if he will fly direct or take a stop over somewhere in the middle east en route?

Is it just a coincidence that all UK flights stop off in the UAE, before heading to BKK? biggrin.png (There are no direct flights from BKK to UK )

No direct flights except for; British Airways, Thai Airways, Quantas, Eva air.. then of course there are non direct flights that don't go UAE, Jet Airways, Air India, KLM, SAS, Finnair, Norwegian, Aeroflot, Vietnam Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines, China Airlines -- and these are just the ones I've flown with; There's also Egyptair, Turkish Airlines, Austrian Ailines, Royal Jordan, El Al, ... I'm getting bored now..

As my post sums it up--incidentally I have not looked it up, any USA airlines stopping at LHR then fly on to BKK ???

Appears that he is still Ambassador, just being recalled for 'consultation', and as such he probably gets free first class seats on Thai .(non stop)

Plus Family - for life.

Hence Thai is in such deep financial trouble.

Patrick

We can change that. We are junta !

Edited by rabas

Top professional political advisors?

The most successful.politician in Thailand is in Dubai. Where does one get a top adviser to discuss purging people from govt under a military coup?

Afghanistan?

The most successful politician in Thailand is in Dubai?

You mean the one who wrecked the kingdom's reputation as the biggest and best rice producer in the world for nearly half century and through his own self serving incompetence caused his hopeless government to bring Thailand perilously close to becoming a failed state only for it to be rescued by another military coup.

There was a time when Mussolini was considered by his supporters to be the most successful politician in Italy too but that didn't last either.

Accept it. He would still win tomorrow.

That's the reality. I don't bother to get dragged into the semantics, the reality and what the consequences might be are the important issue.

Mussolini was appointed by the way.

Please do not live in the past, K T. would NEVER win anything more in Thailand after all this exposure. Yingluck was appointed ??

If you had a poll about who would be tops in corruption, Thaksin would be near the top.

Look at family OFFENCES or related ones, look at family occupying top positions, For what reasons NOT because they were the best people for the position.

Take a good look at the word --control freaks, This UK position is another bit of what my post is about. Smells---Action taken healthy.

I can see what Thai at Heart is getting at, apparently judging a successful politician on the basis of how many votes he accrues not on how he performs.

In that case I would agree that Thaksin would be right up there with the big hitters........ alongside Saddam, Mugabe, Berlusconi etc.,

• Like 1

Wondering when the first foreign Ambassadors are called home from Bangkok.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes because LaLaLand is taken very seriously on the world stage ....

Wonder if he will fly direct or take a stop over somewhere in the middle east en route?

Is it just a coincidence that all UK flights stop off in the UAE, before heading to BKK? biggrin.png (There are no direct flights from BKK to UK )

No direct flights except for; British Airways, Thai Airways, Quantas, Eva air.. then of course there are non direct flights that don't go UAE, Jet Airways, Air India, KLM, SAS, Finnair, Norwegian, Aeroflot, Vietnam Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines, China Airlines -- and these are just the ones I've flown with; There's also Egyptair, Turkish Airlines, Austrian Ailines, Royal Jordan, El Al, ... I'm getting bored now..

As my post sums it up--incidentally I have not looked it up, any USA airlines stopping at LHR then fly on to BKK ???

I don't think they do Ginjag. It's a hellish flight from USA to Thailand, I think via Hawaii and/or SG works though

There a lot of Hahaha , LOLs and cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

in response to this serious situation in Thailand.

So I wonder are most exp-pats in Thailand idiots or only the ones contributing to these threads?

No. We are the ones who have managed to maintain a sense of humour here in The Land Of The Absurd. Perhaps you weren't aware that that is a pre requisite for living here smile.png

I had the pleasure of meeting H.E. Mr. Teparak (and his wife) twice, during his post at the Royal Thai Embassy in London.

He is extremely well spoken, very fluent in English, and remained quite apolitical during our chats. Very diplomatic - as a diplomat should be. His career is posted on the Royal Thai Embassy in London’s website (Consul-Generla in Dubai, Minister in Canberra) but it isn’t complete. For example, he was also stationed at the Royal Thai Embassy in Ottawa for a few years (I believe in the mid 1990s). I unfortunately have forgotten where else he said he was posted. Anyways, he’s hardly new to the game.

I had the pleasure of meeting H.E. Mr. Teparak (and his wife) twice, during his post at the Royal Thai Embassy in London.

He is extremely well spoken, very fluent in English, and remained quite apolitical during our chats. Very diplomatic - as a diplomat should be. His career is posted on the Royal Thai Embassy in London’s website (Consul-Generla in Dubai, Minister in Canberra) but it isn’t complete. For example, he was also stationed at the Royal Thai Embassy in Ottawa for a few years (I believe in the mid 1990s). I unfortunately have forgotten where else he said he was posted. Anyways, he’s hardly new to the game.

Well, how informative. Thanks for that thumbsup.gif

Thai Air BA Evair

There a lot of Hahaha , LOLs and cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

in response to this serious situation in Thailand.

So I wonder are most exp-pats in Thailand idiots or only the ones contributing to these threads?

No. We are the ones who have managed to maintain a sense of humour here in The Land Of The Absurd. Perhaps you weren't aware that that is a pre requisite for living here smile.png

I appreciate and agree with your sentiment concerning the need of seance of humor when in Thailand

But I am afraid all the snickering and Ha Ha Hooing is done more in a seance of gleefulness rather than humor. at leas with those with a certain political orientation.

Having being the recipient of the" benevolent" bitter end of a military coup and the ensuing junta , I assure you there is nothing funny about what is

occurring in Thailand right now.

But as you said,, a healthy attitude is necessary.

Ambassador in London is hardly one of the most important positions....

Given the amount of Thai dirty laundry located in London during the 1990s that the Royal Thai Government attempted to wash and air dry in a new light, I daresay the ambassador could have been privy to many a secret that nobody amongst the Bangkok power elite would like to see be brought back into public view.

Why is it when PT were making moving civil servants etc about to ensure they are sympathetic its unconstitutional and an outrage but when the elite/establishment do it its all smilies and "payback?"

So basically the ordinary Thai citizen instead of getting fcuked by Thaskin is now getting rogered by a millionaire general on behalf of the elite. Nothings changed, a horribly unequal country full of corruption.

This is some kind of result yeah?

Hahaha.

This is becoming a complete and utter circus. How many heads are they going to cut, until there is a backlash?

Franco governed for 36 years in Spain.

Ending when he died in 1975

Meanwhile the opposing team became educated.
It wont matter what this General does.
It doesn't matter how long the elite drag it out.
How many human rights are trampled.
History shows us, that one day in the future, the ''people '' always win!

when they become educated they wont votes and support an evil would be dictator and I'm happy if army keeps Taksin out for next 10 years let alone 36 years

Again well done Suphet and Army

If Taksin got/gets his way then I'm 100% sure poor this would suffer much moire than under an army regime here in Thailand at least and I my family and many This friends would prefer heats happening than waiting 36 years for poor brainwashed Thias to be educated and realise how Taksin his clan and rest were many times worse than hose elite and rest

Geto ver it your hero and clown are on ropes thank goodness

Again well done Supet and Army and as someone said we were very close to A Taksin mugabwie type state

Funny that he was promoted by Thaksin's unphotogenic cousin from being lowly consul-general is a small country to be ambassador to London, one of the most important positions in the Foreign Ministry.

Its the hub of shopping, well judging by the amount of Asian faces I spotted yesterday in Harrods.

"......the amount of Asian faces I spotted............."

Love those Asian faces. Good shoppers too.

So speaks ratsnatcher, Thailands UKIP spokesperson. Piss poor effort at humour too.

Hahaha.

This is becoming a complete and utter circus. How many heads are they going to cut, until there is a backlash?

Franco governed for 36 years in Spain.

Ending when he died in 1975

Meanwhile the opposing team became educated.
It wont matter what this General does.
It doesn't matter how long the elite drag it out.
How many human rights are trampled.
History shows us, that one day in the future, the ''people '' always win!

when they become educated they wont votes and support an evil would be dictator and I'm happy if army keeps Taksin out for next 10 years let alone 36 years

Again well done Suphet and Army

If Taksin got/gets his way then I'm 100% sure poor this would suffer much moire than under an army regime here in Thailand at least and I my family and many This friends would prefer heats happening than waiting 36 years for poor brainwashed Thias to be educated and realise how Taksin his clan and rest were many times worse than hose elite and rest

Geto ver it your hero and clown are on ropes thank goodness

Again well done Supet and Army and as someone said we were very close to A Taksin mugabwie type state

Try not to be so melodramatic, coffee1.gif

As for the ambassador im sure he was expecting it.

Not true - BA fly direct from BKK to LHR, its just over 12 hours direct - mind you, I see that the CHEAPEST flight was THB37,xxx which is bloody ridiculous. I am certain that Emirates (via DXB) or Etihad (via AUH) would be much cheaper (and better). Also Cathay Pacific flies via Hong Kong, and I imagine China Airlines probably fly via Beijing or Shangahi (although I have never used them). I haven't bothered looking at TG, as their prices are often way beyond belief.

Funny that he was promoted by Thaksin's unphotogenic cousin from being lowly consul-general is a small country to be ambassador to London, one of the most important positions in the Foreign Ministry.

As one of the major finance capitals of the world, and a major business (not to mention tourist) destination - yes it IS one of the most important postings, therefore one of the most important positions - AND being in London, it is also a plum job! Not that I have any love of London myself - every time I go, I wonder what on earth possessed me to bother - but it IS an important world capital.

Not true - BA fly direct from BKK to LHR, its just over 12 hours direct - mind you, I see that the CHEAPEST flight was THB37,xxx which is bloody ridiculous. I am certain that Emirates (via DXB) or Etihad (via AUH) would be much cheaper (and better). Also Cathay Pacific flies via Hong Kong, and I imagine China Airlines probably fly via Beijing or Shangahi (although I have never used them). I haven't bothered looking at TG, as their prices are often way beyond belief.

China Airlines fly via Amsterdam. They are not bad.

Hahaha.

Yes...you are right. But that what happens when you dismantle a circus. You have to retire all the clowns!

• Like 2

Why is it when PT were making moving civil servants etc about to ensure they are sympathetic its unconstitutional and an outrage but when the elite/establishment do it its all smilies and "payback?"

So basically the ordinary Thai citizen instead of getting fcuked by Thaskin is now getting rogered by a millionaire general on behalf of the elite. Nothings changed, a horribly unequal country full of corruption.

This is some kind of result yeah?

Because PT were NOT moving civil servant around to make sure they were "sympathetic" (whatever the connotations of that may be) they were moving them around to put family and friends in positions of influence or power, it was a nice "jobs for the boys" scheme.

Thats why, when a PM moves her ex-brother-in-law (or at least her brothers ex-brother-in-law) into a position already being held by a perfectly good officer - and for no reason whatsoever - the people and courts regard this as somewhat suspicious - with the outcome we all already know - "abuse of power" - which is exactly as it should be.

Edited by Greer
  • Like 2

China Airlines fly via Amsterdam. They are not bad.

OK that's interesting - I didn't know that - might have a look at them, as I have to go to Amsterdam soon. Thanks for the info! :)

Hahaha.

Ignoring politics - try hard for a minute.

Was this man really suitable for the job and was he carrying out the duties of an ambassador to a major country to the required high standard?

I have no idea, do you? But I suspect the Thai Foreign Ministry do, and are probably free to voice that opinion based on facts now Thaksin's cousin has been removed.

Doesn't look like a circus - that was a good description of what was happening before, with all the cabinet reshuffles and doling out of plumb jobs to relatives and cronies. Look more like a very well planned operation to return to reality.

Well said, Baerboxer! I'd sign that!

Many academics who were not on any "report list" have been rounded up in Chang Mai and Chang Rai in the middle of the night

Was the Ambassador to the UK one of them?

(trying to find a relevance for your off-topic meanderings)

Edited by Luger2