Tourism Ministry pushes for long weekend in August

I hate to be the one to say it but I found the only Thais that really work are the tuk tuk, motorbike taxi's, and taxi drivers some up to 12 hours per day 7 days a week. I rented cab and driver for weekend for an trip for a few days told since he was married an two kids bring them along I was first time in a year he got to spend time with them. Then when I went to pay him he actually cried and refused payment but I gave him agreed amount anyway.

Suwat said he would submit the plan to deputy chief of the National Council for Peace and Order Admiral Narong Pipattanasai, for him to consider.

I wonder what will happen to Suwat Sidthilaw now. It is wrong for a ministry's Permanent Secretary (the highest-ranking civil servant in a ministry) to go public with a proposal he plans to submit to his superior. Having done so, he is telling all employees in Thailand that if they don't get this additional holiday they have Admiral Narong Pipattanasai to blame. At the very least, Suwat can expect to be reassigned to an inactive post, for real punishment he could be demoted to a position within or outside the Tourism Ministry where he has to put in some hard work.

Public holidays are declared for significant events, Anzac Day, Xmas Easter etc You don't just set up a public holiday for the purpose of revenue raising. Thailand has far to many public holidays as it is.

What about one for a horse race,that would be a good idea eh!

If a Thai works is right and takes all available holiday, sick leave, business leave and annual leave they can get away with working just over 200 days per year.

I love the falang outlook on Thais there work and holidays. Many of the Thais I know only get one day a week off and work any where from 8 to 12 hours a day. They only dream of a long weekend if they do get one they have to use there other 3 days off and then work a month with no days off. For most Thai workers there are no paid holidays, no paid vacation, and no paid sick leave. Leave your racism at home.

• Like 1

I hate to be the one to say it but I found the only Thais that really work are the tuk tuk, motorbike taxi's, and taxi drivers some up to 12 hours per day 7 days a week. I rented cab and driver for weekend for an trip for a few days told since he was married an two kids bring them along I was first time in a year he got to spend time with them. Then when I went to pay him he actually cried and refused payment but I gave him agreed amount anyway.

Then you really do not know many Thais, these are they types of commits that show how racist many people really are.

Public holidays are declared for significant events, Anzac Day, Xmas Easter etc You don't just set up a public holiday for the purpose of revenue raising. Thailand has far to many public holidays as it is.

(to many public holidays) which most do not get to celebrate, Your list of holidays I do not think will be put on the Thai holiday calendar anytime soon.

If a Thai works is right and takes all available holiday, sick leave, business leave and annual leave they can get away with working just over 200 days per year.

I love the falang outlook on Thais there work and holidays. Many of the Thais I know only get one day a week off and work any where from 8 to 12 hours a day. They only dream of a long weekend if they do get one they have to use there other 3 days off and then work a month with no days off. For most Thai workers there are no paid holidays, no paid vacation, and no paid sick leave. Leave your racism at home.

What racism?? Do you even know the meaning of the word?? I suggest you stick to crayons and soft fruit. You are less likely to hurt yourself

• Like 1

What about one for a horse race,that would be a good idea eh!

The Melbourne cup is an optional half day and does not apply to all of Australia only the state of Victoria. It is not an official public holiday.

P.s only Queenslanders say eh.

What racism?? Do you even know the meaning of the word?? I suggest you stick to crayons and soft fruit. You are less likely to hurt yourself

I think it is racist if you have a different opinion. In the politically correct world the racist card is pulled to win a argument, pull the racist card discussion over you win.