Wife seeks jail term rather than stay with husband of 32 years

Lite Beer

It would have been better for her if she would have planted the gun on

her husband,then phone the police to come and take him away,it was

most likely his gun anyway.

regards Worgeordie

I get the idea but I guess planting a shotgun on someone without them noticing is slightly more than tricky. ;)

That would all depend Jimbo, on how much alcohol she applied to her husband before she inserted it :P

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they get her the needed medical help to adjust the medications it seems she either is on or should be. I hope things work out for her and her husband.

If the story is true, medication is not the answer, and the wife is not sick. I suspect there is a large number of people in similar situations whose main recourse is alcohol, a temple retreat - usually for the wife or buckets of unnecessary medication from a GP or psychiatrist . There are very limited counselling resources in thailand as its not part of the culture and the small number of psychiatrists are keen to protect their own turf and incomes.

Actually that is not true. Counselling is one part of the treatment and it is used but limited. Mopst treatment is totally free for thais and the medication used is the same as overseas but about 5 years behind. I know several thai people who are recieving treatment for severe bi-polar and a couple of people who have been hospitised for a period in one of the psychiatric hospitals while medication was adjusted.

I think everyone would agree medication has side effects but the liffe of the person taking it is improved.

I must have missed the mention of bipolar disorder ? Its oh too easy to go the medication route for a marital problem and blame the wife.

I have talked with Thai women who claim to have escaped domestic violence situations, similar to the one described above. All of them claim they are left utterly defenseless, with no resources, as their husbands beat them, are often drunk, take family resources/money, and are unfaithful. The woman in these situations remains as a victim, with no support from the community, as they claim, no one does anything to help the victims.

The greatest aid to abusers is the denial and silence accompanying domestic violence by the community and the media.

Who are the abusers and who are the abused?

Why is the woman in these situations the victim? It's very sexist to suggest that women cannot take care of themselves. Are the women infants or are you a misogynist? Logic dictates it must be one or the other.

Either women can take care of themselves or they cannot. You are suggesting they cannot. That is called misogyny.

The greatest aid to abusers are misogynists who reward women who invest youths in developing malicious life skills of artifice and illusion. When they can't trade on their illusions, they're left high and dry.

The only innocents are children.