Alcohol and Exercise

This is amongst us athlets an extremely easy answered question you put forward, and it suprice me that not even one answer is warning for exercise "day after" a drinking session..

You will put i.e. your heart on an extreme pressure to exercise together with having alcohol in your blood. It is plain stupoid, and you maybe can experience it like something nice, but it is stupid and death is in the pot here for you.

Stay away from it... Wait one day after you have been out drinking.....

Glegolo

Agree entirely. If out socializing and taking in alcohol, then it is no training the next day for me, or my two trainers (my dogs), who get extremely pee'd off if we don't run. I do try to take on as much non-alcoholic fluids the next day, mainly in the form of chlorophyll. Used to socialize two or three times a week, now do it only two or three times a month and feel much the better for it. Improved blood pressure, less toxins flying around and just love the endorphines affect after exercise, not to mention the pooches think I am the best thing since sliced bread! Having just bought a puppy Great Dane, might have to cut the socializing down to two or three times a year - only joking team!

O.K. well then I guess I'm off to the coffin maker to get measured up.................still drink 5 or 6 cocktails and do my daily runs, although generally Mondays and Tuesdays I don't drink. Feel pretty good, last full fledged physical I had about ten months ago, just about broke their treadmill, doctors watched and asked if I could keep up my final pace another minute (which I did). All tests good.

Well we all react in different ways. If I had been drinking like you I would never have quit. On the other hand maybe you are one of those who gets drunk real easy. Like a friend of mine we used to give him a six pack of beer and he was toast at the end of the night. Drunk or sober that is not an awful lot of alcohol to be drinking.

"get drunk real easy"? I'm an 85 kilo guy, admittedly since I ride a motorcycle I don't get falling down stumbling drunk, no way, I'd be dead faster that route roy percent. Also, with two days off of work, don't like to spend a day off with a horrendous hangover, seems a waste of the day. But no, takes me quite a few cocktails to get a good buzz on.

You have a good point though of the discussion which is what is "an awful lot of alcohol to be drinking" which I guess is subjective considering body size,heritage,etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree entirely. If out socializing and taking in alcohol, then it is no training the next day for me, or my two trainers (my dogs), who get extremely pee'd off if we don't run. I do try to take on as much non-alcoholic fluids the next day, mainly in the form of chlorophyll. Used to socialize two or three times a week, now do it only two or three times a month and feel much the better for it. Improved blood pressure, less toxins flying around and just love the endorphines affect after exercise, not to mention the pooches think I am the best thing since sliced bread! Having just bought a puppy Great Dane, might have to cut the socializing down to two or three times a year - only joking team!

O.K. well then I guess I'm off to the coffin maker to get measured up.................still drink 5 or 6 cocktails and do my daily runs, although generally Mondays and Tuesdays I don't drink. Feel pretty good, last full fledged physical I had about ten months ago, just about broke their treadmill, doctors watched and asked if I could keep up my final pace another minute (which I did). All tests good.

Well we all react in different ways. If I had been drinking like you I would never have quit. On the other hand maybe you are one of those who gets drunk real easy. Like a friend of mine we used to give him a six pack of beer and he was toast at the end of the night. Drunk or sober that is not an awful lot of alcohol to be drinking.

"get drunk real easy"? I'm an 85 kilo guy, admittedly since I ride a motorcycle I don't get falling down stumbling drunk, no way, I'd be dead faster that route roy percent. Also, with two days off of work, don't like to spend a day off with a horrendous hangover, seems a waste of the day. But no, takes me quite a few cocktails to get a good buzz on.

You have a good point though of the discussion which is what is "an awful lot of alcohol to be drinking" which I guess is subjective considering body size,heritage,etc.

Weight and empty stomach.....I diet away 20 or more kg. Than I drink a bit on the empty stomach and be drunk with small amounts. Good thing: Less Alcohol, less hangover.

• Like 1