When you thai'ed-the-knot did you bother paying for a pre-nup?

advancebooking

Knew a guy who did a pre-nup and it paid off big time when his new wife promptly jumped ship soon as he took her to the USA and sued him for divorce. Total shock. He ended up not paying a baht. HIGHLY recommended.

Yes but was the prenup done in thailand or USA.

i would think one done in thailand would not hold up in USA court, different rules etc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew a guy who did a pre-nup and it paid off big time when his new wife promptly jumped ship soon as he took her to the USA and sued him for divorce. Total shock. He ended up not paying a baht. HIGHLY recommended.

Yes but was the prenup done in thailand or USA.

i would think one done in thailand would not hold up in USA court, different rules etc

Plus, regardless of a prenup, a "new" wife who quickly divorced wouldn't be entitled to much of anything anyway, since a person's separate property held prior to marriage generally remains their separate property.

It's only assets / property / income earned DURING the marriage that becomes communal / marital property, and thus is divisible in a divorce -- though different states have somewhat different interpretations of that.

I just don't like the idea of them okay if you are a millionare,but to me it's kind of like saying well here we are getting married but one day we will get divorced,not the right frame of mind to head into married life with,just my opnion of course.

A romantic frame of mind in UK is OK 50% of the time.

A sensible frame of mind and your OK 100% of the time.

When asked why I could retire comfortably at 35 I reply I never had a divorce!

Yes I did and the cost is insignificant. Basically what you brought into the marriage you can take out. What you accumulated during the marriage is 50:50. Personally I believe a pre-nup can lower the risk of a divorce especially where family get their teeth into the relationship but each to his/her own. The Thai pre-nup is very simple but must be registered at the same time as the marriage.

My friend got divorced recently and got half his house/10 rai of land. He also got court fees reimbursed. He said that it would never have happened without the pre nup. Actually, he is the first that I have ever known to get the full 50% on divorce. Sadly, he died just after the verdict. Be very careful with Thai women, especially Isarnese ones.

Lead poisoning?

Yes I did and the cost is insignificant. Basically what you brought into the marriage you can take out. What you accumulated during the marriage is 50:50. Personally I believe a pre-nup can lower the risk of a divorce especially where family get their teeth into the relationship but each to his/her own. The Thai pre-nup is very simple but must be registered at the same time as the marriage.

My friend got divorced recently and got half his house/10 rai of land. He also got court fees reimbursed. He said that it would never have happened without the pre nup. Actually, he is the first that I have ever known to get the full 50% on divorce. Sadly, he died just after the verdict. Be very careful with Thai women, especially Isarnese ones.

And lady boys ????? Yes or no ????

Be very careful with ALL women!