Fraser's

MZurf

It's got some great reviews on tripadvisor

I dont see any reviews for it.

I am hugely suspicious of TripAdvisor anyway. Most people reviewing on there seem to either be idiots or to be heavily biased.

Trip Advisor can be a bit helpful-- like anything else one does not depend on one search on anything. But!!!! with Trip Advisor the no.1, no2, no3......no10 top choices in restaurants/tourist sites/ hotels... is based on how many recommendations a place gets from its viewers. Once I looked to see what the top 3 tourist sites were for Pattaya and number 2 or 3 was an Indian tailor shop------REALLY? That is when Trip Advisor's advice went down the toilet.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It resembles a typical Aussie sports club minus the poker machines. It's noisy with all the sport programs blaring a different game on each screen.

it will survive as there's nothing like it in Pattaya or Jomtien it's proving to be a winner. Stewart is a great host and that helps.

It resembles a typical Aussie sports club minus the poker machines. It's noisy with all the sport programs blaring a different game on each screen.

it will survive as there's nothing like it in Pattaya or Jomtien it's proving to be a winner. Stewart is a great host and that helps.

Yes, they seem to be doing quite well, even now in the low season. I think it's due to the fact that it is popular with expats so not wholly dependent on the tourists.

It's a good place and you can see the intelligence in everything about it. It definitely appears to be a success and no reason that won't continue.

But I'm not sure if I would do cartwheels about the food. It's mostly quite decent and also consistent. But there was one dish I had there called fish Shepard pie which really reminded me of coach airline food. Sorry. The "guacamole" served with the "Mexican" and "Tex Mex" options, why not just call it green mayonnaise and be done with it? Also the Wednesday chef specials are hit and miss and sometimes kind of bizarre creations and you wonder if the chef is taking the piss.

Edited by Jingthing

Stewart is a great guy and runs a good pub. Lion bar on Soi 17 is probably as good, and is quite a bit bigger with more screens.

It's quite a new bar to me (I'm a Brit) and Stewart I agree is a very good host; it's convivial and very easy to chat to other customers of all nationalities. I have enjoyed all the dishes they serve, hot, adequate & reasonable prices. Long may he/it/they survive.

It's got some great reviews on tripadvisor

I dont see any reviews for it.

I am hugely suspicious of TripAdvisor anyway. Most people reviewing on there seem to either be idiots or to be heavily biased.

You would think by some of the reviews on TA, Some people have never stayed in a Hotel before or just Fake reviews by Owners friends