Sunday Roast

mogo51

i dont know if it still is, but the pig and wistle used to be good, and one round the corner from it, cant remember the bloody name, rosy ogradies or something like that,

but its ben many years since i was there,,,lol

1/ Punch and judys soi 17 off 3rd road, south 295 baht, massive meal

2/ Jollys soi bukhaw, north, all you can eat, 3 course buffer for about 240 baht, amazing deal

3/ Basic 2 meat sunday roast at 140 baht, a great deal

plenty more about but these 3 take some beating for price and quality

2/ Jollys soi bukhaw, north, all you can eat, 3 course buffer for about 240 baht, amazing deal

Sorry never heard of a place called Basic - or did you mean a basic meal but forgot to name where?

Yes The Chill Bar still does a cracking roast on a Sunday, there is now also The Players Lounge, top of Pleab Waan, turn left, down that road on the left, also a winner.

Bon appetit

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I went to Punch and Judy's once but the meal I had did not tempt me to return.

Jollys buffet is certainly good value, but the meats all seem to be boiled rather than roasted and when I tried it there was no Yorkshire pudding. You cant make proper Sunday roast without Yorkshire pudding. Veg was good. Dessert was boring.

Dicey Riellys buffet Sunday roast was good value at 300B (now 350B, I think) but was let down by the absurdly high drinks prices (80B for a small water, which is extortionate) and the fact that most of the hot dishes were barely warm. That place should sort itself out.

The Sportsman tastes good but is not worth the 425B price tag for what you get. If lamb and a decent dessert was included I would probably be tempted to go there from time to time.

The plated roast at the Starlight bar on the darkside used to be good value and good quality at 150B but they have changed their cook recently and maybe the new one needs some time to settle in.

Robins Nest soi Dianna has a good buffet for 295b, price has creeped up over the years but still good value.

I found it fairly similar to Jollys. It had the same problem with watery roasts. Maybe it's the steamer trays that causes it?

Does Robin's Nest have Yorkshire puddings now? I don't think it did when I went.

Robins Nest soi Dianna has a good buffet for 295b, price has creeped up over the years but still good value.

I found it fairly similar to Jollys. It had the same problem with watery roasts. Maybe it's the steamer trays that causes it?

Does Robin's Nest have Yorkshire puddings now? I don't think it did when I went.

Didnt notice any available but being Aussie, Yorkshire pudd is not something I searching for.

Yes The Chill Bar still does a cracking roast on a Sunday, there is now also The Players Lounge, top of Pleab Waan, turn left, down that road on the left, also a winner.

Bon appetit

So that would be turning left at the temple, with 7/11 on corner (oh I forgot, that is every corner in Pattaya)?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bon appetit

So that would be turning left at the temple, with 7/11 on corner (oh I forgot, that is every corner in Pattaya)?

That's it, and just past the new Mini Big C and it's on the left (Players).

Didnt notice any available but being Aussie, Yorkshire pudd is not something I searching for.

Yes - well it did about 6 weeks ago when I went. Agree with the watery and generally did not think much to the meat.

I do like vegetables that are interesting and varied and not overcooked, and some nice Yorkshire pudding and good gravy. In fact I'd be quite happy to have no meat and only the trimmings, as long as they are really good.

I do like vegetables that are interesting and varied and not overcooked, and some nice Yorkshire pudding and good gravy. In fact I'd be quite happy to have no meat and only the trimmings, as long as they are really good.

I arrive next monday-do you want me to bring some of "Aunt Bessies" with me laugh.png