World Cup Tickets.

redrus

its not a working men's game anymore and the young generation cannot get in to see there hero's, shame remember saving my pocket money and money from my paper round so at the weekend i could go see the reds play.

its not a working men's game anymore and the young generation cannot get in to see there hero's, shame remember saving my pocket money and money from my paper round so at the weekend i could go see the reds play.

nev, I'm with ya there fella.

I used to catch the bus from Levenshulme to Old Trafford for no more than 12p, skip past all the olds to the Stretford End Juniors entrance. If I go back as far as I can, I think the cheapest I ever payed to get into OT was about 65p.

I think the cheapest ticket now is about 28 pounds, I always end up paying 30 anyway and we're pretty cheap at United compared to others.

But, come on, 3 to 4 grand for a ticket, I know its the World Cup but........., its only a ticket....!

redrus

nev, I'm with ya there fella.

I used to catch the bus from Levenshulme to Old Trafford for no more than 12p, skip past all the olds to the Stretford End Juniors entrance. If I go back as far as I can, I think the cheapest I ever payed to get into OT was about 65p.

I think the cheapest ticket now is about 28 pounds, I always end up paying 30 anyway and we're pretty cheap at United compared to others.

But, come on, 3 to 4 grand for a ticket, I know its the World Cup but........., its only a ticket....!

redrus

yes redrus i remember one pound and i could catch the train from stockport ticket in that if i didnt jib in, pie drink and a program.

paper round money !!!!!

pah!

you had it easy lad.

i were brought up on a diet of workhouse gruel and used to sweep chimneys in me spare time .

on matchday afternoons , after a 6 hour trudge through fog and ice from heckmondwike to elland road , (bus fare were a penny , far too expensive) , i used to pay tuppence ha'penny for a spot in the shed. sometimes i could sneak in through a ginnel at back.

if i were really lucky , old geezers would piss in me pockets to help me keep warm.

bert micklepants were centre forward in them days.

:o:D:D:D:D:D

its just not the same these days. :D

Edited by taxexile

Yeah, it's disgusting how many tickets are allocated to sponsors, these are the ones that get sold back on by touts mainly, then it's a case of supply and demand, which results in ridiculously high prices.

The way it was done in Euro 2004 was good. You bought a "season ticket" for your team direct from UEFA, which included all games upto the final. If your team got knocked out before the final then you got refunded for the remaining matches. Unfortunately Portugal, England, and Germany were oversubscribed and got put into a lottery, and mine didn't get drawn. Still, a lot fairer than the way FIFA has allocated tickets for this world cup.

Fifa official caught scalping tickets

Berlin (dpa) - A member of Fifa's executive committee has been caught selling World Cup match tickets for three times their value and ordered home from the tournament as a result.

Ismail Bhamjee of Botswana was uncovered through a sting operation by the English Mail on Sunday newspaper, which then produced the evidence to football's ruling body.

Bhamjee confirmed in a written statement that he sold on 12 category one tickets for the match between England and Trinidad & Tobago for 300 euros each, 200 euros above face value.

"I deeply regret this incorrect act and apologise to Fifa for violating the relevant terms and conditions governing the sale of tickets for the 2006 Fifa World Cup," he said in a statement.

Fifa have since ordered Bhamjee to resign from his World Cup- related duties and leave Germany at the earliest opportunity.

Bhamjee has been a Fifa executive committee member since 1998 and serves as the deputy chairman of the associations committee and on the financial committee. He is the president of the Botswana Football Association and serves on the executive committee of Africa's controlling body, CAF.

"I am very disappointed about the conduct of a member of the Fifa executive committee. In such a situation, Fifa acts immediately and firmly," said Fifa president Joseph Blatter.

Did you see the programme on BBC World yesterday uncovering the corruptionin FIFA? Goes right to the top. The Swiss police raided their offices and are currently investigating it all. I recommend watching the repeat, might be on sometime again today.

"I am very disappointed about the conduct of a member of the Fifa executive committee. In such a situation, Fifa acts immediately and firmly," said Fifa president Joseph Blatter.

A total hypocrite after watching that programme yesterday.

Edited by konangrit

yes I saw that konangrit and it was a real eye opener, fantastic bit of investigative journalism and Mr Blatter and his cohorts should be very worried people right now.

To cap it off todays UK Press are reporting that the top dog of FIFA in Botswana has been found scalping world cup tickets and has been "relieved" of his responsibilities

paper round money !!!!!

pah!

you had it easy lad.

i were brought up on a diet of workhouse gruel and used to sweep chimneys in me spare time .

on matchday afternoons , after a 6 hour trudge through fog and ice from heckmondwike to elland road , (bus fare were a penny , far too expensive) , i used to pay tuppence ha'penny for a spot in the shed. sometimes i could sneak in through a ginnel at back.

if i were really lucky , old geezers would piss in me pockets to help me keep warm.

bert micklepants were centre forward in them days.

:o:D:D:D:D:D

its just not the same these days. :D

i bow to you man you really had i tough and to think you have had to put up with the s*it leeds used to play a double hats off to you.