Wife of papers boss shot dead

Lite Beer

Wife of papers boss shot dead
The Sunday Nation

SONGHLA: -- The wife of Chaiyong Maneerungsakul, the Southern Newspapers Association of Thailand president, was fatally shot by an unknown gunman who lured the couple to inspect a damaged rubber plantation.

Reportedly the plan was to kill Chaiyong but his wife, Wanpen Maneerungsakul, 48, intervened and was shot in the torso.

The shooting took place at about 8.40am in tambon Prik in Songkhla's Sadao district.

Police were waiting to speak to Chaiyong yesterday.

It was reported that Chaiyong had a gasoline business. He was also an adviser to a local newspaper and served as a member of subcommittee dealing with southern border problems.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-01

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the insurgency stays in the South and does not spread. In fact I hope that they find peace in the South.

RP

Somehow, I don't think the insurgency would be permitted to spread. It might not be under control, but it is very much contained in location currently, and has been for many years.

• Like 2

So the so called unknown assassin lures both to the plantation to kill them but then only shoot the wife and leaves an eyewitness alone. unknown gunman my arse I think the husband knows a lot more.

Not only an eyewitness but the main target,,,,yes does seem suspicious.

But perhaps it was one of those one shot guns or had only one bullet and the perp wasn't expecting the target to bring anyone? Feasible.

• Like 2

So the so called unknown assassin lures both to the plantation to kill them but then only shoot the wife and leaves an eyewitness alone. unknown gunman my arse I think the husband knows a lot more.

If the husband is involved he's done a great job of putting himself in the frame.

• Like 1

Not only an eyewitness but the main target,,,,yes does seem suspicious.

But perhaps it was one of those one shot guns or had only one bullet and the perp wasn't expecting the target to bring anyone? Feasible.

probably right, with the coup and all it is difficult to buy ammunition.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The other Thai English paper in Bangkok still hasn't put out their Sunday edition. They must be pacing up and down trying to figure out how to "massage" the news.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I hope the insurgency stays in the South and does not spread. In fact I hope that they find peace in the South.

RP

Somehow, I don't think the insurgency would be permitted to spread. It might not be under control, but it is very much contained in location currently, and has been for many years.

They only want what they say is there's, they want a secular state, they are aligned with that terrorist out fit in Indonesia.

So because they say it is theirs, it is ok? That logic would change a lot of maps on this planet.<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

RP

They only want what they say is there's, they want a secular state, they are aligned with that terrorist out fit in Indonesia.

Because they say it is theirs makes it ok? That logic would change a lot of maps on this planet.

Every crime I have read about here -- from the Red Bull death chauffeur to the rice subsidy is reeking of editorial pollution, unresolved contradictions, and outright sneakiness (sort of like a jumbo shrimp).

Amazing Thailand.

Good work Bluey, you should offer your excellent detective skills to the RTP

• Like 2

Every crime I have read about here -- from the Red Bull death chauffeur to the rice subsidy is reeking of editorial pollution, unresolved contradictions, and outright sneakiness (sort of like a jumbo shrimp).

Amazing Thailand.

Jumbo shrimp is good, Red Bull cover-up and rice scam subsidy is bad ! biggrin.png

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 2

Bluey ? What about Sgt Donger ? cheesy.gif

hqdefault.jpg

My apologies it was not my intentions to cause angst in anyone. Please accept my apology.

My apologies it was not my intentions to cause angst in anyone. Please accept my apology.

Relax mate, you didn't cause any angst in me. I was just having a shot at TV members general willingness to comment on stories without knowing any of the real facts, for all I know you could be 100% correct

Bluey ? What about Sgt Donger ? cheesy.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Or Bargearse

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fufKP4f1ySQ

• Like 1

The other Thai English paper in Bangkok still hasn't put out their Sunday edition. They must be pacing up and down trying to figure out how to "massage" the news.

Bangkok's English language newspapers both published on paper and on their websites on their regular Sunday schedule. Neither was delayed by even a minute on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

I were you, which I'm not, I'd be ever so careful about spreading rumours and possibly getting stuck into a defamation problem, what with military authorities seeming poised to make an example of a few rumour-mongers if they get a complaint.

RP

I doubt they want a 'secular' state,because that means non-religious. As they are all Muslims, AFAIK, I think you'll find they want a Muslim secessionist state - i.e. leave Thailand and have the 'United States of Pattani etc'

Like I say, I think you mean they want a secessionist state ...

Looking at the terrorist issue in south thailand and loosely comparing it to others like the Irish situ diferent but same same Imo.its just a matter of time before they spread their wings and target Bangkok. awful , unfortunate, but imo inevitable.