Wife of papers boss shot dead

Lite Beer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the insurgency stays in the South and does not spread. In fact I hope that they find peace in the South.

RP

Somehow, I don't think the insurgency would be permitted to spread. It might not be under control, but it is very much contained in location currently, and has been for many years.

This is not terrorism, this is a business fight. The whole country already has hits like this regularly.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So the so called unknown assassin lures both to the plantation to kill them but then only shoot the wife and leaves an eyewitness alone. unknown gunman my arse I think the husband knows a lot more.

The other Thai English paper in Bangkok still hasn't put out their Sunday edition. They must be pacing up and down trying to figure out how to "massage" the news.

Perhaps they should call someone from TAT. That's their forte.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So the so called unknown assassin lures both to the plantation to kill them but then only shoot the wife and leaves an eyewitness alone. unknown gunman my arse I think the husband knows a lot more.

Strange how the "gunman" let one go...................could he only afford one bullet ??? Call me suspicious.... BUT......Methinks there could be a large insurance policy or a demanding younger mia noi in the frame.

I hope the insurgency stays in the South and does not spread. In fact I hope that they find peace in the South.

RP

Somehow, I don't think the insurgency would be permitted to spread. It might not be under control, but it is very much contained in location currently, and has been for many years.

Wrong, during the PDRC protest a big car bomb was disarmed in Phuket. The protest however got the headlines and not the bomb. The insurgents are getting better at what they doing and the military withdrew most of their intel officers from the south during the PDRC protest. With the clampdown in progress these officers will still be tied up and won't be able to combat Thailands true enemies.

RP

Thanks to a former prime minister exiled in Dubai and his massacres like Tak bai it won't be solved for a long time!!

RP

When you see the M word, there will never be peace.

You need to read up on the history of the South of Thaland - go back to the second world war and Japans allocation of territory look how the former exiled Prime ~Minister perpetrated massacres and you'll see why they don't feel so good!!

RP

Thanks to a former prime minister exiled in Dubai and his massacres like Tak bai it won't be solved for a long time!!

Unfortunately they were also in the custody of the military at the time. The Bangkok Post called the incident a "tragedy" and "one of the worst blunders ever committed by the military in the restive deep South"

RP

Wrong, during the PDRC protest a big car bomb was disarmed in Phuket. The protest however got the headlines and not the bomb. The insurgents are getting better at what they doing and the military withdrew most of their intel officers from the south during the PDRC protest. With the clampdown in progress these officers will still be tied up and won't be able to combat Thailands true enemies.

Let us have a link to any of the above otherwise it's pure rumour mongering.

I haven't seen any evidence that the 'insurgents are getting better at what they're doing'. It's just more of the same.

As far as the Op story goes - impossible to conclude it is insurgency related as it has many serious unanswered questions.

One thing is for sure, this is one rubbish news item quality wise, either the journalist hasnt got a clue how to write a story and hasnt asked any decent questions or.... its been cut by the editor ... and badly.

Yeah it continues to amaze me how the journalists here dutifully report the most implausible stories they are spooned without the slightest question.

Literal tools.

RP

Unfortunately they were also in the custody of the military at the time. The Bangkok Post called the incident a "tragedy" and "one of the worst blunders ever committed by the military in the restive deep South"

Yes, it certainly was a tragedy and included a number of the protestors shot dead by the police before the others were handed over to the military. Thaksin was PM at the time but was never targeted by any DSI-type agency. Krue Se was actually worse as the insurgents were deliberately executed by a certain army officer, again under Thaksin's watch.

RP

You need to read up on the history of the South of Thaland - go back to the second world war and Japans allocation of territory look how the former exiled Prime ~Minister perpetrated massacres and you'll see why they don't feel so good!!

This is nothing to do with the second world war, we fought the Germans and Japanese and now live in peace with them. this is now 2014 and the M word are not interested in peace. They even stone their own family members for going outside their religion.

Maybe we don't feel so good after the Twin Towers and the London bombings, and that was in more modern times. If you want to stick up for the M word, then I do not want to debate with you.

The fact of the matter is...that as usual...we will never here all the facts...nor have closure in the case...once initially reported...unless it is a very high profile case...one never hears any outcome of an investigation...or arrests...This is Thailand...

RP

This is nothing to do with the second world war, we fought the Germans and Japanese and now live in peace with them. this is now 2014 and the M word are not interested in peace. They even stone their own family members for going outside their religion.

Maybe we don't feel so good after the Twin Towers and the London bombings, and that was in more modern times. If you want to stick up for the M word, then I do not want to debate with you.

Go on be brave - use the word Muslims that you seem to think are all not interested in peace - all 1 Billion plus of them. Presumably you know them all.

The 9/11 and London bombings killed 3-4,000. The liars invasion of Iraq killed around 200,000 Muslims and left a right old mess there. We only know about western numbers in Afghanistan but there's probably another 100,000 there. Not enough for you? And I haven't mentioned Libya, Yemen, Somalia & Syria - and there's more.

BTW there's no real evidence that the killing in the Op is related to the southern insurgency.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 1

Why does everything that happens down south have to be linked to some terrorist plot.

A more likely clue as to the background to the incident can be found in the smuggling trade related to gasoline/oil from Malaysia. Meeting deep in one of the region's rubber plantations makes perfect sense. From the capital's English speaking press 18 months ago ....

Oil smugglers threaten to kill reporters

An illegal oil trade ring has threatened to kill reporters who have exposed its activity, according to the Press Association of Southern Thailand.

• Published: 03/11/2012 at 05:34 PM
  • Writer: Online Reporters

Since the emergence of new reports on illegal oil trading in the southernmost region, the association has learned that the smugglers plan to raise funds to kill the journalists responsible, said association president Chaiyong Maneerungsakul.

Edited by rajyindee
  • Like 1

RP

I haven't seen any evidence that the 'insurgents are getting better at what they're doing'. It's just more of the same.

As far as the Op story goes - impossible to conclude it is insurgency related as it has many serious unanswered questions.

For the car bomb http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2013/12/thai-police-phuket-find-bomb-truck-2013122313610707883.html.

For the insurgency http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/SEA-01-231013.html,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency.

I also never implied the murder was related to the southern terrorists, I was responding to the claim that the terrorist attacks cannot spread.

RP

We ? ummmm..... that's not the flag of Eire on your avatar is it?....... anyway, you'll find a vast majority of 'the M words' are peaceful people, as are the Catholics not all IRA bombers etc....

RP

They only want what they say is there's, they want a secular state, they are aligned with that terrorist out fit in Indonesia.

I doubt they want a secular state considering their ideology.

They are separatists, not Islamists.

Lemonjelly, the "IRA" bombers were not always on the Catholic side, anyway I am not going in to Irish history, so this debate ends here, as far as the M word goes, I cannot say any more as it will be against forum rules.

For the car bomb http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2013/12/thai-police-phuket-find-bomb-truck-2013122313610707883.html.

For the insurgency http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/SEA-01-231013.html,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency.

I also never implied the murder was related to the southern terrorists, I was responding to the claim that the terrorist attacks cannot spread.

And who exactly claimed terrorist attacks cannot spread? blink.png

They only want what they say is there's, they want a secular state, they are aligned with that terrorist out fit in Indonesia.

I doubt they want a secular state considering their ideology.

They are separatists, not Islamists.

They are both, are they not?

The former Sultanate of Patani was conquered by the Thais in 1785 and has been governed by them ever since. Thai ownership was confirmed by the Anglo-Siamese Treaty of 1909.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency

Over the past four years, an insurgency in Thailand's southern, predominantly Muslim provinces has claimed nearly three thousand lives.

http://www.cfr.org/thailand/muslim-insurgency-southern-thailand/p12531

The 'car bomb' of last December was found by the police to be unexplodable. There was no evidence - other than speculation - that is was related to the insurgency.

The second link is a dud.

Of course the insurgency could spread but there is no evidence that it has and 2013 (January?) articles are not exactly relevant to the protests so the claim of the army being 'unable to combat Thailand's true enemies' is BS (i.e. rumour mongering).

Lemonjelly, the "IRA" bombers were not always on the Catholic side, anyway I am not going in to Irish history, so this debate ends here, as far as the M word goes, I cannot say any more as it will be against forum rules.

Whose side were they on then? Your knowledge of 'the troubles' seems as far removed from reality as your accusations against all Muslims.

BTW I'm Irish.

Edited by khunken

Whose side were they on then? Your knowledge of 'the troubles' seems as far removed from reality as your accusations against all Muslims.

BTW I'm Irish.

and I'm Scottish, I did not join this forum to go on about Irish history, but I'll finish by saying this. The Irish were persucuted by the British for 800 years, and remember the Black and Tans and how they were sent back to Britain with their tails between their legs. You brought this up and now your ignored.