OK. You win. We will all go home with all of our dosh!

pbeieio

I prefer to live in America in an area with great weather and visit Thailand once a year. When I get tired of it I step onto and airplane and go home. Yes, Home.

At my stage in life, that works the best for me also.

I probably stay longer in Thailand then you do, indeed in recent years I live there more then my home country (not the USA).

It's nice to have options.

• Like 1

"I got the car washed, oil and oil filter changed for Bt 900" hate to tell you, but....oh.nevermind.

I actually quite like it here, but I can understand your issues, just that I don't share them.

Mind you, it would be nice if the land ownership laws were changed to allow a modest domestic holding.

I'm OK with the Falang term, as it's only a descriptor, rather then a racial slur. It's certainly a polarising comment here.

It was fun watching the Father-in-Law go from 'you', to 'Somchai', to ''Davis' to 'David Bekham' (when he was in a playfull mood) to 'Khun Da' ... I'm Family now ... rolleyes.gif alt=rolleyes.gif>

There is a system of duel pricing ... sure. But that is more based on the Thai's ability to make a judgement on whether you can pay more, or not. They would try it on with a wealthy Thai. When ever my car gets repaired, the Father-in-Law keeps me out of sight so the price isn't inflated. Do I get ripped by her old man? ... nope. I got the car washed, oil and oil filter changed for Bt 900 and the old filter shown as proof.

Comes down to trust and getting the respect of the immediate Thai Family, that's how I've overcome many of the issues you espouse in the OP.

'Why should we stay?', because the frustrations you feel here are, on balance, less then the other viable alternatives ... though I do understand your frustrations.

• Like 1

I actually quite like it here, but I can understand your issues, just that I don't share them.

Mind you, it would be nice if the land ownership laws were changed to allow a modest domestic holding.

I'm OK with the Falang term, as it's only a descriptor, rather then a racial slur. It's certainly a polarising comment here.

It was fun watching the Father-in-Law go from 'you', to 'Somchai', to ''Davis' to 'David Bekham' (when he was in a playfull mood) to 'Khun Da' ... I'm Family now ... rolleyes.gif alt=rolleyes.gif>

There is a system of duel pricing ... sure. But that is more based on the Thai's ability to make a judgement on whether you can pay more, or not. They would try it on with a wealthy Thai. When ever my car gets repaired, the Father-in-Law keeps me out of sight so the price isn't inflated. Do I get ripped by her old man? ... nope. I got the car washed, oil and oil filter changed for Bt 900 and the old filter shown as proof.

Comes down to trust and getting the respect of the immediate Thai Family, that's how I've overcome many of the issues you espouse in the OP.

'Why should we stay?', because the frustrations you feel here are, on balance, less then the other viable alternatives ... though I do understand your frustrations.

"I got the car washed, oil and oil filter changed for Bt 900" hate to tell you, but....oh.nevermind.

Awe, go on ... I've got broad shoulders and a thick skin ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I only started to go to Thailand cause it's a cheap as chips holiday from Australia, and only 8 hours away from my front door.

If Europe was as close or as cheap, I would go there.

Now I'm married to a Thai, with our child, it almost certainly forever ties me to the country.

Don't worry about the word falang, they get called much much worse here in Aus.

The country is very small, there's not enough land for 70million Thais, plus outsiders who want to own some also. Buy a condo.

I thought you could start a business in Thailand?...maybe I'm wrong.

Anyhow, I see much worse happening in Thailand that you don't mention. Corruption is one.

• Like 2

OP, get your money out of Thai banks while you can,

there are a host of unknowns about to hit Thailand,

do not get caught in the sweeps

Taking your advice the OP runs to the nearest ATM, madly hitting the the keypad only to realise that the ATM doesn't dispense baht and satang coins.

• Like 1

the OP is realizing for himself, what I also concluded months ago.

he is wise to leave before things get worse for him, and they can indeed get worse,

kicking him on his way out the door, is part of that unwelcome feeling he has, as, the willingness of members to do that to him,

is precisely the example of Thainess, that you all have absorbed,

it is not ok,

to treat people this way,

the fact that you all enjoy it,

is pathetic

If they are "unknowns" how do you know about them ?

Is the sky going to fall in too ?

Quick everyone, abandon ship ! ?........yeah right.

• Like 2

he is wise to leave before things get worse for him, and they can indeed get worse,

kicking him on his way out the door, is part of that unwelcome feeling he has, as, the willingness of members to do that to him,

it is not ok,

is pathetic

Nothainess4u is a troll. He posts negatively about Thailand all the time. He really should just run along to the little hell hole he climbed out of.

• Like 1

it is not ok,

is pathetic

if you feel unwelcome and lower than low class in Thail-la-land now,

wait until the military dictatorship is unable to keep control of inflation and scarcity,

the first targets will be anyone with a white face

• Like 1

it is not ok,

is pathetic

Nothainess4u is a troll. He posts negatively about Thailand all the time. He really should just run along to the little hell hole he climbed out of.

Dear boy dear boy....thats not nice to write.

• Like 1

it is not ok,

is pathetic

So you take offence to what I've written but not his constant negative rants about Thailand. Which word did you feel so strongly about.

1. Troll.

2. H e l l or

3. Hole ?

it is not ok,

is pathetic

if you feel unwelcome and lower than low class in Thail-la-land now,

wait until the military dictatorship is unable to keep control of inflation and scarcity,

the first targets will be anyone with a white face

I never said I felt unwelcome? What are going on about, do know how absurd your ramblings are, give us a break and spare us from your pearls of wisdom, you can get help for paranoia you know.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yeah others are sensing the same....

C'mon op, what happened?

Posts like this at 05:25 are normally not from a clear mind, assuming the OP is in Thailand.

Still, he may be posting from the airport........................rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

it is not ok,

is pathetic

So you take offence to what I've written but not his constant negative rants about Thailand. Which word did you feel so strongly about.

1. Troll.

2. H e l l or

3. Hole ?

None, i only think it was not very nice what you wrote, dear boy.

Edited by benalibina