Drug testing by Thai police on the street

XaS

Listen guy's.I am done. You have made me sad. I know I sound like I am boasting.I know I sound rude. It come's with my old background. But guy's, surely, I have done a public service. I have taken criminals who deal in drugs off the street's. I have shown bad policeman that their tactic's do not always work. I have, I modestly say done my best for people and have been recognised and awarded fort this.

And,yet, all I get accused of is being a liar and some very rude comment's.

C'mon, you provided a mis-spelt link which I sort of think you knew wouldn't work- and even when the spelling is corrected it still doesn't work- and then the actual defunct news story you were linking turns out to have had nothing to do with you what you've been talking about.

Possible you just wrote down the wrong link. Spelt it wrong. It happens.

But surely you can see why people would be sceptical when someone claims they slapped a senior police officer and force fed them their own mobile phone while watching police did nothing but smirk. I don't think it's unreasonable when you've claimed it was on TV and the national news that people are interested in a link.

I mean, I'd love to read that story. Not sure why it's so hard for you just to provide a link to it.

• Like 1

No privacy at all i had to show my wiener to them while peeing. Its not easy to pee when 2 ugly cops are looking at your sausage. I tried to close the door many times but they kept opening it and started shouting.

They also took my phone away from me that time and gave it back after i was finished.

There're so many drug dealing Nigerians and other nationalities. You might have been in an area, where more drugs as usual are being sold???

Your movie might be already on coplookatwiener. com Sorry, to hear that they finished you up.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yeah,,,,same thought.....maybe you look like a 'person of suspicion'...maybe you dress like a 'drug abuser'...who knows....but police do stereotype in every country. I am sure you weret

So everyone is safe with ecstasy then?

Simply refuse the to take the test.I have many times and have never given one once besides being 'ordered" so many times to do so. The Asok are and thoglor area's seem the worst.

Just curious Hermes but do you look special or something.

I mean in 18 years walking the streets drunk, sober or high I've never once been stopped so I'm wondering how comes you've been stopped many times?

Yeah....I am wondering the same thing??? I am certain you weren't wearing a suit and tie....maybe you look like a suspicious person or a drug abuser....police everywhere will stereotype people especially foreigners. I have never been stopped along Ekami or Asok and I am there all the time. Maybe you are a troll?

I've been stopped quite a few times and searched (sometimes on foot, sometimes taken out of a taxi) and I look pretty respectable. The idea that you must look like a 'suspicious person or a drug abuser' or that anyone who claims to have been stopped 'is a troll' is totally wrong.

In fact this Stickman column on the same subject makes that point- there seems to be very little rationale between who gets stopped and searched beyond the fact that they're foreign- http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2012/Bangkok-police-stop.htm

editing for spelling

Edited by Rumblecat

I dint doubt that people are still being shook down. It's been going on for as long as I have been here 2003, in that area. I haven't myself ever been shook down, and have walked that area many a time, but I don't doubt that it is happening. As for the other Rambo in Wonderland stories, I take that with a large sack of salt, although it has bought much mirth to the forum today.

really,,,I think not, nobody dare's put their money where their mouths are. Somebody say they call my lawyer-a lie.

The only one getting the slap is that cop-and you who speak too soon.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. -- Carl Sagan

I have my ED visa and can not find any warnings that coming to Thailand I will be subjected to this kind of treatment. Otherwise I would think twice before entering to such conditions

If you do not stand up to your rights ...who will?? It does not matter where you are.

I came here, I respect rules of this country and system and I demand respect for me too.

Otherwise ...shoot me.

P.S

I think anybody witnesses or being in such situation should lodge complain to own Embassy and in your country to Thai Embassy. I believe something will be done.

Welcome to Thailand, butt. An ED visa, specifically for what?

I am being serious now, maybe it is a good idea to pick up a card from a decent lawyers office and carry it around, just a flash to these cops maybe enough, sounds illegal what they are doing

Any companies that could be recommended?

I have my ED visa and can not find any warnings that coming to Thailand I will be subjected to this kind of treatment. Otherwise I would think twice before entering to such conditions

If you do not stand up to your rights ...who will?? It does not matter where you are.

I came here, I respect rules of this country and system and I demand respect for me too.

Otherwise ...shoot me.

P.S

I think anybody witnesses or being in such situation should lodge complain to own Embassy and in your country to Thai Embassy. I believe something will be done.

Welcome to Thailand, butt. An ED visa, specifically for what?

what difference does that make?

I'm not sure about this, but I think you can require them to take you to the police station for stuff like this (searches, piss test). They won't like it; you'll be "escalating" the situation, but I think it's your right. Maybe a lawyer can chime in. I was hoping the current regime was cleaning house & addressing this kind of behavior by police. Thonglor really seems to be infested with bad apples.

• Like 1

In the last eight weeks, I've done 37 Pattaya-BKK-Pattaya bus roundtrips. In two years as of this month, I've done a little more than 100 roundtrips, passing through Ekamai bus station. I'm not questioning the shakedown incident, but I've never seen a cop stir from that police box. Only ones I've seen station themselves at the bus terminal, looking for smoking scofflaws or other likely shakedown victims. It might have been one of these mobile toll cops.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am being serious now, maybe it is a good idea to pick up a card from a decent lawyers office and carry it around, just a flash to these cops maybe enough, sounds illegal what they are doing

Any companies that could be recommended?

;b++){var>

I thought maybe this one

post-6099-0-04878500-1402051165_thumb.jp

I frequent Washington state and I know some friends who go back home to Colorado. It is legal there and the Cannabis still stays in your system, what does being positive for Cannabis prove if you haven't even consumed it within the country?

• Like 2

I frequent Washington state and I know some friends who go back home to Colorado. It is legal there and the Cannabis still stays in your system, what does being positive for Cannabis prove if you haven't even consumed it within the country?

Read the thread before posting.

You aren't in the USA. Your laws don't apply here. How difficult is it to understand this? coffee1.gif

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=ekkamai%20drug%20police%20site%3Athaivisa.com

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=ekkamai+drug+police

Seems to be a common topic based on the sheer number of threads here over the years. When walking from/to Major via the overhead walkway I often looked down and have seen Police in discussions with both Thai and foreign people who like they've come from/are going to the Eastern Bus Terminal based on their accompanying luggage.

My vaguest recollection of the many, many, many threads is there may have been a focus on foreigners with strictly legal, prescription drugs but the position of the Police is often that these are not legal in Thailand owing to some convoluted drug approval agency regulations - i.e. your laws do not apply here - and that you must pay a small fine.

• Like 1