Truevisions deposit refund

samtam

Like the others who commented in this archived thread, I have finally decided to ditch my Truevisions after 11 years. I kept getting an advice that my credit card payment wouldn't go through, (having worked successfully for the majority of that 11 year period). My bank said that True omitted my expiry date on the direct debit form. Relayed that back to True 3x. Each time the payment was rejected, so I thought that given my desire to give up this service which I rarely watch, this was a sign telling me to get on with cancellation. (That was on Sunday, when my service was cut off again.) So I told them to cancel and they said someone would call me within 5 days. Still waiting for that. But what is the deposit refund amount...I can't remember? I owe them for 3 months and it's about 7,000 baht, so obviously I'll just deduct the deposit when they pick up the box, assuming that's the procedure.

I'm in a similar position. Since they switched to the "True Visions Group", I have experienced problem after problem making payments. Some 7-11 clerks get confused which I only use as a last resort. I have had to had to hand my phone to the clerk at 7-11 who couldn't figure out the system. Then, the manager of the 7-11 got on the phone with True Visions. After 30 minutes of punching keys at the register, they finally made it work. My previous method of payment using Krungsri ATMs stopped working. For whatever reason, I just can't make a payment. Using UOB ATMs payments will work from time to time, but it is hit or miss for some reason. There is no option for "True Visions Group" which is what Customer Service tells me to do. The codes printed on the invoice emailed to me every month don't work for either bank's ATMs. I have to select "True Visions" which is what Customer Service tells me NOT to do. Like I said, it works sometimes.

Finally, I got an email telling me I could pay online through their iService channel on their website. I pulled out my credit card and got the site up. After punching in the correct numbers, my account could not be validated. So, I called them. After 20-30 minutes on the phone, they said the service could only be authenticated for True Move customers. I use AIS for my phone, so that didn't help me to pay my bill. They told me to go to a True Shop. I went there and pulled out my credit card to be told that they couldn't accept it and I needed to go to another True Shop.

All of this is happening in Bangkok and has been since they made the name change. It is about as annoying as it gets. No other bill is such a pain in the a$$ to pay. So, I often let it go and pay it every other month or so. I wait until they start calling me repeatedly in hopes that something will change. They won't accept a credit card payment on the phone. I am absolutely fed up with them. Their channels are terrible, but there isn't much choice out there.

My solution is simple. I am going to call them and tell them to suspend my service until they can sort out their payment issues on their end. Specifically, I want to be able to log into my account securely online and make my payment by Credit Card (I like to accumulate the points). Until that happens, I am testing a new system. I picked up a Roku Box in America. I have it set up as if I were in America. I have paid for a DNS service (unblock-us) at $4.99 CAD per month which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the gold package. My family has a Netflix account which I can use with the Roku Box. There are a number of other channels. I now watch the CBS evening news with my coffee before work. I have more shows and movies at my fingertips than ever before. I may sign up for Hulu Plus as well to give me just that extra bit of content. What I have right now blows True Visions away. I have all the US content I could ever want.

Have any of you experienced these payment issues, or is it just me? Have any of you been able to successfully suspend your account? I want to be sure I can rely on this Roku box which requires the internet before I completely cut the cord with True Visions. As we enter the rainy season, internet can have a lot of disruptions. We will see, but I am really sick of True Visions!!!!

Refund amount is probably 2,000 baht per box....I've turned in a couple boxes over the years and that's what I got...plus, I still had the original deposit paperwork/receipt saying the deposit was 2,000 baht. For me the deposit refund was not quick....one case it took around 5 months (after numerous followups) and another time exactly 100 days if I remember right...TrueVisions will tell you 30 to 45 days and some people do get it that fast...I just was not one of those people and the account was in the Thai wife's name. Note: TrueVisions occasionally has promotions where the deposit amount is reduced so how much you get will depend on how much you originally paid and they have logged in your account. Always good to keep the deposit paperwork/receipt they give a person when initially getting the box....its "your" proof of how much the deposit was....but it probably 2,000 baht per box.

Thanks Pib, I will check my paperwork...albeit 11 years ago, but I think I still have all of that. Still waiting for the elusive call from True Customer Service about how to proceed to close the account. It's up to them whether they want to take back the box or be paid the outstanding less my deposit. They don't seem to be in any hurry.

Smilepur - thanks for your feedback too. Your experience sounds a very plausible one as to why my credit card payment which worked perfectly well for so many years now does not work. They really do need to get their act together, but it's all academic now, as I am definitely closing the whole caboodle, and will stream internet TV instead. There is really not one thing I watched on Truevisions for so long I can't remember, and it was just my laziness in not ditching the crapola a long time ago, (an excuse used by many I know). So this payment snafu and the blocking of channels is a very good excuse to do what I should have done a long time ago. I even downgraded from Platinum to Gold to Super Family, (the latter without BBC or CNN), because I thought the 24 hrs news services were just pointless, (not True's fault), and following the Thai developments over the last six months has been much better through Twitter, or other social media.

Who needs truevisions now with Popcorn Time and no Cnn/Bbc? Popcorn is even superior than Netflix.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Popcorn Time sounds like an upstanding service (giggle, giggle) according to this Wikipedia article: Link

CNN/BCC/the other foreign news channels are now broadcasting again on Truevisions

I see you opening your ass to make useless comments regarding things you only read about. Perhaps you could download Popcorn Time and comment based on real life experience.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app