Does anyone on here actually enjoy the heat?

Pattaya Pat

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I mind the most is the humidity. I came from Northern California and it is a desert climate. The temps get to over 40 sometimes, but it is much more comfortable there most of the year. Also I have found that the heat isn't so bad if it cools off a lot at night, but here it still feels too hot no matter what time of night it is.

I agree. Too much humidity is what gets to me also.

I've been here nearly 9 months from Sydney originally where the Summer temps are generally lower and while we get some humidity from time to time it's not as bad as here at the moment.

Our A/C and fans have been getting a hammering all day (and all night!).

I took my wife (Thai) to Vegas, Hoover Dam, and the Grand Canyon in July. Her words were: "I don't ever want to hear anyone complain about Thailand being hot".

Could only get her out of the car to pose for pics for a moment at a time.

I'm tempted to check whether it's the same guys posting here also complained about the cold not long time ago... :-P

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

my house is air conditioned, the gym is air conditioned, the pool is close.

i love getting on a motorcycle and feeling the hot air swirl around me like a hot bath.

then i go for a swim, shower or back inside.

donte hate it

You seriously imagine that anyone here is surprised by the heat? I'm certainly not.

I am surprised... I live here since 2006 but it's the first year that I feel the heat so hot and on a so long period. April is always hot, ok, but we are in June now! Previous years it seems to me that at this period we had more rain and lower temperatures.

Edited by Pattaya46

In my experience I've always found that people who worship the heat are a little, well, simple..

Oh, and freezing your toes off is pleasant. "people who worship the heat are a little, well, simple.." Really?

I don't think I said that did I.

What was that you were saying about simple people, Pat? Sun got to you today has it?

It sure beats waking up in the morning in the UK and having to get dressed under the duvet to keep warm. Having to sprint to the toilet or the fridge and then quickly back to the bedroom.

Plus the cost of the heating, far more expensive than an aircon.

Stop moaning, heat is brilliant, long live the sun.

• Like 2

I don't think I said that did I.

You did say that people that enjoy the heat are simple, didn't you. My brother spent 20 years in Kiruna where temperatures drop to -45 and there is no daylight for months; I know what I prefer. But each to their own.

You do realise that the 2 weather types don't have to be mutually exclusive don't you.

Perhaps, but your opinion that people are simple just because their enjoy the heat is, well, simple... See how that works...

I was in Auckland a couple of decades back, in the middle of winter - the coldest winter in 10 years. Walking along Queen street with umpteen layers of clothing on, including thermal underwear. Icicles were forming on my nose hair. I kid you not, I seriously thought I was going to die. Then I felt a bump on my arm, and turned around to see a courier guy - singlet, shorts and flip-flops.

But this is a very hot summer. Same as last year. Have the aircon on during the day, which I usually don't.

Guess would not be here if I did not enjoy the heat..

Never use air con day time of night time......... saying that last week had Thai friend in the house so had to have the air con switched on, after they left I went to bed it did feel very hot upstairs.. silly me closed all the windows and set air con at 27, in the morning was in so much pain and cold, difficult to get up and get down the stairs., and I am of large build 6'3 and 120 KG

Just find the 2+ months of winter here is cold and my body fully of pain, so yes enjoy the heat and sun

Edit: I'm acclimatized this is year 11 here, also spent 13 years in South of France and the Algarve in Portugal

Edited by ignis

I just ignore it. Sometimes I don't even realise I'm sweating until I look down on my shirt.

If you hate it, you just make yourself feel more miserable about something, you can't change anyway. :-)

The reality is to become climatized..... Actually I do like it when I am there, And the old dead skin molts of the body....... Guess it just depends where you have lived in life.... I remember when a fan was a blessing in Thailand, now people cry about the heat and humidity.... There was no Aircon back then, unless of course you were in a Hotel...... If you want hot.... Come live in Las Vegas...... Just a thought...... There are only two seasons here.

Summer and winter........ My wife even complains when she returns to Thailand.... I feel humidity is good for us .......

Kerry giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

I must admit, I've acclimatised.

But I've also dropped 10 kgs and that has helped.

Pat, are you a + size fella?

Not trying to be smart ... just asking.

No, I'm not, I'm just under 6ft and 90 kgs, so around 5kgs over, just hate this heat.

+

BMI suggests your ideal weight 65-75Kg, that makes you at least 15Kg overweight.

I'm 6ft and 74Kg, could lose a couple more Kg, to tell the truth.

I used to be 90Kg, way too big.

As for the heat, better too hot than too cold.

Been too cold for 50 years, next 50 I'm hoping for too hot.

• Like 1

Am well used to it

I liked cold weather when I was in the UK but for health reasons this climate is much better and even though back home I may be forced on to more intensive treatment programmes, I would probably health wise be struggling a lot more, due to cold, pneumonia, superbugs etc. So.....

It sure beats waking up in the morning in the UK and having to get dressed under the duvet to keep warm. Having to sprint to the toilet or the fridge and then quickly back to the bedroom.

Plus the cost of the heating, far more expensive than an aircon.

Stop moaning, heat is brilliant, long live the sun.

Oh Yeah,

and that wonderful feeling, not, in the UK when your a-se hits the -2 plastic toilet seat w00t.gif

Had the pleasure of working in Beijing for a couple of years. Hotter than LOS in summer and winter temperatures dropping to -18. I think I'd rather stay here (I live in Cambodia but are having the same heat spell like LOS).

• Like 1