Get job any chance Hotel?

whitethai

We're going into the low season so it's unlikely hotels would be hiring and it doesn't sound as though you'd have the experience or qualifications needed to justify a foreign hire.

You are English? Sorry I ask, but your grammar does not suggest it.

Forget getting a job in a hotel with your rather limited experience, you'll need to look for a management position for that.

You are English?

Well he did say he only has 4 years experience as a UK person.

...4 years experience as Steward and UK person?

The "Any Chance Hotel?" sounds like a great name for a hotel though.

• Like 1

Sorry, but I do not understand the "UK person" bit.

Anyway, may I add this (as a General Manager of a 5-star hotel): why would I hire an expat with very little experience, pay a very high salary, flight ticket, medical insurance when I can find a local with better qualifications and experience and knowledge of the local language?

And as others have said, this is a pretty bad time to look for a job in LOS, Cambodia or Vietnam; not only is it low season, but recent events in Thailand and Vietnam have led to a massive drop in tourist arrivals.

yeah,

no problem, how about a position as a dek serv or boy.

salary 6-8k per month plus tips plus free accomadation.

You can speak and read Thai cant you?

Just take a wander round and read the adverts posted all over the place.

if you aint qualified for the above, how about a bell hop job?

To state fact, a foreigner cannot hold a job that a thai person can reasonably do, so only management, or jobs that require English skills. Never seen a foreigner working in a hotel in anything less than management. And their are many "experienced" hotel managers here who will work cheap.

From my experience managing hotels in Thailand, the only non managerial positions we would/could get a work permit for were Russian/Chinese/Japanese/Korean speaking guest service agents, tennis pro and house musician.

The coup has had a detrimental effect on the hotel industry, I doubt that they would hire you over a Thai national.as the employer would have to pay for your wp and visa.I also think hotels would be shedding staff as it is low season, your timing and industry choice are unfortunate,

First, OP, you don't say anything about yourself. Your screen name suggests you are both Thai and a UKer. Do you hold a Thai passport? That will make it way easier, of course. But maybe not so easy as you think. And as others say, in high season, you could fall off a truck and get a job. Now, not so much. Throw in martial law and curfews and plunging tourism and, well . . .

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

First, OP, you don't say anything about yourself. Your screen name suggests you are both Thai and a UKer. Do you hold a Thai passport? That will make it way easier, of course. But maybe not so easy as you think. And as others say, in high season, you could fall off a truck and get a job. Now, not so much. Throw in martial law and curfews and plunging tourism and, well . . .

I do no have a Thai passport

I guess have to get married o get one?

Anyway is it worth joining dating site?

I have 4 weeks to find wife during holiday

• Like 1

I do no have a Thai passport

I guess have to get married o get one?

Anyway is it worth joining dating site?

I have 4 weeks to find wife during holiday

And now I have just disqualified you as a troll.

4 weeks to find a wife AND a job, somehow I think you do not have the qualifications for either.

• Like 1