'Police' abduction and extortion reported at Jomtien Beach Police Station

webfact

"Police" abduction and extortion reported at Jomtien Beach Police Station

extort-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Tuesday afternoon a 26 year old man reported a case of abduction and extortion involving three men who claimed they were Police Officers.

Khun Jalan reported the incident at Dongtan Police Station on Jomtien Beach and told Police that he recently left his car at a Rental Shop on Jomtien Second Road, operated by a woman known only as “Nee”. She called Khun Jalan earlier on Tuesday and claimed his car had been seized by Police and he should make his way to the showroom as soon as possible.

When he arrived he was confronted by three men who claimed they were Police and that drugs had been found in his car. He was forced to accompany the men in their car and was taken to a remote location in Soi Tamnan in East Pattaya where he was told that a payment of 50,000 Baht would clear the case and allow Khun Jalan to avoid arrest.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/130381/police-abduction-and-extortion-reported-at-jomtien-beach-police-station/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-04

Why do you think it wasn't actual police officers? They are paid diddly squat and have to support their families somehow.

In normal times I would agree with your point, but right now the police is being scrutinized much more than before and for them to be pulling off something like this story they gotta be really, really dumb...so I think it is private enterprise and not police...

• Like 1

Why do you think it wasn't actual police officers? They are paid diddly squat and have to support their families somehow.

They get paid what they deserve, sweet f..k all. Most of them are corrupted and useless. Everytime I make a trip up North I get arrested (speeding, no radars) 200 Bahts in their pockets (tea money) I am getting very ticked off and that is one of the reasons why I have no use for them. I could add the scams on the beach in Pattaya with seadoo rentals, most people know about it.

• Like 2

So why do many PAY to become a BiB..?

So why aren't they out there nicking folk for no helmet, license, insurance..?

So why aren't they out there pulling kids that are not even teenagers off m/cycles, taking them home and fining the parents and in many cases saving kids lives.?

There is bundles of cash to be made out there to improve wages.

• Like 2

She called Khun Jalan earlier on Tuesday and claimed his car had been seized by Police and he should make his way to the showroom as soon as possible

Were they selling cars or impounding them? 'Quality' journalism.

• Like 1

'He did not have the money but instead handed over an ATM card which was later used to withdraw 7,000 Baht. A further payment of 10,000 Baht cash was made to the men who also took the victims Gold Necklace and 3 Samsung Smart Phones' Pattaya One

Who would hand over their ATM card and make that further payment after having your chain and mobile pinched? Surely if they were threatening him the alarm bells should have rang!

She called Khun Jalan earlier on Tuesday and claimed his car had been seized by Police and he should make his way to the showroom as soon as possible

Hardly relevant to the incident whether she was "selling or impounding them" and as far as the sentence you quoted was concerned there was absolutely nothing wrong with the "quality of the journalism", maybe, just maybe, she had a showroom.

....duh...they should start with the woman accomplice....don't you think....???

Informing him that someone claiming to be the police say they want to seize his car automatically makes her an accomplice?

Bar Stool Criminal Investigation Service (BS-CSI) at its best.

• Like 1

Hardly relevant to the incident whether she was "selling or impounding them" and as far as the sentence you quoted was concerned there was absolutely nothing wrong with the "quality of the journalism", maybe, just maybe, she had a showroom.

... and your saying rental shops have showrooms? Unfamiliar vocabulary for me when thinking about car rentals.

... and very "relevant" in my comment was the use of 'they' and not she or her.

Edited by lostmebike
  • Like 1

So why do many PAY to become a BiB..?

So why aren't they out there nicking folk for no helmet, license, insurance..?

So why aren't they out there pulling kids that are not even teenagers off m/cycles, taking them home and fining the parents and in many cases saving kids lives.?

There is bundles of cash to be made out there to improve wages.

They do pull people over for not having helmets, license and insurance. 100 to 200 baht/pop unless it is a teenage girl, then they ask for a telephone number.

I find it utterly amazing that they can do "school duty", ie stop traffic and allow hundreds of pupils to ride out onto the streets with no helmets. This would be an excellent place to improve things.

No helmet, no license, no insurance? Bike stays at school and you walk home, no fine. So <deleted> easy.

Maybe I misread, but are you actually justifying this?

No, of course not; just wondered why people were jumping to conclusions based on so little information.

They get paid what they deserve, sweet f..k all. Most of them are corrupted and useless. Everytime I make a trip up North I get arrested (speeding, no radars) 200 Bahts in their pockets (tea money) I am getting very ticked off and that is one of the reasons why I have no use for them. I could add the scams on the beach in Pattaya with seadoo rentals, most people know about it.

Well, I didn't get ticked off (sic) by the police, on way back from the south with a brand new car.I got pi....d off by the copper who told me the red plate I'd been issued with was false and I had to pay up 100baht.

Back in Chiang Mai, the wisdom was to take the plate off altogether, which I did for the three months it took to get a normal black on white plate.

As a matter of interest, to be 'ticked off' is normally to mean that someone has admonished or been mildly angry with another person. Has the meaning changed as it moved across the Atlantic? Always interested to learn how languages change meaning.

Plenty of radars up north mate. maybe you just don't see them. Look for a truck and a man who looks like he's taking photos on the side of the road. Bit different to what you may be used to but nevertheless it is a speed trap. Sends the details to those blokes manning the road block traffic cones (you know the ones with the Ipads) who direct you to the side of the road...busted.

Slow down. The speed limit is 90KPH

Edited by Mudcrab