73 taxi drivers arrested in Phuket anti-mafia drive

Lite Beer

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always said it would take the Thai Army, and many members ridiculed me.

Just shows how rotten the police are here that it takes the Thai Army to do their job for them.

You really do deserve to be ridiculed. Just when it looked as though you may be making a good point you go and spoil it with your last sentence and your recurring lack of reading ability or refusal to give credit where it is due. One third of the operation was the RTP.

Edited by MMarlow
  • Like 2

“From now on, the police will not let this happen. No police officer will be transferred and anyone who blocks roads will be prosecuted,” he said.

It's about freaking time.

“Our problem is the local authorities are not strong enough to enforce the law seriously.”

Hard to believe they actually admit this in a press release. Perhaps there is hope.

• Like 2

I'd like to see an Army general appointed as a right hand man to the governor and quickly solve all the main problems that the island has suffered over the past 10 years since the Tusnami that are due to corruption, jet ski scams, surly taxi tuk tuk drivers, etc. One year of iron fists and lockdown of the criminals, perhaps Phuket could get rid of the majority of the rampant corruption.

• Like 2

“More than a thousand police officers, soldiers and local authority officials have been working on this.

“The plan was launched on January 30 this year; we have spent about three months now working on this problem.”

So credit is not just to be associated with the Thai Military Junta.

More than a thousand police officers, soldiers and local authority officials have been working on this.

The plan was launched on January 30 this year; we have spent about three months now working on this problem.

So credit is not just to be associated with the Thai Military Junta.

Just coincidence that all the riff-raff is being cleaned up in LOS when the military took over.

Sure thing, I believe it. ;-)

Because the police force was doing a great job these last few years ;-)

Edited by ClutchClark